Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kruzman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Data East Time Machine and I am thinking about selling it. It currently doesn't work so I don't know how to gauge the selling price. Cabinet is in decent shape with wear on backbox and around leg bolts. Playfield is nice but StarWarp ramp is cracked. New rubbers/Plunger assembly. It turns on and all the lights work but it won't boot up. I have tried to find problem but I cannot figure it out. Before this issue it played well. What is a reasonable price for it?

Here is a link to the thread I posted about the issues with machine.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-my-time-machine

Thanks!

edit: Forgot to post link

#2 9 years ago

Better off having it fixed then selling it. Could be a cheap and easy fix.

#3 9 years ago

$300-$600
It does not work, at this point in time it is a 300lb door stop !

That is max that I and most of my friends would ever pay for a "d" list non working game.

My 2c

Brian

Better yet, pay someone to fix it and sell it for max $$$

#4 9 years ago

Yeah I didn't imagine it would be worth much. I am in the process of moving and thought about trying to sell it versus hanging on to it and trying to fix it after the move.

#5 9 years ago

$800

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the wires in the backbox. If that doesn't work, the try removing and reconnecting the Rom. I am assuming that you have checked all the fuses and the batteries haven't leaked on the CPU.

A lot of pin heads can fix machines that aren't booting, so cutting value in half is only their way of getting a great deal.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

$800
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the wires in the backbox. If that doesn't work, the try removing and reconnecting the Rom. I am assuming that you have checked all the fuses and the batteries haven't leaked on the CPU.
A lot of pin heads can fix machines that aren't booting, so cutting value in half is only their way of getting a great deal.

I have checked and re seated all the wires, tested all fuses, and no battery leaking. I am not good at troubleshooting machines so I am stumped. Thanks for the info and pricing advice.

#7 9 years ago

Yeah, I would do that whole process again. It is really easy to get a connector off by one pin. You might have a problem with a chip or a transistor. Are there any pinsiders nearby that might be able to help?

#8 9 years ago

One guy pretty close offered to come by and check it out. I haven't taken him up on the offer yet because my house is all packed up and I will be in the process of moving for the next 3 weeks. Guess I will hold on to it for now. I love the game still, just wasn't super excited to move another pin in and out of storage if it's not even working.

#9 9 years ago

Join bat city pinball club on Facebook. Those guys are super nice and helpful. Austin has a great pinball scene, if you end up selling those guys would probably scoop up your machine.

#10 9 years ago

I had a hard time selling a nice one for 1000. When I had mine (I have had 3) the ramp was not available, so if it is broken, I would pay 3-500 for the game. just an opinion

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-selling-machine-help-with-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.