• I'm getting STLE and MMR 6 votes
    10%
  • Just getting MMR no ST 19 votes
    31%
  • Never wanted a ST anyway 16 votes
    26%

(62 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I'm thinking of dropping out of my STLE order and getting a pro instead. This way I will have enough cash for a MMR. Or I can still get the STLE and try to sell my nice BDK next year to fund my MMR. Which one to do??? I guess it all depends on what this Starfield Projector is all about now. For those of you that have a STLE order what are you doing now??

#2 10 years ago

What I am doing is asking the exact same question!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-has-to-ask-st-le-vs-mm-remake

I am going to be all the more eager to hear what else, if anything, Stern has to say tonight. Please give us a full report if you are on site. I am getting all of this info second hand.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

What I am doing is asking the exact same question!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/somebody-has-to-ask-st-le-vs-mm-remake
I am going to be all the more eager to hear what else, if anything, Stern has to say tonight. Please give us a full report if you are on site. I am getting all of this info second hand.

Cool, yeah I'd love to know!

#4 10 years ago

There's always the ST premium. and MM is only 1k deposit now; rest of payment due in what...approx. 7-9 mos? You got time homeslice. Big question is will the 1k deposit be refundable and for how long?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's always the ST premium. and MM is only 1k deposit now; rest of payment due in what...approx. 7-9 mos? You got time homeslice. Big question is will the 1k deposit be refundable and for how long?

I wish the Premium was an option but in Canada it isn't. The price difference up here is $700 because of the monopoly one company has.

#6 10 years ago

F*** No, QuarterGrabber you keep making threads about not choosing ST LE or getting out? Totally different machines and manufacturers. Some may not be able to afford both. I will get my ST LE, then wait for dust to settle and pick up a MM after someone needs to sell at a discount. What is the rush 1000 being made-there will be plenty for all who want them. June is a long time away, and I will be enjoying my ST LE playing the shit out of it, and not caring if it loses value or gains value. My .02

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and I will be enjoying my ST LE playing the shit out of it, and not caring if it loses value or gains value. My .02

I thought you cancelled it?

#8 10 years ago

Edit :quoted the wrong guy and then got misquoted myself. Doh!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You are confusing me with pinmeister I am pinmister.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

F*** No, QuarterGrabber you keep making threads about not choosing ST LE or getting out? Totally different machines and manufacturers. Some may not be able to afford both. I will get my ST LE, then wait for dust to settle and pick up a MM after someone needs to sell at a discount. What is the rush 1000 being made-there will be plenty for all who want them. June is a long time away, and I will be enjoying my ST LE playing the shit out of it, and not caring if it loses value or gains value. My .02

My issue is that I think that MMR will sell out FAST! So I have to pay for both now, which I am in the boat of being one of those people that can't afford both at once. So I think getting a ST pro and MMR is a good compromise because I still get to play ST and I get a MM too. I can always still get STLE and try to sell my mint BDK to fund my MMR but the deposit has to be in NOW.

#11 10 years ago

Plus what if BDK isn't worth as much as it is now next year? (and my son loves it)

#12 10 years ago

Hey QB, your threads are becoming redundant; one after the other "what to buy? what to do?"

FYI most people buy games based on what they like, not what a group of Internet strangers like.

#13 10 years ago

I've had MM before. Much rather have STLE. No chance of switching. I might buy a new MM also if they were in the $6000 range where they belong.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Hey QB, your threads are becoming redundant; one after the other "what to buy? what to do?"
FYI most people buy games based on what they like, not what a group of Internet strangers like.

Thanks for your opinion, but you know what opinions are like
Now for the peoples opinions I actually value, what to do??

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I may liquidate my collection before AFM, MB, and CC are re-released, destroying their value.

According to your games list, you don't own any of those three titles. Why are you so indignant?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

My issue is that I think that MMR will sell out FAST!

+1. Maybe already sold out? Wonder how many folks ordered more than just 1? So many questions and no answers.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Quoted from pinmister:

And the person cancelling everything would be pin-miser.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

pinmister and pinmeister, both in Colorado? That should be illegal.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

+1. Maybe already sold out? Wonder how many folks ordered more than just 1? So many questions and no answers.

I know that is what I am struggling with. I know people are ordering more then one and MM is such a good game. I hope they confirm they are making a standard model too. I don't need to have the LE of that title. But if the 1000 is all they are making then yes I want one.

#20 10 years ago

STLE all the way! Played MM many times, not worth $8,000 to me . If they produce 1,000+ ??? , you will probably
be able to buy one HUO later for less.

#21 10 years ago

I owned MM its great but I played it. Would much rather have a new pin to play StarTrek LE for me, It would have been better if this company made a new pin with a good theme not a rehash of a jokey pin from the 90's.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Hwawonyu said:
I may liquidate my collection before AFM, MB, and CC are re-released, destroying their value.

According to your games list, you don't own any of those three titles. Why are you so indignant?

Oh good grief . I mixed up rimesters and you miss quoted me. Thats not me saying that.

#23 10 years ago

Lieutenant Commander Data: [about the Borg Queen] She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: How long a time?

Lieutenant Commander Data: 0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-dropping-your-stle-order-for-a-mmr-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.