(Topic ID: 213851)

Thinking of buying my first Pinball Machine.

By ralphs007

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

NIB, if you want to play and only want to do minor repairs for the first year or two of ownership, although there are exceptions of course depending on what you buy. This is what I did, I bought MMR NIB and it has been very reliable. First machine for me in Jan 2017. I have only had to replace a couple of minor parts, a troll head and a post stud that broke. The machine has never been "unplayable" in the time I've had it and that was important to me as a first time owner. I did do a substantial amount of modding, 23 protectors installed, 2 light mods, shaker motor and DMD color chip installed, anti-rattle tape on the pf glass, some colored anodized nylock nuts, filed down sharp side rails and did a shop job. Some of this stuff was minor , some not. Buying NIB allowed me to play and be an owner for a while and ease into the machine work side of it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-buying-my-first-pinball-machine?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.