Topic poll

“Which will stay longer”

• Medieval Madness 16 votes
    57%
  • Attack from Mars 12 votes
    43%

(28 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Thinking of moving some things around. Looking at the remakes, done with Sterns for now. I was looking at the AFM special or limited. Then thought hey how about a MM. Thoughts. I was thinking of moving my Bally Lost World, STTNG and my Metallica.

#2 6 years ago

You really have to play both. I had the exact same decision a few years ago. After lots of playing both games, I went with Attack From Mars. I still prefer it to this day, but both are fantastic games. Some people like the added stuff in MM, others like the better flow from AFM. It's a tough call until you've played both a fair amount.

#3 6 years ago

MM such a better game. AFM gets old in home setting after a year. But i love the new display!
Going to get some down votes here, but its my honest opinion.

#4 6 years ago

How much might you be asking for sttng or met?

#5 6 years ago

No wrong answer here. Both are solid (top 5) games that have passed the test of time. I would just choose the theme you like better. I went with AFMR, even though I like both medieval\fantasy and Sci-fi. I just prefer Sci-fi.

#6 6 years ago

Have both originals and both are great but i much prefer afm bc its more difficult and faster(at least mine is) . I've had afm a year longer also and it still gets twice the play mm does. I also prefer the rules on afm . Cant go wrong with eaither tho....

#7 6 years ago

I would go with AFMr now since the LE is still available. I can't wait for my LE to get here. I think my next pin after that (probably in a couple of years) will be MMr. I think it is a great game as well.

I play both quite a bit in Pinball Arcade, and I really don't get tired of either. I don't know if I like either of them more than Metallica, but it is pretty close.

#8 6 years ago

I decided to sell all my other games to get an AFMrLE and MMr. I'm the wrong person to ask but if I had to choose one it would probably be AFMr. The better answer is both!

3 weeks later
#9 6 years ago

Im contemplating trading my mmr to get an afmr se. I see the coments above but would like to hear some more input. Thanks

#10 6 years ago

Just really don't know how to answer this question. I've owned MM for a little > 2 years and AFM for 1.5 years. They sit side by side in my game room.

I play both equally. When true pinball enthusiasts come over (I have several pinsider friends) they obviously play my most recent pin first, then eventually move over to the AFM and MM and spend most of the rest of the time there compared to my other pins. Both are always top 5 rated pins and were chosen to be the first remakes for very good reasons. But I don't see how anyone can say that there is a best between the 2. If you are "done with Sterns for now" and want another 90's classic B/W these are two of the very best out there. Either would offer something different from most of your current collection, I guess your STTNG would be the most similar. I have that game as well, and love it, but these are better games.

At times I've wondered why some of us would own both because they are similar, but they are also different enough to make owning both not just reasonable, but desirable.

Frankly I would chose based on which one becomes your first good available option. I bought my MM first because it suddenly became available locally, then picked up the AFM later when I saw it posted.

And if you ever do get tired of them either one can be sold with very little effort because they are both so sought after.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-changing-the-line-up-afm-or-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.