(Topic ID: 71978)

Thinking about trading my IJ or AFM for a AC/DC premium/LE (in SO CAL)

By chrisjens2

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shovelhed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (5).jpeg
#1 10 years ago

I have been wanting to rotate the collection a bit for a while. I have a Williams IJ in very good condition, not collector quality but a very nice player condition and I also have an Attack From Mars in similar condition. Both have recently been shopped, have the full cliffy protector kit installed and the pinbits plastic protectors. Some led lighting to enhance the gameplay, target decals, and the AFM has the Bill Ung kit installed. IJ has yellow powdercoated legs and both have pincab leg protectors. I can take pictures if someone is truly interested, but I'm just sending out feelers right now. I'm willing to trade reasonable value with value of either a premium or Limited Edition. I can come up with cash, or will take cash for the difference in the trade as long as it's reasonable.......... Just checking for interest

#2 10 years ago

I will pm you, this is what I have been looking for. I have a perfect Acdc premium with all kinds of mods in perfect condition

#3 10 years ago

Sounds good. Thanks

#4 10 years ago

Trade the IJ. Keep AFM

#5 10 years ago

I would not trade either..

#6 10 years ago

If money were no object, and I had unlimited space I would keep them all. I just need to freshen up the lineup to renew the love of the game. I thought the IJ would be comparable to a AC/DC premium in value or close enough to offset the difference in cash. AFM I believe to be worth a little more than the IJ......
I tried to talk my wife out of her CFTBL but that's not happening

#7 10 years ago

image (5).jpegimage (5).jpeg

#8 10 years ago

sounds like a fair trade

#10 10 years ago

Yeah.. I wouldn't trade one of those williams/bally classics for this nowadays stern stuff... It just doesn't has that oldschool pinball feeling

Defenitely would keep the indiana jones.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I have a possible trade pending and I will update with the outcome!

#12 10 years ago

IJ and AFM are both great games, but trading one for an AC/DC seems fair to me. Hope it works out!

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Outcome:
I traded my IJ plus cash for a nearly perfect AC/DC premium with a bunch of mods. I won't say how much cash but both of us were happy with the deal and in the end that's what matters. I figured that it would be easier to replace in the future than my AFM would be. I made a new friend in this deal and the entire trading experience was a positive one. I'm sure we will stay in contact and will most likely be trading / buying / selling pins to each other in the future. Thanks

#14 10 years ago

Congrats!! ACDC premium is better than IJ in my opionon. I added a Polk powered sub this weekend that's a must addition!

#15 10 years ago

It was great meeting you bro and totally agree we will stay in contact, I have one of my techs going to send me basic instructions for you on the CV issue.
Harley D.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-trading-my-ij-or-afm-for-a-acdc-premiumle-in-so-cal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.