(Topic ID: 50986)

Thinking about a new purchase... Help :)

By Magicmike0

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Magicmike0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's your vote?”

• The Getaway High Speed 2 38 votes
    43%
  • Judge Dredd 29 votes
    33%
  • Stargate 21 votes
    24%
  • Phantom of the Opera 1 vote
    1%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicmike0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, I haven't played a lot of pins but I been looking at a few lately. In your opinion, which do U feel would be the best purchase ? I own F-14 and Swords of fury and am looking for something a little bit newer ish... Eyes have been on
-the getaway hs2 (everyone seems to love this, I never played it)
-judge dredd (not sure about this one but it ranks high and sells fair)
-stargate (looks dang cool haha)
-phantom of the opera (about got myself talked out of this one)
all of these pins I have seen pretty affordable as of late and think I could possibly afford one.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I deleted your dupe thread. Good luck with your poll.

How do I add the pole option? I tried just scrolling down and listing each pin under the different options and then hit upload but it didn't show up.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Your poll is there. Stargate!!

Oh ... Duh I see it now. Thanks for the votes. Keep em coming folks

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

My unbiased opinion is that you should buy a nice Judge Dredd.

Is yours nice... Haha. I got to be honest. Judge looks kinda cool but I don't see what draws people to it. I know nothing about it obviously that's why I got a poll going. What's the hook? Flow? Looks pretty plain, but it has to be ranked high for a reason. It did grab my attention for some reason but after watching vids of it I can't tell a whole lot about it. Your not tooooo far from me I don't think.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't get these sort of threads. You should buy pins YOU enjoy. Everybody likes different things. You should find a way to play the ones you're considering and decide based on that.
Best of luck.

not many arcades around here. The only ones around ate bars and I don't go there. I do go to one pizza place/bar and they have LOTR, TAF, POTC, and they had BR.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What did you think of those games?
What's price limit?
...., but you have a Ritchie game in F-14.
If I were you I'd look for a Lawlor designed game.

I have seen these games lately for 2k and under. I was trying to stay around 15-1800.00

#15 10 years ago

Oh forgot to mention f-14 is great but if I had HS2 I'd prob sell it.

#17 10 years ago

I haven't watched the first video on that, ill do that now.

#18 10 years ago

Do you guys think 1900.00 I too high for high speed 2 ? It's supposed to be in good shape and working 100%

#24 10 years ago

I think its mainly between stargate and HS2. They both grabbed my attention from YouTube videos. Stargate looks very different and HS2 seems just classic fun. Plus my dad would love it.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys. If y'all want to mention any other game feel free. I was trying to keep it under 2k for a good 90's DMD. Like I said though really hasn't played as much pin as most of you guys. The ones I mentioned were just a good start for me and kinda grabbed my attention as looking fun.

1 week later
#29 10 years ago

I had swords sold yesterday but my daughter started crying and I felt bad. I really Didn't want to sell it In the first place because it's my first pin and just seeing her playing it is worth keeping it.
I got a lead on a couple of games right now, demolition man and T2. We'll see how it goes in the next week or so.

#32 10 years ago

That's kinda how I'm feeling, but this being said by someone who hasn't played any of them. Haha. Yeah my lil girl is 6 and she really does play the crap out of swords. She walks around the house and if she here's that music crank on she comes running... Especially if she knows multiball is coming.haha lil stinker. Maybe if I get something else she likes one day I will sell it, but until then I guess it's here to stay.

Quoted from oropuro:Demo man, then T2, then HS2...you just made it tuff, but all great games.

#33 10 years ago

Now I'm wondering if I can edit the poll up there. I've changed my mind a million times since I started this thread haha. I need to add DM and T2 in the mix and rule POTO out.

#38 10 years ago

I know its a right race between those 2 but every offer that was good from my end and the seller got sold out from under me on both of those so far :/
I wish I knew how to add T2 and DM to the poll and take phantom off. I'm a moron when it comes to editing these posts.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I know its a right race between those 2

Tight race not right...

#41 10 years ago

I love pinball arcade on my iphone! Haha. I actually bought a game on The 3ds and Xbox last week and both games(PHOF Williams) had whirlwind on it. That game calls out To me haha. I love the deep sound of the voice that says "WHIRLWIND" when you get multiball. And the guys voice cracks me up when it says "well, looky here". Those tornado spinners are neat along with the fan topper that blows in your face. I'd love to at least play that game. I'm ready to buy it just from playing the video game.
I do appreciate everybody's opinions but Unfortunately this poll Has had some influence, yet lately I have been focusing on one game. Demolition Man! If a nice whirlwind popped up I would probably jump on it first just because I want to play it so bad in real life And have also seen some really nice examples of the game on YouTube, especially shanetastic's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.50
$ 20.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Magicmike0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thinking-about-a-new-purchase-help?tu=Magicmike0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.