Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by VacFink
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cheap_beer_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

It seems like you'd be better off finding a partner venue that would let you operate pinballs in it. Let them operate the biz, you take care of the pins without the headaches of everything else.

#29 8 years ago

The sad truth is, when you start looking at the costs involved to launch this, you start asking yourself the cold hard truth about whether this is a good use for your money, or can that same money earn more another way, also without becoming the worst job in the world.

I'm a fan of Bar Rescue, and more often than not the people opening the bars did so because "they like bars". Jon Taffer will regularly tell them something like : "If you want to hang out in your own bar, build the best basement bar in the world, have your friends over and don't worry about ROI, rent, utilities, staff, and everything else that becomes a nightmare".

I took that advice to heart and built my own basement arcade, everything to commercial spec, and don't lose any sleep over it .

I do think being an operator is a decent middle ground, and I'd take my time finding the best, most cooperative venue that sees the pinball as an attraction.

#54 8 years ago

Pins are so uncommon on location, I'd find a location saw real value in adding them, and wanted an attraction, plus saw the benefits in having leagues come to their venue, etc.

I'd never pay rent. I'd just go across the street and talk to the bar there, or one a block away. I'd keep looking till I found the most advantageous location that was going to give my business its best chances.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-opening-a-pinball-arcade?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.