(Topic ID: 38914)

Thinking of buying a xenon vinyl playfield.

By GizzArd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GWalton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xenon_playfield_235.JPG
xenon_playfield_237.JPG
xenon_playfield_230.JPG
xenon_playfield_233.JPG
xenon_playfield_232.JPG
xenon_playfield_224.JPG
new_xenon_playfiels_nukka_012.JPG
new_xenon_playfiels_nukka_002.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

the games going over the side, are nothing to cry about. They were really picked over. Some games are worth nothing. There have been games i've been offered for free, but were to far gone, I was even worth the hassle of trying to get it out of their basement. Not every game is savable. Especially if it's fluffy from water.

#52 11 years ago

I dunno. That video really makes me kinda sad. There must have been something of use in those machines. At least the legs and playfield junk.

2 weeks later
#53 11 years ago

So I ended up getting another Xenon machine minus the boards and backglass for 500 bucks. I took the playfield apart cleaned it put it back together and it plays like a dream. Im really happy with the playfield as well. ha ha thats why i got it! being populated and in better conditon was a plus it even had the original red tubes that covered the gi bulbs and plastics were amazing. Someone did put a big chunk of mylar in the middle It doesnt seem to be a good job but Im going to leave it alone. there are some wear spots and i just want to get everyones opinion on what they would do.

#54 11 years ago

some pics

new_xenon_playfiels_nukka_002.JPGnew_xenon_playfiels_nukka_002.JPG new_xenon_playfiels_nukka_012.JPGnew_xenon_playfiels_nukka_012.JPG

#55 11 years ago

So I ended up getting another Xenon machine minus the boards and backglass for 500 bucks. I took the playfield apart cleaned it put it back together and it plays like a dream. Im really happy with the playfield as well. ha ha thats why i got it! being populated and in better conditon was a plus it even had the original red tubes that covered the gi bulbs and plastics were amazing. Someone did put a big chunk of mylar in the middle It doesnt seem to be a good job but Im going to leave it alone. there are some wear spots and i just want to get everyones opinion on what they would do.

#56 11 years ago

pics

xenon_playfield_224.JPGxenon_playfield_224.JPG xenon_playfield_232.JPGxenon_playfield_232.JPG xenon_playfield_233.JPGxenon_playfield_233.JPG

#57 11 years ago

more

xenon_playfield_230.JPGxenon_playfield_230.JPG xenon_playfield_237.JPGxenon_playfield_237.JPG

#58 11 years ago

more. i took better pics with a nice camera but they wont upload

xenon_playfield_235.JPGxenon_playfield_235.JPG

#59 11 years ago

someone got $500 for a parted out Xenon? Someone scored. Fully working it's hard to get $900 out of one.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

someone got $500 for a parted out Xenon? Someone scored. Fully working it's hard to get $900 out of one.

Thanks man it was pretty awesome. The guy has another one he's selling but with backglass for 600. Ill be selling my old playfield complete, backbox and cab for like 350

#61 11 years ago

if it had the boards, you should have taken the $600 one. Doesn't hurt to have an extra set of boards sitting around or future projects or to diagnose problems in the future.

#62 11 years ago

Yeah it didn't have the boards, and since I already had a backglass I felt that it would be nice to leave it for someone who needed it more. Now I'm kinda kicking myself cause I could of just bought boards and sold it as a complete machine with my playfield. Doah!!!!!!!

#63 11 years ago

Hindsight is always 20/20, Giz.

Look on the bright side, you did good!

#64 11 years ago

Congrats on getting an improvement on the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-buying-a-xenon-vinyl-playfield/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.