(Topic ID: 7326)

Think I've finnaly landed my first pin. Incredible Hulk (Restoration in progress

By Whridlsoncestood

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010861(1).JPG
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1608.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg
IMG_1445.jpg
IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1436.jpg
IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 12 years ago

Hulk has strange toes!

#202 12 years ago

Hmmmm!

Ted_&_Lou_F.jpgTed_&_Lou_F.jpg

#203 12 years ago

Wow, you are doing an amazing job!!! That PF looks near new. High five and congrats.

BTW, I wonder if you can do a thread (sticky?) with just some pics, the steps you took, and the products you used. Just a thought, might be...rather would be very helpful information.

Again, Bravo Zulu!

#204 12 years ago

I will Deffinetly re write up a story on this when I am all said and done and clean it all up. Nice picture spfxted!

#205 12 years ago

Thanks! If you're a Hulk fan (and who isin't) I thought you might like it.
Looking forward to you getting the machine back together...

#207 12 years ago

Wow - very impressive indeed!!

#208 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

As am I. Still haven't played it yet!

You will and it will be like that new car feeling and smell

How did the clear coat dry for the inserts go?

#209 12 years ago

Still a little soft when I got home yesterday. Let them sit another day and I will sand them down nice and even this weekend and get a few final coats of clear on the whole playfield.

Started to polish up some of the metal parts last night. Will get pictures of that stuff up tonight.

#210 12 years ago

Lots of down time with all this drying. Put a couple more coats of clear on tonight after filing down the inserts. Started some polishing in the meantime.

IMG_1342.jpgIMG_1342.jpg IMG_1343.jpgIMG_1343.jpg IMG_1344.jpgIMG_1344.jpg

#211 12 years ago

Couldn't leave all that beer and soda down there!

IMG_1346.jpgIMG_1346.jpg IMG_1347.jpgIMG_1347.jpg IMG_1349.jpgIMG_1349.jpg

#212 12 years ago

You are doing an awsome job on this, will be interested to hear how many hours it has taken when finished.

#213 12 years ago

Great job - love seeing the before and after pics. Thanks!

#214 12 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

You are doing an awsome job on this, will be interested to hear how many hours it has taken when finished.

Wish I had been keeping better track of my time.

Put the final two coats of clear on this morning. Very happy with the outcome so far. No pics since I am visiting some family out of state for the holidays.

Hope to wet sand it with some 1500 and 2000 grit then a final buff with some novus2 when I get home Sunday night. Made a nice big order of playfield parts from Steve at Pinball Resource Friday morning. Hope to see that show up around monday.

#215 12 years ago

Got home tonight did some wet sanding with 1500 grit. Got all the orange peel out. Smooth as a babies bottom. Tested out a small area with some polish and it looks and feels great, but I need to get some 2000 and 2500 grit to get the fine scratches out that you can still see if you look real close under the right light. Here is some with final coat of clear dried and with some light reflection to show the orange peel and then some after wetsanding all smooth, but dull looking.IMG_1355.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1356.jpgIMG_1356.jpgIMG_1358.jpgIMG_1358.jpgIMG_1364.jpgIMG_1364.jpgIMG_1370.jpgIMG_1370.jpgIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1367.jpg

#217 12 years ago

JDS did you do your clear with spray cans or are you using a sprayer?

#219 12 years ago

This looks awesome! 110% better! "HULK SMASH!!"

#220 12 years ago

Spay cans of varathane

look phenomenal. I have a playfield my self i'm going to try this on

#221 12 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Whridlsoncestood said:Spay cans of varathane

Thanks. What playfield?

#222 12 years ago

Looks great! Hulk Like!

#223 12 years ago

Lots of down time with all this drying. Put a couple more coats of clear on tonight after filing down the inserts. Started some polishing in the meantime.

Attachments IMG_1344.jpg (301.9 KB, 1 downloads) 2 days old IMG_1343.jpg (297.1 KB, 0 downloads) 2 days old IMG_1342.jpg (340.4 KB, 0 downloads) 2 days old

WOW...I just read this thread...sorry I didn't see this before. I'm glad to see you took the time to do all the mods, system 1's can be a PITA. You are better off with the pascal board in the end. Sorry, you picked such a hard one for the first!

Do you not have a tumbler? My Father-in-law just gave me one he had used for re-loading...I already have one. I'm in your back yard...ask jespo19, he is a buddy of mine. I'm down here in Trumbull..Hell, seeing you bring that thing to life makes me want to donate it. Come by some time and get it, it will help you do all the metal parts...don't sit there with steel wool! You still have a bunch of work ahead to put it all back togehter.

BTW, I've been in the hobby for 5 yrs, stripped many a playfield, did a PF swap...I thought I jumped in, but you, sir, have no fear. I never seen anyone take on PF touch up and clearcoating..fearless! Kudos to you, and I'm serious about the tumbler. PM me.

Great Thread!

#224 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I could make a habit out of this. Sent you a PM. Hope to be meeting up with Jespo this week actually

Can't wait to get home. Package from pinball resources is sitting on my doorstep. Talk a about great service again. Called Friday morning with a laundry list of little odds and ends and just about all new post and pop bumper parts. Mentioned to me that the purple of the skirts didn't match the purple on the pop bumper bodies and suggested some alternatives since there was too much blue in the skirts. I was unsure so they took the time to look up my playfield and suggest alternatives that they had that would look right. Shipped out that afternoon and is now delivered. Great company to deal with

#225 12 years ago

way2wyrd said:
Whridlsoncestood said:Spay cans of varathane

Thanks. What playfield?

Im going do redo a Williams Jubilee. I happen to have 2 so if i F it up no worries. After that I have a Bally Joust and when im comfortable ill redo the capt Fantastic

#226 12 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Im going do redo a Williams Jubilee. I happen to have 2 so if i F it up no worries. After that I have a Bally Joust and when im comfortable ill redo the capt Fantastic

Can't wait to see them. Especially the Captain Fantastic.

#227 12 years ago

One last update until I get the wetsanding done. Here is my box of goodies.

Another thumbs up to pinball resource. IMG_1371.jpgIMG_1371.jpg IMG_1372.jpgIMG_1372.jpg IMG_1373.jpgIMG_1373.jpg

#228 12 years ago

Looking goood!

#229 12 years ago

I love getting that box in the mail.

I just unloaded my toolbox of all the screwdrivers, hammers, etc and now it is officially my pin toolbox filled with stuff for pins.

What do I do with the big cup of 44 working lightbulbs though?

#230 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What do I do with the big cup of 44 working lightbulbs though?

I've kept so many, that now I'm just throwing them in the trash.

#231 12 years ago

Alright had a great night so far. Did a little driving around and met some great fellow pinsiders in my area. Met Espo66 who graciously donated me a vibration tumbler for all my metal bits! After that headed over to Jespo's house and played a few rounds on his collection. Hope to get together with these guys again next thursday with some one else local as well and get some good pinball on.

About to fire up the tumbler now and pull and allnighter on this machine. I'm feeling pumped. Have to work in the morning but its the day before the holiday weekend, so who cares

Will get pictures up as the night goes on.

IMG_1379.jpgIMG_1379.jpg

#232 12 years ago

Go Go Go! looking fantastic! Great to hear that fellow pinsiders helped out and you had a meet up!

#233 12 years ago

All-Nighter? Do it,I have your back-but I will be in bed ),I remember those days,sort of,
no pinball machines were involved back then.

#234 12 years ago

Looks like Christmas came early , That was sweet you met and played with locals. It looks like everything is coming together nicely!

#235 12 years ago

1:30 and I'm still going so far.

Wet sanded with 2000 and 2500 and then polished with Novus 2 and then a final polish with another finer polishing compound. Didn't bother waxing because the playfield is just so smooth it wont even stick to it. It feels just like glass. Its great. I'm sure I could of done better with and HVLP gun, but for spray cans I'm thrilled with it.

