(Topic ID: 128804)

Thinking about a Traverse. Any thoughts?

By BigB

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EchoVictor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

traverse_front.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EchoVictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

BigB,

I am an engineer for GM, and work with these vehicles often, so ask away.

As Robotron said, yes, the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, and Saturn Outlook are all based on the "Lambda" crossover chassis. In terms of structure and chassis, they are virtually identical underneath the skin. Since you own a GMC, you're already familiar with the great amount of space and flexibilty the platform provides. The only real difference apart from styling comes in the Buick version. The Enclave has a bit more sound-proofing to lower interior noise. Other than that, all four are pretty much the same ride.

For 2013 MY, there were a few minor changes to the electrical architecture, which resulted in a few nicer features such as Bluetooth connectivity and nicer HVAC controls across the 3 remaining models.

As pin haulers, you'll notice slight differences. The Saturn (no longer produced) and your GMC have a straighter rear roofline, whereas the Buick and the Chevy dip down a little. What this means is that while all 4 will fit a modern DMD pin quite easily, only the GMC and the Saturn will fit a Stern NIB. I loaded my XMen NIB into my Outlook, and only had a half inch to spare to the headliner.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions.

Thanks,
    EV

P.S. To address the other poster....while I had no part in the decision, I am very thankful to every US taxpayer that I still have a job that allows me to take care of my family.

P.P.S. These views are my own and not necessarily those of GM, yada, yada, legal disclaimer, etc...

1 year later
    #14 7 years ago

Twisty,

2017 Traverse is still on the Lambda chassis, and as such has the characteristics I mentioned above.

2018 model is on the new C1xx chassis. And yes, it should fit an NIB Stern. Floor to headliner at the rear hatch measures 32.5 inches.

Thanks,
    EV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EchoVictor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-a-traverse-any-thoughts?tu=EchoVictor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.