(Topic ID: 16268)

Thinking about ACDC Premium - thoughts over other pins...

By marksf123

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by marksf123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0426122138a.jpg
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Ok - I am looking to bring in a couple of pins - I was thinking about the following:

TOTAN or TAF with CFTBL (I will get 2 pins but one has to be the CFTBL)
or spiderman (which I can not find or have a hard time paying up....)

I was also thinking about WOZ but cant get over the theme.

I originally had the same thought about the ACDC as I dont mind their music but didnt think like it as much as GNR or other bands (I guess a Tom Petty pin does not sound fun....). I started to watch some of the you tubes of the BIBLE and though that pin looks pretty cool. The ACDC music even sounded good - I guess I like their music more than I thought.

I really liked the bell and cannon plus I thought the little music/mode selector was neat. I was not sure about the under playfield with just wailing around and hitting the ball around a loop but I guess I still liked the features over the pro....

What do folks think about this game compared to spiderman or my other choices.

My other games are MB, AFM EBD (owned TZ and WH20)

Thanks.....

#2 11 years ago

I have ACDC LE. Great game and I'm glad I bought it. Lots of really cool things and I love the SR design.

However, WOZ is going to blow it's doors off. JJP is about to totally reset the bar and if I could choose any pin you listed, WOZ would be the easy choice.

#3 11 years ago

I can't get into the AC/DC pin yet. Looks and sounds good, but doesn't seem like a ton of fun for me. Only played about 20 games so far, so maybe I'll change my mind as I play more.

#4 11 years ago

I am currently on break from getting the PRO a few hours ago.
Played BIBLE at Docscotts,and settled for the PRO.I am stoked with the purchase so far!(can't believe I just said stoked),anyway,this thing is FAST and FUN!

#5 11 years ago

ill be over in about an hour hopefully. We will get the shaker in! I also played the bible at docscotts and it was a blast!!! The AC/DC pin sounds great and flows great!

#6 11 years ago

y'all both need to give us a little review of the pro after shaker install, should be real interesting to have your comparison

#7 11 years ago

Either of the 2 over ACDC. I've played it quite a bit and I'm really not impressed. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but against 2 of those caliber...not even close to me.

I know Creature gets a lot of bashing these days, but I'd rather have just that than ACDC...not for the same price of course but playability for sure.

TOTAn and Creature...wow....slam dunk

#8 11 years ago

I too cant get over the WOZ theme. Love everything else about it.

ACDC is great bang for buck. Go play one first. Make sure its set up right and turn it up. Backhand the ramps, dont miss the cannon shots and once MB starts hit the bell for double points.

Writing this makes me want to play! Bye

2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg

#9 11 years ago

I am sort of in the same position. I have been longing for a LOTR or Spider-Man. They seem really hard to come by right now.

I have been looking at Tron Pros. I played a lot of Tron and AC/DC over the weekend. I didn't think I could get over AC/DC theme. I loved the speed and play of the game, and now I think I could go for it. I like the music. I decided if I went for AC/DC I would need the premium. I can't speak for the depth of either game.

I told my friend, I could get a NEW Tron, and an old T2 for the price of 1 AC/DC Premium. Now with rumored X-men I am playing wait and see. I love the comic book stuff. I really just need more $$$$.

Would Love a WOZ, but I can't get over the theme. Sign me up for the Hobbit in 2013.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I am sort of in the same position. I have been longing for a LOTR or Spider-Man. They seem really hard to come by right now.
I have been looking at Tron Pros. I played a lot of Tron and AC/DC over the weekend. I didn't think I could get over AC/DC theme. I loved the speed and play of the game, and now I think I could go for it. I like the music. I decided if I went for AC/DC I would need the premium. I can't speak for the depth of either game.
I told my friend, I could get a NEW Tron, and an old T2 for the price of 1 AC/DC Premium. Now with rumored X-men I am playing wait and see. I love the comic book stuff. I really just need more $$$$.
Would Love a WOZ, but I can't get over the theme. Sign me up for the Hobbit in 2013.

I was BORN in Alexandria hospital,and the AC/DC rocks!

#11 11 years ago

Tell me about the shaker!!!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

However, WOZ is going to blow it's doors off.

That my friend is a real tall order .. I will believe it, when I see it .

Jim

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

I was BORN in Alexandria hospital,and the AC/DC rocks!

Nice! AC/DC really does Rock. Before I played it it was Tron Tron Tron, after I played it I was chanting A-Seee D-Seeee!

#14 11 years ago

I had HUO LOTR and once ACDC showed up LOTR never got played. So I traded it out for a Tron Pro. Tron is fast tough pin. Now I go back and forth. 2 flippers then 3.

Whats it going to be???? I bet ACDC.

#15 11 years ago

Color changing LEDs

#16 11 years ago

AC/DC Prem Is Bad A$$ But I have a horse in this race.. No way at this time to know how great WOZ will be, until we see the software I can't say yes or no to that but it does look like a cool game.. but if you ordered on to day.. it would be what October at the earliest before you saw it?

Finding a good sample of your other pins listed is going to be expensive and could take time to find one at a good price.

AC/DC Prem is a great bang for your buck, selling for way less then the LE's at this point too. It will have a different feel then the rest of your collection and make a nice addition. Add a shaker motor and ROCK!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What do folks think about this game compared to spiderman or my other choices.

Having said that AC/DC is great, I would go for Spider-Man if it came down to it.
It's a great fast game. I like the theme more. Its software is complete.

TAF and TOTAN are different animals. It's still a 2 pins vs 1 pin battle. If I went for your 2 pin option, I would personally pick TAF + CFTBL.

Either way they are all great games and you can't lose. Good Luck!!!

#18 11 years ago

Played the BIBLE also at "docscotts' party last saturday, and played the pro at grh450's house. I liked both machines, great sound, typical SR flow which I like in pinball. You cant go wrong on either the L.E., or the Pro. SOLID machine!!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

I am currently on break from getting the PRO a few hours ago.
Played BIBLE at Docscotts,and settled for the PRO.I am stoked with the purchase so far!(can't believe I just said stoked),anyway,this thing is FAST and FUN!

How's the shaker? I can't wait to play when the shaker is installed! Fun solid machine!

#20 11 years ago

I might be leaning towards the TOTAN and CFTBL but if that falls through I am liking the ACDC premium.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I might be leaning towards the TOTAN and CFTBL but if that falls through I am liking the ACDC premium.

I don't know you, and other people have many diff'rent ideas, but if that was on the table for me i would drive 500 miles to get it. Even if ACDC is a good machine, you've got 2 good machine waiting. Really it's a no brainer.

#22 11 years ago

Get the ac/dc. The old games are OLD !

Jim

#23 11 years ago

"New" games don't hold a candle to the "old" ones. You have "old" games already...for a reason.
ACDC looks GREAT! Feels like crap.

#24 11 years ago

I have old games because nothing until now has interested me.

AC/DC does not feel like crap. One of the best games I have played and I have been around some very nice games .

Jim

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Tell me about the shaker!!!

shaker is pretty cool....a great addition!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"New" games don't hold a candle to the "old" ones. You have "old" games already...for a reason.

All I know is that it's as solid as any Williams pin, the feel of it, and how it plays. Well built Stern machine!

#27 11 years ago

I can't believe someone does not like the AC/DC....FUN check,FAST check...can it be mean..check
OH YEAH...the MUSIC!!!!!!!cheeeeeeck

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kinda Odd, Was in a room with 15 Other A list games and the Star of the Show was AC/DC BIBLE.. Guess the 25 Pinheads in the room didn't Agree.. But Jim Also had to wipe the drool off Scott's SUPER HE Restored AFM Black!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

rommy said:Tell me about the shaker!!!

i'am having withdraws......shaker motor.....must play again.

#30 11 years ago

Hahah Jeff.. I know a Guy who can Sell you your own! =)

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

However, WOZ is going to blow it's doors off.

Oh yeah, well Stern's next game X-men will give an Optic Blast to the tin man, making Dorthy so scared she'll be screaming "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home'.

Just kidding- just trying to show it is impossible comparing games to other games that have not come out yet. Kind of like reviewing a movie based on a preview trailer.

#32 11 years ago

I said in past threads/arguements. Acdc is a new animal. Its totally unique. In one day, I played mm afm im tron le and then acdc. It compliments a good collection. It doesnt fight against them.

You forgot bright led display. Check.

Do you have pics of docs bible?

