New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 214114)

Thinking of buying a broken College Queen pinball machine

By sandyjohn522

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I found a Gottlieb Colleg Queen pinball machine for $400. I asked the seller if it powered on and lit up, and he said yes. He also says it's stuck on 10 points, and won't move from there. In the picture he posted I don't see the 10 points, so I'm guessing it get that far and then not doing anything. I saw where at auction they go for between $200-$400. I pointed that out, and he said he would take $200. I'm an older woman, and I'm trying to buy one fairly cheap for my granddaughter. We owned a similar machine when my girls were younger, and we loved it. I'm lucky that I have someone that works on these nearby, just not sure what it would cost. Does this sound like a machine that would be easy to fix, or is it junk? I think $200 sounds like a real deal, but if it needs lots of work, could this lead to hundreds of dollars to repair? Thanks for any help!
Sandy

#2 2 years ago

The cosmetic condition is much more important than the operational condition when it comes to value.
Original cabinet paint should be in reasonably good condition, as well as the playing surface and backglass.
The metal coin door, legs and coin slot bezel plate should be reasonably rust and dent free.
Just about any operational issue can be repaired, usually fairly easily. That particular model isn't very collectable or valuable to begin with, so $200 in average or better condition sounds about right, especially of you need to have it repaired.
Post your general location so that local repairmen can possibly reach out to you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 5.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 9.95
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside