(Topic ID: 350370)

Thinking of adding an MM/MMR - too similar to MBR and CCR?

By GCS2000

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by GCS2000
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

May be working a deal for an MMRLE already have MBRLE and CCRSE.

Are these games going to feel too similar in a 7 game collection? We love MM and have always wanted one and yeah they are still very expensive.

Current lineup is MBRLE, CCRSE, Scooby CE, GZ Premium, STTNG, and LT CE on order (WCS leaves tomorrow and POTCLE is potentially pending)

I feel like none of our games play alike. MBR and CCR have some slight feeling of similarity but different enough that I think they are fine. Scooby, GZ, and STTNG of course play nothing like each other or the other 2 (or MM).

Other considerations have been JP Premium, SW Premium or going cheaper older school NGG or RS if we can find the right deal for POTC.

And yes I know everyone hates these kinds of posts but its important to get feedback from folks that own MM/MMR and MB/MBR and/or CC/CCR in their collections.

Thanks for any advice you care to share.

#2 4 months ago

I think they are different enough. If you were going to tell me AFM then I would say yes. The all have a similar feel but different enough for me that woukd say go for it

#3 4 months ago

It is a fan layout similar to MB but different enough that you'll enjoy it IMO
I consider MB the better game but MM is more difficult so storm the castles and mess up those Trolls!

#4 4 months ago

I have those three, they play completely different. Cc is easy, MB is medium and mm is hard. I’ve beat cc, mb I’ve gotten sorta close to collecting everyone and their instruments and Mm not close. They don’t shoot the same, they don’t have similar rules/modes except shoot 3 times. It’s a nice mix.

#5 4 months ago

Wow your everywhere on pinside these days!

#7 4 months ago

Relatively certain I am moving ahead with the MMRLE deal just have to work out some meet up details etc.

Always wanted this game.

Thanks for your comments.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Relatively certain I am moving ahead with the MMRLE deal just have to work out some meet up details etc.
Always wanted this game.
Thanks for your comments.

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but before you pay a crazy inflated price, are you aware there are plans for more MMR SEs coming from CGC? Those would come with the XL display and interactive GI as well.

#9 4 months ago

SWpre would be a nice fast butt-kicker to offer most variety to your current collection.

I do think there is similarity between the CGC’s. I got rid of my MBr; CCr and AFMr were enough for me…didn’t need three. (Though they sure are nice machines)

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but before you pay a crazy inflated price, are you aware there are plans for more MMR SEs coming from CGC? Those would come with the XL display and interactive GI as well.

I don't trust CGC to follow through on their promises. They were supposed to have done another run of MMR 2 years ago - never happened.

IF they ever do run them the prices will be higher than they were once released. I would want the RE anyway which I am positive will be moved to 12-13k territory. Of course it won't be a Royal it will be something else as CGC stated they will never make Royals again.

CGC isn't even done with CCR and they still have to do PF and they took people's money for that what a year ago and said machines will ship in 2023. If people see PF in 2024 I will be surprised. I love my remakes and they make a damn good machine but they cannot stay true to their schedules or promises and as we all know they don't communicate anything.

#11 4 months ago

Gotcha, i just wanted to make sure you knew. I keep seeing all these threads lately about ppl getting mad that there game just lost 4k in value over night because the evil company made more and didn't run that by them first.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Gotcha, i just wanted to make sure you knew. I keep seeing all these threads lately about ppl getting mad that there game just lost 4k in value over night because the evil company made more and didn't run that by them first.

No worries and appreciate the thought.

Stern is definitely hosing people with their LE remakes (sorry special anniversary editions etc) but that is for a different thread.

Back to MMR talk, lol.

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

No worries and appreciate the thought.
Stern is definitely hosing people with their LE remakes (sorry special anniversary editions etc) but that is for a different thread.
Back to MMR talk, lol.

MM is great, it and afm are the top games from the 90's wms era. Playing CC for the first time had me disappointed because it didn't have the all around feel. CC has good bones but feels like it is lacking a variety. Where MM has many different call outs, fun modes to combine together. If you like Mb and CC, you'll love mm.

BUT my opinion is from a not good player that likes fun games..... and I suck at picking up rules unless I watch a tutorial

#14 4 months ago

Hope you are still enjoying my old Godzilla!

I've had MMr, AFMr, and just finished up a temp trade for MBr. I beat Cactus Canyon on location so not a ton of time but it is by far the easierst.

MMr is the better game and plays differently than the others you mentioned.

Brian Eddy made Attack From Mars, which heavily influence Medieval Madness, which heavily influenced Stranger Things. MMr is still the best game of the three.

MMr is MUCH harder to beat than Monster Bash. The risk/reward shot on hitting the castle gate is much harder. The sound is better, the art... okay the art is not as good. The voice acting is better in MMr. The castle is a S+++ grade toy. What MMr excels it is having a ton of stuff to do in the beginning of the game, and making it so you can achieve any of the objectives but its very difficult to achieve all of them.

MMr has been at or near the top of the pinside 100 forever for a reason. You'll love it!

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Hope you are still enjoying my old Godzilla!
I've had MMr, AFMr, and just finished up a temp trade for MBr. I beat Cactus Canyon on location so not a ton of time but it is by far the easierst.
MMr is the better game and plays differently than the others you mentioned.
Brian Eddy made Attack From Mars, which heavily influence Medieval Madness, which heavily influenced Stranger Things. MMr is still the best game of the three.
MMr is MUCH harder to beat than Monster Bash. The risk/reward shot on hitting the castle gate is much harder. The sound is better, the art... okay the art is not as good. The voice acting is better in MMr. The castle is a S+++ grade toy. What MMr excels it is having a ton of stuff to do in the beginning of the game, and making it so you can achieve any of the objectives but its very difficult to achieve all of them.
MMr has been at or near the top of the pinside 100 forever for a reason. You'll love it!

Do I have your GZ? Mine came from Spiderpin last year was it originally yours?

And yes we love GZ it is my #1 game MM is second.

I love MM and have always wanted one. MBR is never leaving since its the wife's game and she is a big Universal Monster's fan. We had an OG MB for a very long time and sold it to get the remake (and yes I let and OG go for a remake - get over it people).

My only concern was that these 3 remakes would feel too similar in a home collection (we cannot get more than 7 in our home and even that is a massive stretch for the 7th one).

#16 4 months ago

Nope...you don't have my old Godzilla, looking through my notes you just have a similar avatar. They don't play similar at all. What you are asking is the equivalent of "will Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Elvira play too similar since they are all Stern originals?". Completely different games. Don't sweat it and enjoy your new pin. Take out the castle and paint the space between the bricks by hand.

#17 4 months ago

MM, AFM, and MB all have some similarities between them, but MM and MB are the most different of these.

I have an MBr and am on a list to get one of the next run of MMr (if/when that ever happens), and I am not worried about them being too similar.

The only thing that might change my mind, would be if a TZ remake were to happen. That might end up taking the MMr slot instead.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

MM, AFM, and MB all have some similarities between them, but MM and MB are the most different of these.
I have an MBr and am on a list to get one of the next run of MMr (if/when that ever happens), and I am not worried about them being too similar.
The only thing that might change my mind, would be if a TZ remake were to happen. That might end up taking the MMr slot instead.

Thankfully once we have MMR I am honestly not sure what else we could want (as far as games we know are out). Future new releases who knows. Wife has her dream games in MB and Scooby and we are getting another dream game we figured would never happen in LT. I will have my top 3 games in GZ, MMR and STTNG so what more could I want - wait MORE GAMES!! Thank goodness for being out of space, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,650 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

6,945 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-of-adding-an-mm-mmr-too-similar-to-mbr-and-ccr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.