Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by VacFink
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cheap_beer_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoonwalkerArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 8 years ago

Im 31 yrs old & I started my coin-op business from scratch. I operate in FECs & Bars & recently started a second business which operates a stand alone arcade with 10 pins in my hometown. In the 12 years Ive done this Ive never paid myself till recently. Ive had to work a full time job to pay my personal bills. The businesses are self sufficient when it comes to paying their bills, but please think long & hard before getting into coin-op. The bar market is terrible. Barcades in the correct city do good, but there bars 1st & arcades second. I am very fortunate my wife has a great job & I only work my businesses now, but man have I struggled at times. You have to have a burning desire & truly love pinball or video amusement or whatever type of coin-op you do. Remember you can be Disney or you can be Joe's Arcade and this equipment cost you both the same. You dont get a discount cause your small. Ive only recently had employees as well for my stand alone arcade venture & right now paying there wages, & paying the rent & paying utilities & paying machine bills I cut myself a check a couple times a month, but its $100 at a time. Love this venture 100% or you will burn out fast. Remember you buy a GOT or TWD premium its $7000. True pinball players who play in leagues & tournaments will pay $1.00 per play, but your average customer who outweighs your league player 100/1 will balk at that $1.00 per play, they will go on facebook & comment about it too. You gotta be careful & find a true balance of equipment you can price accordingly for your everyday customer.

#73 8 years ago

Coin operated amusements is very competitive in my area & sometimes cut throat. Splits of cashboxes are competitive & repair time needs to be ASAP or your gonna get a call cause other vendors are waiting to swoop in & snag the location at any opportunity. Now if you own your arcade & merely renting space some worries as an operator decrease, but other worries increase of course. As far as price per play, your average customer will stick there nose up at $1.00 per play. There is something about $1.00 that people think is like spending $5.00. Now if your running tokens at a discount you could probably get 4 tokens per play or even better card swipe system like dave & busters. With card swipe who's gonna calculate 2.9 credits per play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoonwalkerArcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-opening-a-pinball-arcade?tu=MoonwalkerArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.