Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SealClubber
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nbafb.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Anybody have any opinions on this game? Any info/tips on value would be appreciated as well.
Anyone selling one??

#2 7 years ago

Everyone seems to buy these to steal the juicy, valuable WPC95 parts since the game is usually under $2K. But lots of guys like it as it is. Hard to get any other such late-model game at that price, for what it's worth.

#3 7 years ago

Great game........add it.

#4 7 years ago

Backglass bucket is fun to play and I enjoyed the Trivia. It separates it self from a lot of pins. Great game for a sports fan.

#5 7 years ago

Back glass translights always get scratched... There a nos one on eBay right now

#6 7 years ago

I enjoyed mine, I got it to rob parts but in the end decided it was too cool of a game to destroy. It is now in Canada.

#7 7 years ago

I have a NBAFB in good shape in Arizona 2k.

#8 7 years ago

I've got one in Joliet, Il as well for 2000

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I have a NBAFB in good shape in Arizona 2k.

Quoted from Brad76:

I've got one in Joliet, Il as well for 2000

Can you guys send me some pics perhaps??
I'm ready to take a shot on this one Pun intended.

#10 7 years ago

Ive had mine for a few weeks now. Paid $1600. I really like it! A very unique game, which is why I love it. Basketball scoring is cool. Scoring 100 is a pretty good game. My current high is 230 somethong. Also has great sound (DCS) and I really like the call outs. My backglass plastic was scratched also, but I took it apart and buffed it out with novus 2 and that helped a ton! Once you learn which shots to go for it really all comes together! Go for it!

Mike

3 weeks later
#11 7 years ago

Just got my Fastbreak! I paid $1800 but it's in REALLY nice shape and fully led'd already so I was happy to pay a little more than I was planning for it!

I really really like this game. It's different from anything else in my collection that's for sure! Great call outs, shots are satisfying and it's just a really fun game that anyone, no matter how experienced they are with pinball can get into! Simple scoring a def plus on this one plus its great for kids to learn on!

Loving it so far! Thanks for all your input guys!

#12 7 years ago

Love the game, nice change of pace, kids love it.....I play it more than SM or Lotr

#13 7 years ago

I didn't want to post on this thread until after the OP bought one. (I thought he would, since he was interested enough to start the thread and everyone seemed to be posting favorable comments about NBAFB.) I've played it many times over the years and I don't like the game at all and think it looks unattractive to boot. Just goes to show you how one man's junk is another man's treasure.

That said, it would be nice if (for those of you who do like the machine) someone would offer for sale alternate translights of some actual NBA teams. Then someone who loved the Lakers could get a Lakers translight (maybe with Kobe on it) and someone who loved the Bulls could get a Bulls translight. I've seen alternates available for various other games, but like the idea more for NBA Fastbreak (even if I would never want the game).

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That said, it would be nice if (for those of you who do like the machine) someone would offer for sale alternate translights of some actual NBA teams. Then someone who loved the Lakers could get a Lakers translight (maybe with Kobe on it) and someone who loved the Bulls could get a Bulls translight. I've seen alternates available for various other games, but like the idea more for NBA Fastbreak (even if I would never want the game).

Great idea, I'd buy a Pacers translight!

#15 7 years ago

Very underrated game. Go for it!!!

#16 7 years ago

I also recommend it highly. Had one and they are great fun. Young boys will pay it for hours. Grat George Gomez "fan" layout.

#17 7 years ago

This is a game that I think about getting rid of whenever I haven't played it for a while...

And then I play it, and remember why I wanted it. It is a lot of fun.

I do find the left ramp a little clunky and wish it were smoother. A lot of shots go up the ramp quickly, but can't make the aggressive turnaround and comes screaming out back toward the flipper.

The right ramp has the same clunky issues as well.

The left orbit is a pretty smooth and satisfying shot, as is the left ramp when the diverter is out of the way.

The most irritating thing about this pin is that a ball coming out of the pop bumpers near the center ramp has about a 20% chance of a SDTM drain. I need to figure out what to adjust to keep that from happening.

There is a lot of stop and go, which I normally don't like, but I don't seem to mind with this pin. It's a fun flip.

#18 7 years ago

I hate basketball but I love fast break. Good shots unique scoring and awfully cheap for a nice one.

#19 7 years ago

Hate the song...

#20 7 years ago

Just watched a YouTube video, it really does look like a lot of fun. Id love to play one someday, might keep my eyes open for it too.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Hate the song...
» YouTube video

Yup. I'd rather be kicked in the nuts then be forced to play NBAFB. To each his own but play it before you buy one. There is a reason it's the number one most parted out game!!

#22 7 years ago

Don't listen to the naysayers. It's great. Pin non sports nerds might not like it like Wpt. Another great pin

#23 7 years ago

Agree - Love the game, shots and yes even the music! - fun to play against other non-pinheads in particular as they are able to quickly understand the shots and scoring. Great "party pin" - just picked up a HUO one recently as it is my "guilty pleasure"pin! lol

#24 7 years ago

Do it Bennett!

#25 7 years ago

I think it's a fun pin and worth it's value in a medium size collection.

#26 7 years ago

And you are from Utah, the "Stockton to Malone" callouts are classic!

#27 7 years ago

The most irritating thing about this pin is that a ball coming out of the pop bumpers near the center ramp has about a 20% chance of a SDTM drain. I need to figure out what to adjust to keep that from happening.

Another Pinsider recommended putting a small piece of foam where the ball exits the pops....it really works to reduce the SDTMs.

nbafb.JPG

#28 7 years ago

Hmm, will have to try that. I nudge to the right every time the ball dribbles out of the jets to ensure it doesn't drain but I can't do anything about when the ball comes screaming out fast.

Congrats on your purchase. It is a fun game in a decent sized collection and with a clean playfield. I wouldn't want this as my only pin though.

It gets parted out the most because it is the cheapest of the WPC95s IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.95
Electronics
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside