View topic image gallery

thats what she said (resized).jpg
88ef597320a8ec1d8efc3fb8a6cbe06326b6bb5a (resized).jpg
916036c7b4812e5497a4fc90a12b92d92e29392e (resized).jpg
fa967f1fc5f19d732b58c0ad3df9ab30c11b9f1c (resized).jpg
WOZ RR Legs and trim (resized).JPG
WOZ Playfield (resized).jpg
WOZ 2.0 light board (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vintageslots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I am a new user on this forum.

I have owned a few pinballs over the last 20 years or so but am far from an expert. I currently own a Twilight Zone (purchased in 1993) and an Evel Kenievel (electronic version). I bought the EK back in the late 1980's for $300. I bought it because my family knew Evel (I grew up in his home town) and this machine was never on location. It was purchased new and was always in a home. I am primarily an antique slot machine collector.

Anyway, there might be a WOZ available in my area. I am wondering if there is anything I need to look out for. Did early versions have issues and design flaws I need to be aware of? I read somewhere that one of the boards might be problematic. Do I need to be aware of machines with certain serial numbers?

I don't know the serial number of the machine that might be coming up but heard it was a "LE" version. I assume that means Limited Edition.

What is the going price for a "LE" machine that has been in a home environment with very limited play?

Thanks in advance.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

I would definitely go play it. I own a WOZ 75th Ruby Red and we love it. It plays differently than other machines and that is good or bad depending on your preference. It also is a more expensive game so make sure it is a price you are willing to pay. The good news is that the gameplay is exactly the same regardless of which cosmetic version you buy.
Earlier games did have some board issues but I hear they were good about fixing them.
WOZ games tend to be around the $8000 range. Many are home use only since they are expensive.

Thanks, I have played them in the past. My concern would be that if this machine had board issues and they were not addressed and I assume the machine is now out of warranty I would have to pay big $ for JJ to fix it.

I do realize the machines are not cheap which is why I am asking these questions. I know the machines are not inexpensive which is why I am doing my research.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vintageslots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-buying-a-wizard-of-oz?tu=vintageslots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.