IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
original (resized).jpg
20170519_072422 (resized).jpg
IMG_0587 (resized).PNG
IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
IMG_0582 (resized).JPG
IMG_0581 (resized).JPG
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Well this is great news. I am talking with the company about sw pro.
I have read few pages of the thread called ghostbusters issues, as today its over 3000posts, to be honest, it just makes me NOT to choose that pin at all. I love the theme but it seems like to much headache.
Think ill go with Aerosmith and Star Trek bith pro models.
I got great news about Star Wars also will be revealed juli.

I have a Gb premium I bought a few weeks ago and have no complaints about it, I think if you were to get one with a later build day you'd be fine

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I have a Gb premium I bought a few weeks ago and have no complaints about it, I think if you were to get one with a later build day you'd be fine

Good to hear! Same here, received my NIB GB Premium last week. No issues, game plays great.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Nope, exact opposite. I have a STLE that I think I'm going to trade or sell and get the ST Pro. The extra cost of premium/LE is not worth it as far as game play. I'd rather have the extra money from a premium/LE and get another pin with it

I'd concur ... LE looks better, 100%. But not worth the $$$ thousands more bucks for 98% the same game.

I'd say the same for Metallica, even though I own the LE. If I was buying one today, I would buy the pro and save the bucks.

rd

#54 6 years ago

I like the new Kiss machine. The problem with many new Sterns is the ball stops. Ac/Dc is great but too many ball stops close to the flippers. You can't really get the ball speed up with so much on the play field. Kiss is a mixture of the old school play fields and the new because they put many elements of the original Kiss machine on it. Good Stuff.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

GB premium, Love the game, figured it would be my favorite for a long. Got Aerosmith Pro, and love that game more then GB.
Most of my friends that come over like Metallica more then GB, but they all like Aerosmith more then Met or GB.

I agree with your friends.

Aerosmith is the best game I've played in a long time by a very wide margin.

#56 6 years ago

Faaaakkkk played Aerosmith and GB LE again today. Love both pins.
Bling is juuuust bling on as le. Is pro lighting same?

IMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPG

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Faaaakkkk played Aerosmith and GB LE again today. Love both pins.
Bling is juuuust bling on as le. Is pro lighting same?

Pro doesn't have the color changing GI.

#58 6 years ago

I sure like the look of as premium upper playfield, but is it worth it? Besides gi lights, and upper playfield, what's different on the pro?

#59 6 years ago

Of the ones you've listed..

ST Premium > AC/DC > Met > IM > Tron .............. > GB

But hey buy what feels good to play, right?

#60 6 years ago

Had a great day with my friend today.

All this posetive talk about acdc made me wanna play it. Had a few playes.

Damn that Lucy is one hard bitch to play, drains like sttng. Don't understand rules about how to shoot at shots to complete the songs. All of a sudden some song just light up at jukebox. Few ramp shot starts multiball. No ball lock. Wierd ruleset. But but but actually the more i play acdc, the more i like it

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

on't understand rules about how to shoot at shots to complete the songs. All of a sudden some song just light up at jukebox.

Each shot represents a song, and will light it up on the jukebox. For example, the bell will light up Hells Bells, the left ramp Rock n Roll Train, the TNT targets TNT, etc. Light up 8 songs on the jukebox and you can pick a new song.

#62 6 years ago

No need to join the "Stern Army", drink the marketing Kool Aid, and spend funds on their new games that continue to have increasing questionable construction quality in comparison to their real values.

If you want these titles buy them used, save money, be able to inspect the games personally, and purchase more titles with the pricing offset.

A direct aspect that many overlook is if an individual plays many modern Stern titles repeatedly, they come to the realization many of Stern's games feel the same based on design and gameplay including recycled features. This includes the "toys". A point owners don't want to admit.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

No need to join the "Stern Army", drink the marketing Kool Aid, and spend funds on their new games that continue to have increasing questionable construction quality in comparison to their real values.
If you want these titles buy them used, save money, be able to inspect the games personally, and purchase more titles with the pricing offset.
A direct aspect that many overlook is if an individual plays many modern Stern titles repeatedly, they come to the realization many of Stern's games feel the same based on design and gameplay including recycled features. This includes the "toys". A point owners don't want to admit.

I play my four Sterns almost every day and they definitely do not feel the same and I love playing them over and over. They are pretty awesome in my opinion.

1 week later
#64 6 years ago

Okey. After more playes and reading reviews/watching you tube videoes.

AErosmith. Everybody says they like it, but its alittle empty and maby a one trick pony in time.

GB. Too many problems. Tweaks. Drains. I personally love the theme but gameplay looks frustrading.

Twd. Best theme. But cant have that. My 6year old son and i play alot of MM together, he is not ready for dombies in our gameroom.

Acdc. No.

Met. No. Played i tooooo much. Still like it. But no.

Seems like i should order the last star trek pro in nib in europe. Anyone know when they went out of production at stern?
Thinking about old stock or newer build in 2016 maky with cabinet crack problems?? Has anyone experienced it on newer st pro?

Is cliffyprotectors a good idea from day one on all those plastic ramps??

Ohhhh in the meantime. Thank you guys for all your info and i bought a Star Wars LE also.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Anyone know when they went out of production at stern?

I think the last run of star trek was late last year. Or maybe earlier this year.

Quoted from DEN:

Is cliffyprotectors a good idea from day one on all those plastic ramps??

I don't think cliffy is making ramp protectors. Yes; he makes a kit for stern ST... but no ramp protectors.
I say this because I have a partial set of cliffy ramp protectors on my STLE that I helped him test... and he pretty much said he was done with that game. I think it was probably wise because someone in Europe makes a ramp protector kit - I think.

#66 6 years ago

Hmmmm does anyone know who that is? A link maby?

#67 6 years ago

I would reconsider the walking dead. I like the game.

Not a huge fan of the theme, meaning I don't want this game based on looks alone. I think it is unique. And the code is polished.

I have been a zombie fan for my whole life. So I would reconsider the walking dead.

Then there is iron man. I need more time on that game. I might select that as my number two.

Ghostbusters. I like too. Aerosmith is an impressive product.

So many choices though! Good times!

#68 6 years ago

Twd is a nogo. Also i played it first month of release. LE model and did not like it. Also i have a 6 year old kid at home.
But i see how much love it gets. Its nice.

Im cant get that nib.

Yeah gb looks great. But dont like short ball times at all.

I think ill go with the olllld star trek. Will be buying soon

#69 6 years ago

OP, the Star Trek license expired ~December 2016, so the last few made were made then.

#71 6 years ago

Thanks for the link. Im actually gonna buy the pin from freddy also. Hope its just on his webshop to buy, protectors

Ps: still thinking about gettin da GB. Maby a premium. Damn too many choises

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-buying-2-nib-stern-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.