Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have been thinking of buying a bugs bunny birthday. I know of a guy that has one for sale here in Canada for 2500.00. Looking for opinions on the game and the asking price. Seems like a lot of people bash it but looks kind of cool to me.

#2 8 years ago

Uhhhh. No. Pick something else.

#3 8 years ago

DON't!!!!!

and if you must DO NOT pay anywhere near 2500 for it. Maybe half that

#4 8 years ago

A great license with horrible execution. The playfield layout is one of the worst I have ever played. I would take it if it were given to me, then I would flip it for whatever I could manage to get for it. It is just, bad.

#5 8 years ago

There is a good chance you might find a bowl of hot vomit soup more tolerable.

#6 8 years ago

I had the opportunity to play one for a few months. I tried to like it, my kids loved the theme. The game sucks. lol....sad but true.

#7 8 years ago

I thought about buying one years ago. Got to play it several times and changed my mind. Of course, the best advice is to use your own judgment. There must be somebody who likes that pin. Maybe you're the one.

#8 8 years ago

Got to play one recently and liked the theme and the art. However game was pretty boring. Could have been setup was not optimized but I removed it from my list of System 11's I would like to own.

#9 8 years ago

Think again.

#10 8 years ago

I have had the game a couple times, at 2500 it is overpriced. Only reason that i have had one is because of the theme for my kids. If you can grab it for 1200-1400 its OK as you can let the kids enjoy it a little and then move it out, but more than that and our taking a chance. I was lucky and had mine listed on ebay (for about 3 months) at 2250.00 and then someone hit buy it now and off it went to brazil. That was a grat day for me.

#11 8 years ago

You have to remember that 1400 USD = 1717.8 CAD.
And pins are about $200+ more the closer you get to Toronto.
So $1800-2000 Canadian would not be too bad if its in. Really great/amazing shape.

But if it has wear and broken plastics etc. No way is it even close to $2000 canadian.
$1000-1200.

But yes, the game does not play that great.

#12 8 years ago

Not even a good choice at half of $2500, I bought one a few years ago strictly to use in a family fun center where I thought it would do well because of the theme, but even there it was a poor earner. You know it's a bad playing game when even little kids don't like it!!

#13 8 years ago

This is probable the next title up for a ColorDMD.

#14 8 years ago

Garth Algar: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?
Wayne Campbell: No. [cracks up laughing] No.
Garth Algar: Neither did I. I was just asking.

#15 8 years ago

What a difference a B makes. BBBB.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I had the opportunity to play one for a few months. I tried to like it, my kids loved the theme. The game sucks. lol....sad but true.

I was lucky enough to find a sap, I mean a dear friend to house this gem - see above.

Popeye used to be the standard bearer of suck but that crown needs to go to bugs.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmith:

I have been thinking of buying a Bugs Bunny birthday. I know of a guy that has one for sale here in Canada for 2500.00. Looking for opinions on the game and the asking price. Seems like a lot of people bash it but looks kind of cool to me.

Coming from someone who grew up with the cartoons it looks cool but the fun ends there. The game is very boring and after several games you'll be saying to yourself...WTF did I pay $2500 for this dog. In all seriousness its a terrible machine. Worth $1000-$1250 tops. One of the worst sys 11 pins ever made.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Popeye used to be the standard bearer of suck but that crown needs to go to bugs.

BBBB, brought to you by the same team as Popeye.

#18 8 years ago

With all this bashing and the time that has passed, could looney tunes not be a license to do in the future? It's instantly recognizable and if done right may work.

#19 8 years ago

I'd definitely get a different game if I were you. This has some nostalgic value for me as I remember playing at Chuckie Cheese when I was a kid. One came up for $800 around here fully working and I just couldn't love it enough to buy it. The gameplay is dreadful...

#20 8 years ago

artwork is great.. theme is great but poor bugs...playfield layout kills it!!!!! They should redo this theme again. i had a HUO beautiful one but it had to go.

#21 8 years ago

What a waste of a great license. Guessing from the glowing reviews you've received that you'll keep the $2500 in your pocket?

#22 8 years ago

Painful to play. Just dreadful. Wouldn't take one for free, unless I was allowed to flip it.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I'd definitely get a different game if I were you. This has some nostalgic value for me as I remember playing at Chuckie Cheese when I was a kid. One came up for $800 around here fully working and I just couldn't love it enough to buy it. The gameplay is dreadful...

Nostalgia maybe hurts the staying power sometimes. I Had a TAF and Pinbot in the house, great memories of em as a kid.. they just didn't do anything for me.. not my style, not as good as i remember.. whatever it was, they moved on pretty quick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-buying-bugs-bunny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.