(Topic ID: 239357)

Thinking about selling my whole classic Stern row

By pinlawyer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04CAE36F-96F0-4DCA-8ED1-F65AEB53B51A (resized).jpeg
    ECBB8365-EA39-4DD5-B4AE-8CBFEDD823D9 (resized).jpeg
    5AA73068-9895-4958-AD36-C13B1FF086F8 (resized).jpeg
    0AFDEDA7-6101-469E-B4C6-40283DC207F4 (resized).jpeg
    041C5E3D-D1D7-4B87-AD79-486FEC02CC93 (resized).jpeg
    6200C783-3ED3-4E02-9131-E6E8984E6926 (resized).jpeg
    E5FEF141-F9E0-478F-BD3B-34BE1718D641 (resized).jpeg
    716D2642-45E7-4112-BEA1-0C8FC53B6A0C (resized).jpeg
    23AB00B9-48F1-447D-AF5D-F94C21332949 (resized).jpeg
    5DEF4B58-0661-416D-A72B-44A8E8376F8F (resized).jpeg
    913D4075-EEAD-412D-870A-09DC8C10F4AA (resized).jpeg
    A3B337E0-F85F-46BF-967F-85132E034F1B (resized).jpeg
    323F091B-CEE3-43FE-825F-1B4F6F5A46CC (resized).jpeg
    2E6015CC-5184-4F23-813D-52D1E9905842 (resized).jpeg
    D1C11D18-046F-419D-98B0-69783608F883 (resized).jpeg
    0BAA370A-B2F1-4329-84F8-4DE68961630B (resized).jpeg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

So hard to get = desireable = big dollars. Got it!

BTW, I know where there is a hard to get 1981 Chevy Citation, I can hook you up for 30k

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I beg to differ.
    Up where they seem to be falling from the sky you might be be swimming in them. But not where I live. My Cat, Dragonfist, were each 1500 miles from home. Even Big Games don’t show up much.

I think he was talking about the pins in the previous post.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I beg to differ.
    Up where they seem to be falling from the sky you might be be swimming in them. But not where I live. My Cat, Dragonfist, were each 1500 miles from home. Even Big Games don’t show up much.

Ya wasnt talking about the OP sterns was talking about the post above mine.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I beg to differ.

Quoted from alexanr1:

Would love the OP (Pinlawyer) to price my collection out:
    - Funhouse
    - RoadShow
    - Wipeout
    - Shadow
    - WhoDunnit
    - TwilightZone
    - Baywatch
    - Haunted House
    - Baby PacMan
    Just curious......

#55 5 years ago

While the conversation is about $$$, I just wanted to share with OP what a stunning and well restored collection!

I can feel your sense of Pride to find, restore, and assemble such a great Group!

One should feel honored to own one of these!

#56 5 years ago

I have no room for pins other than the Alien on its way and the Munsters Prem I already paid for. So where do I put the BK3LE I "must" have and the Wonka I'm going to want?

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I think he was talking about the pins in the previous post.

Quoted from Mitch:

My Homer Simpson moment made for a free bump.

#58 5 years ago

I'd like to see more pictures of the Big Game, please.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

BTW, I know where there is a hard to get 1981 Chevy Citation, I can hook you up for 30k

Makes a good pin hauler. Do you have one in burnt orange?

#60 5 years ago

The BG is not photo-worthy. It's the only one in the row I'd say that about. It works 100% but is in need of restoration. Comes with one of two known NOS PFs in existence.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Can they really now?
    Please tell me all about this pinball Utopia that exists!

The DFW area has had Meteor's for $1100 in extremely nice shape here in the market last 6 months, F2K for $2k. 2 to 3 Seawitchs I could of had for under 2k here between Houston and DFW. I just sold my stunning beautiful , beautiful Big Game for $1800 dollars mint field and glass. (Award winning).

So yea, DF, Catacomb are very hard to find. Could be well over $3500 haven't been looking myself though I have those both restored. My Catacomb is documented HUO. You ask for an opinion and then laugh at it. Well then don't ask. But I will always give my opinion....

I believe CS's are bringing premium cash which I am glad to see since I have 12 or so.

I am just glad you are putting these up for sale and get premium cause now their worth it. Classic Stern's are the best.!!

#62 5 years ago

By the way, Given your level's of game restoration I would be happy to own your games. You take meticulous care of your machines and always restore them to maximum capability. The pictures show it. You spare no expense. Always beautiful examples.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

The BG is not photo-worthy.

EVERY Big Game is photo worthy. Haha.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Mitch was talking about the games on alexanr1 's list, not the classic Sterns.

#65 5 years ago

Bump for great games. I’ve seen them in person and they’re even more beautiful than the pics.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

The BG is not photo-worthy. It's the only one in the row I'd say that about. It works 100% but is in need of restoration. Comes with one of two known NOS PFs in existence.

