(Topic ID: 74662)

Thinking of buying an EM - Buyer's guide?

By btw75

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fireballg1.jpg
    GR11-24-136pm 033.jpg
    GR11-24-136pm 028-505.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Cheap, local and functional was the only requirement for my first EM purchase. I experimented with a few before determining what games I enjoyed. That may not be the best or easiest strategy these days.

If you can attend the Texas Pinball Festival or visit a local collector that has a bunch of Ems, that is probably your best bet. Play as many games as you can to get a feel for an era and manufacturer you like best. It's all pretty subjective.

#13 10 years ago

Good advice so far but I often wonder what you Gottlieb guys would collect if they never existed. Sports cards or postage stamps maybe?

#17 10 years ago

I like them too. They arguably churned out the most great titles and are well built. With that said variety is always nice…don't limit yourself.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I could only have one choice, it would be my Williams single player Big Daddy, although I am interested in finding a Skill Pool.

Cheap one in Cali, needs a little love.
    ebay.com link: 1963 Williams skill pool

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-buying-an-em-buyers-guide?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.