(Topic ID: 172744)

Thinkin about adding shakers to Road kings and pinbot?

By Milltown

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Milltown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm considering adding shakers to pinbot and road kings.. what would be the best way about this ? I know there isn't kits made for these but I think it would be cool additions ? Has anyone done this ?or on any mid 80s williams ? What kit did you use or would you use ? I'm not 100 percent on this yet but I'm considering ..

#2 3 years ago

It would not be hard to add power for a shaker motor to any of these games, but what were you going to trigger it on?

#3 3 years ago

Unsure ... just something I've been considering the past few days .. and we're to trigger ect .. when both eyes locked maybe ?up around back ramp on pinbot..
When both balls locked on road Kings ?
Unsure ...

#4 3 years ago

If not a somewhat easy installation I will probably bail out on the idea .. haha ..
When I get the urge to purchase more machines I try to tweek the ones I have .. lol
I'm running out of room.

#5 3 years ago

If there are any flashers in the game, you could tie the shaker to those.

#6 3 years ago

There are,flashers on both...

#7 3 years ago

You could trip them on a flasher, but that is just a pulse, it won't work very well. You would need some additional circuitry, such as a latch or timer, to hold the shaker motor on. It's not really a quick drop in kind of addition to put a shaker motor on a game not designed for it, if you want s specific game experience.
I wanted to put one in RFM, but I wanted only for explosion sequences on the video, unfortunately there is no good way to fire a shaker from the video sequences in RFM

#8 3 years ago

On pinbot I'd put he shaker on the pop bumpers and when the visor raised and lowered. Thanks about it.

#9 3 years ago

Hmmm .. all great ideas ... what kit or Motor would anyone recomend... the pop bumpers and visor are great ideas ..

#10 3 years ago

Pinbits sells the shaker kit really easy to install

#11 3 years ago

Thank you..

#12 3 years ago

I added a shaker to my Dr. Who. Here is the post that may give you an idea of what is involved.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-a-stern-shaker-motor-in-a-williams-bally-game-dr-who

Also check out the T.I.L.T. mods interface board. It was not available when I did my mod but I now have 5 of them in my tool box for future mods and extras.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-mods-deluxe-bring-your-mods-to-life

#13 3 years ago

Wow.. this helps thank you...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waxahachie, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside