IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
original (resized).jpg
20170519_072422 (resized).jpg
IMG_0587 (resized).PNG
IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
IMG_0582 (resized).JPG
IMG_0581 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys, im thinking about buying one or two new pins. Was waiting for SW but dont want to wait anymore.

Wanted to order a Star Trek premium but it seems to be sold out in parts4pinballs in norway. (Our danish supplyer)

So i visited my friend place, we played for hours, he explaned me about the ruleset on the different pins.

Batman66, well the theme is just not me. Game was okey, i liked the toys, but meeeh not a pin i wanna buy.

Then we played Aerosmith, i had no interest until i tryed it, its actually pretty fun pin. Nice music, and toybox. Love the screen, normal dmd games seems old after trying the lcd screen. Upper playfield was borring but rest of the game is actually nice. As i can see Pro model is without the mini pf. Maby AS Pro could be my next pin.
Friend tells me though that AS is a blast in the beginning but not that deep, and i like deep pins. And fast pins.

Tryed walking dead. Dident like it.

Iron man ve feels so old and empty.

Spiderman ve. Love it, but had it for years.

Metallica i love it but had it for years.

Ac dc love the music, but cant get into this pin, have tryed, but no. Beautiful pin.

GAme of thrones, was borring. I love the theme the music, man its nice. My friend loves got, tells me about ruleset but, tryed to like it, but it dident capture me like Aerosmith did.

Then we played Ghostbuster, omg its fast, its a drainer, its not easy, but never in my history on pingames did i have this feeling of >>> ONE more game. OMG GB is just awesome. Goddammit its fun. That left ramp, i looped it 8 times in a row, satisfying as hell. Great pin.

Now before i order a Ghostbusters Premium, i could use some info. Ruleset seems deep. Or am i wrong? Many modes.
Havent tryed the pro model, but with all the gimmic, isint it a nobrainer to choose a premium?? Over a pro on this title?

Now i am reading about playfield issues, cabinet cracks, issues with ghostbusters pin, hate on gb pin.

Does anybody have any knowladge about from what date did stern use better quality playfields? It takes about 2months for my dealer to get shipment from US. I could ask him about manufacturing date writting on the box. This is important for me. Help please.

From when is goggle metal protector included? Also from when slimer switch is fixed/new one installed?

I want to buy it now, but want to enjoy it, not work on it.

Also abybody installed playfield protector on GB. How is the two dropdown targets protected, is it nessery to buy cliffy also

Can someone upload a pic of it from top?

To owners of GB, is the pin still fun after some time?

Thank you for your time.

IMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0581 (resized).JPG

IMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPG

IMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPG

IMG_0587 (resized).PNGIMG_0587 (resized).PNG

#31 6 years ago

Thanks, but still could bee nice to buy a nib and enjoy it, rather then tweat/adjust/imstall cliffyes and so on.

I have found a nib stern stratrek pro for 5000euro in germany. Thinking about that one too. I never watched old star trek but all 3 new movies are awesome. I have played star trek LE at my friends place, and i loves it. Can't figure are if the gameplay sucks on the pro without all the blong/cool light show ans so on.

Any st pro owners that regret not gettin a premium model??

Any news on star wars??

Quoted from NimblePin:

I forgot to mention...
Another satisfied GBP owner here.
As long as your vendor of choice gets you one made after mid-October you should be good to go DEN.
(I hear the latest run has the flippers FINALLY set correctly...)
Plus you have myself, Neo, and many others here that can walk you through what needs to be done to make GB a more enjoyable experience without the need of POTC sized sneeze-guard plastics.

#32 6 years ago

And sorry, just updated my current collection.
Fathom. Totan. CV. Bsd it sold.
Hope you now understand my urge for two nib games

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have a Pro. Not a huge difference between the models except for cosmetics.
- Premium/LE has real kickback on left lane, Pro has virtual kickback.
- premium/LE has a VUK to the habitrails from the left mode start Hole, pro just kicks the ball out.
Can't think of any other differences in playing the machine.
rd

Whooow this is great news. So it seems like gameplay is more or less the same?

Can see left ramp is plastic on pro, but it the enstrece/ramp shots/layouts the same?

Is there missing dropdown targets like on acdc?

I would love to get a nib premium but its just sold out.

If gameplay is allmost the same, then one of me new games will be star trek. I know its an older title, why not for same money buy an Aerosmith with display but, Star Trek just appeals me.

I love SR designs, my favorite is high speed 2.

My top 3 most played games are.

Congo, mannn i love collecting diamonds, mini pf. Ramp shots.

TZ. Deep ruleset. Alot of toys. One of the best games i have ever owned.

High Speed 2. Turn off your brain and shoot for red line mania, while rocking it to ZZ Top.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Nope, exact opposite. I have a STLE that I think I'm going to trade or sell and get the ST Pro. The extra cost of premium/LE is not worth it as far as game play. I'd rather have the extra money from a premium/LE and get another pin with it. I think I enjoy playing the pro a little better honestly.

Well this is great news. I am talking with the company about sw pro.
I have read few pages of the thread called ghostbusters issues, as today its over 3000posts, to be honest, it just makes me NOT to choose that pin at all. I love the theme but it seems like to much headache.
Think ill go with Aerosmith and Star Trek bith pro models.

I got great news about Star Wars also will be revealed juli.

#56 6 years ago

Faaaakkkk played Aerosmith and GB LE again today. Love both pins.
Bling is juuuust bling on as le. Is pro lighting same?

IMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPG

#60 6 years ago

Had a great day with my friend today.

All this posetive talk about acdc made me wanna play it. Had a few playes.

Damn that Lucy is one hard bitch to play, drains like sttng. Don't understand rules about how to shoot at shots to complete the songs. All of a sudden some song just light up at jukebox. Few ramp shot starts multiball. No ball lock. Wierd ruleset. But but but actually the more i play acdc, the more i like it

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#64 6 years ago

Okey. After more playes and reading reviews/watching you tube videoes.

AErosmith. Everybody says they like it, but its alittle empty and maby a one trick pony in time.

GB. Too many problems. Tweaks. Drains. I personally love the theme but gameplay looks frustrading.

Twd. Best theme. But cant have that. My 6year old son and i play alot of MM together, he is not ready for dombies in our gameroom.

Acdc. No.

Met. No. Played i tooooo much. Still like it. But no.

Seems like i should order the last star trek pro in nib in europe. Anyone know when they went out of production at stern?
Thinking about old stock or newer build in 2016 maky with cabinet crack problems?? Has anyone experienced it on newer st pro?

Is cliffyprotectors a good idea from day one on all those plastic ramps??

Ohhhh in the meantime. Thank you guys for all your info and i bought a Star Wars LE also.

#66 6 years ago

Hmmmm does anyone know who that is? A link maby?

#68 6 years ago

Twd is a nogo. Also i played it first month of release. LE model and did not like it. Also i have a 6 year old kid at home.
But i see how much love it gets. Its nice.

Im cant get that nib.

Yeah gb looks great. But dont like short ball times at all.

I think ill go with the olllld star trek. Will be buying soon

#71 6 years ago

Thanks for the link. Im actually gonna buy the pin from freddy also. Hope its just on his webshop to buy, protectors

Ps: still thinking about gettin da GB. Maby a premium. Damn too many choises

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-buying-2-nib-stern-pins?tu=DEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.