19%

(269 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E6E9C7E-551D-4AC9-A5BD-32947B4DCBFE (resized).jpeg
B19BFB64-A14C-4077-B64D-4C748F95D465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7240.PNG
44A3C7FD-33A9-4E20-982B-AA74318F45A8 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm 46. No other debt. Interest rate is 4.55% monthly interest & principle payment is 3k plus another $600 in escrow items that wouldn't go away. 3k/month would buy back approx 5 games a year. With the tax law change my interest is barely tax deductible because of the $24k per couple standard deduction, which means all 4.55% is basically going down the drain. Paying off a house is one of the most financially stabilizing things a person can do, living basically rent free with the exception of property tax, insurance.

Your interest is good, but still a little high compared to mine; 2.35%. I honestly think I locked in at the absolute bottom in July of 2012. Still, by today's standards you are sitting pretty. Consider your interest rate a loan to yourself, or so my CPA says.

I have 35+ machines. I could sell them and cash out, but then sellers remorse would set in big time, I'm sure.

You have to consider all the time, energy, and emotion you have put into your collection and what that will mean if it's all gone.

Just my two cents, which is worth about, uh, two cents.

Terry.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Man - I am in the wrong thread. I wanted to discuss what eight thousand dollar toy I need to get next. And you guys are talking about selling all your stuff and paying off your mortgage as soon as possible... what the hell guys? Come on

Here's the hat trick; pay off your mortgage while buying pinball machines.

There's no instant gratification there, as it takes years. However, it is possible for many of us.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-selling-my-entire-collection-15-games?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.