Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stangbat
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I had a local bar message me today and ask if I operate pinballs. I don't but I've thought about it. I have not contacted them back yet. I'm not looking make a living at it, but would like to put a game or 2 in this one location because there is NO location pinball in Salem, IN. Maybe it'll catch on and they'll want more games, maybe I'll bring them home in 6 months, we'll just have to see... He has a guy that operates a jukebox there but that is his only coin-op that I know of.

Aside from having to clean, repair, check in on regularly, obtain local amusement licenses, and such, what else should I do? Contract between myself and the bar and what should that consist of? What should the split be?, etc.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks,
    -Steve

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Insurance is mandatory or don't even consider doing it - makes no difference if you make money or lose money operating. Don't leave yourself exposed to much higher potential risks.

So where/who would I get insurance from... I'm assuming my local Allstate guy would say, "You want insurance for what?"

#24 7 years ago

Update: Waiting to hear back on a time to go talk with him to see what he has in mind... I hope he likes classics because I don't own anything newer than 1982... He had heard I collect and reached out. I don't intend to buy new games just to put in a first time location. I really think this would just be an experiment on both of our parts to see how pinball would do in a small town of 6,500. If it takes off, great... If not, no harm no foul. It's an established bar in town. I played music there over 20 years ago and it' still going strong.

-Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-operating-advice?tu=VDrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.