Those two NOS BG play fields came up not long after I had my play field restored. Timing kept me from buying one of those. I have toyed with the idea of selling my Big Game and buying yours. Restored is nice but there is no comparison to NOS.

#67 5 years ago

I did not read through the whole post. I looked at the pictures, my first instinct is do not sell a single one.

But I can see in the background a spirit.

Beautiful games. I only have one pinball. I would like to have room for more. It will happen.

Best of luck whatever you do.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have to ask: You do not say your Seawitch or Ali have been restored, but those play fields look to be clear coated. How do you make them look so shiny if not clear coated?

#69 5 years ago

Zowie. Awesome games, man.

GLWS

#70 5 years ago

They may have been clearcoated before they arrived in my collection. I believe Phoebe did the restorations about seven years ago.

#71 5 years ago

Everyone is sleeping on how good Nine Ball is and how hard it is to find in a great condition.

#72 5 years ago

keep in mind," lawyer" is in his handle!

#73 5 years ago

do you accept compliments instead of checks?

#74 5 years ago

Those are beautiful machines. Glws

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

keep in mind," lawyer" is in his handle!

Couldn’t resist...

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a liar?
    A: The pronunciation.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a prostitute?
    A: A prostitute will stop screwing you when you're dead.

Lawyers occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Finally, Michael Avenatti, Nuff said.....

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Comes with one of two known NOS PFs in existence.

Eh, you can make that three lol.....

The price point for the desirable games fluctuates rapidly. There’s definitely a market out there for folks who just have to have the latest “hot” games....glwts!

#77 5 years ago

How long do you think it will take to fill all the voided space once the classic Sterns are gone?

#78 5 years ago

Lol. Not long. Already have Alien coming this week, Munsters Prem in about a month, will have Wonka; whatever else comes out.

And Dragonfist is SOLD.

#79 5 years ago

So far, 4 have sold: Dragonfist, Big Game, F2K and Cheetah.

#80 5 years ago

Couple more and you can afford a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket Collector's Edition.

#81 5 years ago

Maybe. Munsters Prem and BK3LE are now paid for.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

How long do you think it will take to fill all the voided space once the classic Sterns are gone?

They cannot be replaced with anything new. The gap is unbearable and hard to image. I would keep a couple. My favorite are Fist, Quicksilver, Stargazer but he rid the Fist out of the palace and now is deep into the 2nd level. The "blood" is spilled.... once Catacomb is gone, the damage is done. Arms and legs can't be replaced. ITS OVER!!!

#83 5 years ago

Seawitch has been sold.

Left: Viper, Catacomb, Meteor, Nine Ball, Ali

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Seawitch has been sold.

That's still an awesome remaining line-up.

P.S. thanks for the advice via Chris. - AJ

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Seawitch has been sold.

I’m surprised you still have your Catacomb. I am also surprised you are even selling it. Catacomb has become my favorite Classic Stern.

#86 5 years ago

Love the robot babe wrestling a viper on Viper's backglass! Now *that's* a backbox!

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m surprised you still have your Catacomb. I am also surprised you are even selling it. Catacomb has become my favorite Classic Stern.

I'm surprised there's still a nice Nine Ball in the U.S. sitting on the market. Sure, it's priced high but it's a better game than Star Gazer.

#88 5 years ago

Sale pending on remaining five pins. Thanks, all!

#89 5 years ago

Congrats on your success!

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from vbittnv:

Me not having the money means my 30k would never leave my hand for that lot. It's not a bulk DEAL! Like I said I would never pay $4k for a non restored meteor. NONE WILL!!! The approx $4k price was from a previous poster averaging the games.. or was it $3750.. Either way, $250 ain't making a difference on getting that game sold.
    I'm not wasting my time. You are correct.. All of these games are worth $5k easy and they are actually all under-priced.
    Any yes, all of his listed games have been sitting over a month means that are all perfectly priced.
    You win cottonm4. Ill check back in 3 months when these games are still for sale in this post at the same asking prices... and it will still mean that are not overpriced because you said so.
    Just for reference and not sure what you are still internet arguing but the OP actually agreed that the games are overpriced. Post 12.
    Have a good night cottonm4 and good luck to the OP to sell these great games.. since you asked for opinions, lower the prices like everybody said( except for cottonm4, he thinks they are fine ). These pins currently are at not gonna sell prices, but wishful thinking prices as snyper2099 mentioned.

Looks like these pins are going to gone fairly quick.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks like these pins are going to gone fairly quick.

Yep! That's the nice thing about tire-kicker bumps: They keep the thread visible to those non-BS buyers! Congrats, OP.

#92 5 years ago

Congrats to the Nine Ball owner.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Sale pending on remaining five pins. Thanks, all!

So goodbye yellow brick road
    Where the dogs of society howl
    You can't plant me in your penthouse
    I'm going back to my plough
    Back to the howling old owl in the woods
    Hunting the horny-back toad
    Oh I've finally decided my future lies
    Beyond the yellow brick road.....

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-selling-my-whole-classic-stern-row/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.