#33 11 years ago

If you can find a TOTAN in good shape you need to purchase it.If you are going to be a collector of the BEST pinballs ever made then get one !! You must also as a collector own a CFTBL. It is Fantastic. Both Machines are very cool with LED's. I think you are leanimg in the right direction with TOTAN & CREATURE !!That being said. I talked with Ronny Lopp at STERN . He told me there will be a long run on AC/DC. I want one as well but I just purchased a NIB "The LORD of THE RINGS" from 'THE GAME EXCHANGE of COLORADO".So my well has run dry. But in late 2012 or early 2013 I will be looking at an AC/DC L.E. Good luck in you search. Post script: The GAME EXCHANGE of COLORADO had a LEDed "THE LORD of the RINGS" for sale when I picked up my NIB LOTR L.E. 4/24/2012. LOTR would be an excellent choice as well. They can be reached at 1-303-288-6500 .Ask for JJ. Peace ,Love ,Groovy!! 0426122138a.jpg0426122138a.jpg

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I said in past threads/arguements. Acdc is a new animal. Its totally unique. In one day, I played mm afm im TRON LE and then acdc. It compliments a good collection. It doesnt fight against them.

I think I posted a few under his party Thread.. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twas-the-night-before-the-pinball-party-and-all-through-the-house

I couldnt Agree more.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

If you can find a TOTAN in good shape you need to purchase it.If you are going to be a collector of the BEST pinballs ever made then get one !! You must also as a collector own a CFTBL. It is Fantastic. Both Machines are very cool with LED's. I think you are leanimg in the right direction with TOTAN & CREATURE !!That being said. I talked with Ronny Lopp at STERN . He told me there will be a long run on AC/DC. I want one as well but I just purchased a NIB "The Lord of the Rings" from 'THE GAME EXCHANGE of COLORADO".So my well has run dry. But in late 2012 or early 2013 I will be looking at an AC/DC L.E. Good luck in you search. Post script: The GAME EXCHANGE of COLORADO had a LEDed "THE Lord of the Rings" for sale when I picked up my NIB LOTR L.E. 4/24/2012. LOTR would be an excellent choice as well. They can be reached at 1-303-288-6500 .Ask for JJ. Peace ,Love ,Groovy!!

Attachments 0426122138a.jpg (293.9 KB, 0 downloads)

Lol Thx for the plug.. Just an FYI Robb Doubt there will be any AC/DC LE's left as I have one left with 2 people interested. But Premium should still be, and its the same playing pinball, just minus Shaker, and Looks of a LE.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Kinda Odd, Was in a room with 15 Other A list games and the Star of the Show was AC/DC BIBLE.. Guess the 25 Pinheads in the room didn't Agree.. But Jim Also had to wipe the drool off Scott's SUPER HE Restored AFM Black!

Yep...and i was at my club with tons of "A listers"& ACDC for a week and everyone went to play it over other A list game....and then went to play whatever game was available...b...c...whatever. Again...I don't care, it's up to you. i don't have a horse in this race.. I could say *maybe* they were playing it becaues um, maybe, it was new and they never played it? But what do I know?

#37 11 years ago

TOTAN and CFTBL??? Go for it!!!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gexchange said:

Yep...and i was at my club with tons of "A listers"& ACDC for a week and everyone went to play it over other A list game....and then went to play whatever game was available...b...c...whatever. Again...I don't care, it's up to you. i don't have a horse in this race.. I could say *maybe* they were playing it becaues um, maybe, it was new and they never played it? But what do I know?

Was it a pro, Prem Or LE? Just wondering..

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

grh450 said:rommy said:Tell me about the shaker!!!
i'am having withdraws......shaker motor.....must play again.

LOL....you can come by and see "the pusher" tomorrow

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I said in past threads/arguements. Acdc is a new animal. Its totally unique. In one day, I played mm afm im TRON LE and then acdc. It compliments a good collection. It doesnt fight against them.

as a matter of fact,I do have a couple of blinding pics

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

grh450 said:I was BORN in Alexandria hospital,and the AC/DC rocks!
Nice! AC/DC really does Rock. Before I played it it was Tron Tron Tron, after I played it I was chanting A-Seee D-Seeee!

you and me both....except I can't get TNT out of my brain and I'm just an average AC/DC fan.

The premium is just an amazing machine with lighting unlike any I've ever seen. The music is pumping hard and is such a big part of the game that you don't care if it repeats. Certainly better than most pinball theme music.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Lol Thx for the plug.. Just an FYI Robb Doubt there will be any AC/DC LE's left as I have one left with 2 people interested.

YA ME! Cause I am getting impatient and would consider paying more for an LE if I could get it sooner than the premium.

#43 11 years ago

I will let you know if the deal happens for the TOTAN and CFTBL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-acdc-premium-thoughts-over-other-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.