Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking for some feedback only feedback at this time so please no offers yet. I have a Monster Bash in relatively good shape, the shootout hole is of course blown out but I have covered it with a cliffy and you can't even tell anymore. The Drac track is in great shape just a few marks on it and over all the play field is in excellent shape. Rebuilt the flippers and installed all new boards from Rottendog and I am having the old boards repaired by a pro. I also installed new LED's in the complete game. As of recently I have been thinking of selling this since the market seems like it is a good time to sell or am I wrong. Should I hold onto it and watch the market go up. My thought process is that I can sell it at the going market and most likely come close to being able to purchase a TZ and LOTR with the sale of MB. Two for one sounds pretty good to me at this time or should I say pretty close to a two for one swap as I can come. What would some of you members do, hold onto it and watch it appreciate more and just suck it up and purchase a LOTR or TZ on my own and increase my collection or let it go to get two other great games. To say I am torn is an understatement.

#2 11 years ago

I'd keep the MB but it sounds like you are sick of it if you are even considering it? If i were you, I'd make darn sure i was done with it before selling it as it is a hard one to find! Way harder than those other two!

#3 11 years ago

MB was the first game I bought, had a very nice one and swore I would never get ride of it. Great game, theme, toys and call outs but it just got old for me. It became too easy and after time, it just got old.

With that said, I would sell it if you are not happy with it or if it has become just plain "old" as it did for me. I would not worry about the market, I personally don't think it is going to hold much longer at these ridiculous prices anyway.

Lots of great games out there to enjoy!

#4 11 years ago

How much do you play it and is anything else like it in your collection?
When you go to play games in your collection do you play it each time?

If you could trade it straight up for those two games I would do it, I would think
you would not have much of a problem trading back.

It is always great to have something new in the collection and in this case
two things. Even though I think MB is a great game I would do it for those
two games.

Good luck either way

#5 11 years ago

I'm torn as well. Mine would buy a nice Nikon D4 and some other goodies.. which I'd use almost daily. My MB sometimes sits for weeks without being played.

I just worry that I couldn't afford to replace it.

#6 11 years ago

i Just traded my MB a few weeks ago for another pin + some cash, and to be honest with you, I regret it a little bit. I'll never probably get another MB unless the guy I traded with does a retro-trade, but I accept my mistake. Probably could have gotten more for it, especially if I could have gotten a LotR AND another good pin for it, haha.

but you live and learn, not like I was stuck with a stinker game, just miss my MB and its beautiful colors. Just make sure that if you're gonna get rid of it, that you won't miss it....because you may never see another one again....trust me....I know

#7 11 years ago

It remains a sellers market right now. If you plan on selling something it is better to do so in a sellers market than a buyers market. I know that is a gross oversimplification but I guess the point is now is a good time to sell MB or any other machine you may think you will sell in the near to medium term.

#8 11 years ago

Just guessing here, but with stern making (more expensive) and highly rated games and JJP getting WoZ out, and I dont know a thing about the predator game or the price of it, Id think the market will flatten out a bit. Now probably would be the best time to sell as other guys look at theirs and think the MB could almost pay for an XMen and WoZ, and will consider selling too....

#9 11 years ago

holding on to most of my "a" games, but if you really don't play it why not trade or sell for others. If I had a smaller collection/ smaller space I would get bored and would probably switch out more games.

#10 11 years ago

Nows the time to dump it. Prices are stupid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.95
$ 75.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-selling-my-monster-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.