Flipped the playfield over and figued it was time to clean the underside. Pulled all the inset bulbs and clean out the inserts. Re-installed color matched LED's to the inserts. Pulled apart and cleaned up the flipper assemblies. I will probably start putting the wood rails back on and the back orbit peice. Then the switches and targets back up until all the other parts are done in the tumbler. I also want to polish up the side rails real good before the playfield goes back in. Makes things cleaner/easier.

After tonight I wont be back at it until monday/tuesday night. Will be out of state for the holiday.

IMG_1381.jpgIMG_1381.jpg IMG_1383.jpgIMG_1383.jpg IMG_1384.jpgIMG_1384.jpg

#236 12 years ago

More

IMG_1382.jpgIMG_1382.jpg IMG_1385.jpgIMG_1385.jpg IMG_1386.jpgIMG_1386.jpg IMG_1387.jpgIMG_1387.jpg

#238 12 years ago

8 am here in the UK - keep on keeping on my friend!

#239 12 years ago

Whoops! Crashed at some point last night I guess and now I'm late for work!

#241 12 years ago

Ok back from the holiday. Threw all the parts in the tumbler before I left thursday night and took them out tonight. Very happy with most parts. A few not so well but the metal would have to be wet sanded a whole bunch with several grits and polished after and its not worth it with how much they cost. Pinball Resource has these repo pieces for cheap. I'm sure I will need at least one more order.

Threw the keys in the tumbler too. Came out great!

Re-assembly begins now.

#242 12 years ago

Ok back from the holiday. Threw all the parts in the tumbler before I left thursday night and took them out tonight. Very happy with most parts. A few not so well but the metal would have to be wet sanded a whole bunch with several grits and polished after and its not worth it with how much they cost. Pinball Resource has these repo pieces for cheap. I'm sure I will need at least one more order.

Threw the keys in the tumbler too. Came out great!

Re-assembly begins now.

IMG_1393.jpgIMG_1393.jpg IMG_1395.jpgIMG_1395.jpg IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1394.jpg

#243 12 years ago

Got everything under the playfield mounted back up except for pop bumper parts. Started populating the top of the playfield. Tomorrow is another day.

IMG_1396.jpgIMG_1396.jpg IMG_1397.jpgIMG_1397.jpg

#244 12 years ago

That would be cool if you got it back together just in time to shoot the first ball at midnight new years eve. At this rate though you may be done before then

#245 12 years ago

Would be, but I'll be in times square that night. Only 4 more hours of work till I can dive back in.

#246 12 years ago

This is amazing work! I passed on a Viking a few months ago but I wish I wouldn't have now. Id love to try something like this!

#247 12 years ago

Looking great!! Amazing job!

#248 12 years ago

How much was the Viking? This was a perfect deal. Got it for 100 and in top shape it's worth what 700 to the right person? What did I have to lose really?

#249 12 years ago

125 not working with pf wear. I passed because of the wear to.

#250 12 years ago

Since I can't make tons of noise all through the night I decided to start with the sander when I got home and wet sanded the rails to shine them up and get most of the scratches out of them. Then hit them with some Brasso. Wanted to do this before I got the playfield in as to avoid any messes on it. Cleaned out the cabinet real good. Only thing left on cabinet before I can play is to pull the legs off and clean them up real quick and install new the new leg levelers. Will do this tonight if I get the playfield in.

I have the paint codes for the cabinet and will be repainting it after I get it all back together. Little taping and some brushing. Should be any easy cabinet repaint unlike anything more recent. Shouldn't need to spray it. It will be my last step as it affects nothing in any way but looks and having the machine done and operational doesn't interfere.

Off to finish that playfield.

IMG_1399.jpgIMG_1399.jpg IMG_1401.jpgIMG_1401.jpg IMG_1402.jpgIMG_1402.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/think-ive-finnaly-landed-my-first-pin-incredible-hulk/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.