Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by HitLines
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0144.jpg
    DSCF9340.JPG
    IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    tumblr_lrdw901w0y1r2ip5qo1_500.gif
    Picture_195.jpg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

that's at least 200 bucks..maybe more for us wyomingites..lmao

What's up Balls...at least $200/month here in Texas and beer and pinball go together so there is no point in giving up the beer for any reason whatsoever

#52 12 years ago

Texas and Wyoming? wth.. Wisconsin is the capital of your liver.

Good topic - I haven't sold anything substantial yet. I sold an old crotch rocket, but I justify that as funding a portion of the basement.

I will be cleaning out some old stuff I don't use soon. I have too many hobbies. I haven't played paintball for at least 2 years so I'm thinking of selling of the markers. I can't say that I want to, but hard to justify keeping them given their usage.

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

dlbuller said:Going to sell all my video equipment in sept after I finish a couple weddings. Anybody want some?
    What do you have? Seriously.

Sent you a pm

#54 12 years ago

Michael jordan rookie card Pga graded 8.0, Very first appearances Comics all cgc graded. But I wont sell Incredible Hulk 181 cgc 8.0 signed by Stan Lee "ever, even if theres a fire"!!!

tumblr_lrdw901w0y1r2ip5qo1_500.giftumblr_lrdw901w0y1r2ip5qo1_500.gif

#55 12 years ago

I sold:
    M1 Carbine (saginaw reciever)
    Winchester 1300
    Baby Desert Eagle

#56 12 years ago

I sold all of my glass blowing equipment (torch, kiln, etc...) to buy pin #1. It was well worth it. I have played more with my TAF in the past 6 weeks than I did glass blowing in the past 2 years.

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Haha how much beer do you drink? That might save me 50-60 bucks or so..

I buy by the keg!

I figure I go through about a half keg/month. Just had 3 pints tonight.

#59 12 years ago

I'm considering selling some of my restored gas pumps,coke machine,or Eco islander toward a nice TZ ....

IMAG0039.jpgIMAG0039.jpg IMAG0037.jpgIMAG0037.jpg IMAG0117.jpgIMAG0117.jpg

#60 12 years ago

I sold an EM machine for $20.00 to buy a case of beer.(Really did-grew to hate that machine)

#61 12 years ago

v8torino, please tell us which e-m machine you sold, so we can avoid that one. Your post was quite funny. For me so far the issue of selling certain things to buy a machine hasn't come up yet, but may in the near future.

#62 12 years ago

I'm considering selling some of my restored gas pumps,coke machine,or Eco islander toward a nice TZ ....

I have been thinking the same thing, really want MB. Eco islander how much you asking?

DSCF9340.JPGDSCF9340.JPG

#63 12 years ago

When we had our daughter I knew it was time to get rid of the dirt bike before I did something foolish. So I sold it and used the money for my first pin, a LOTR. Best swap ever!

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

v8torino, please tell us which e-m machine you sold

It was a 1969 Bally"COSMOS" put alot into it,but the slow "EM" gameplay absolutely sucked,
    probably the worst $1,000.00 I ever wasted (Spent that much on purchase,shipping,repairs)

#65 12 years ago

I sold off my shepard fairey (obey giant) art collection and bought three pins.
    Demo man, rollergames, and sorcerer. bought most of the prints for 35 bux. sold most of them for 200 others for 400.

#66 12 years ago

haven't sold anything yet, but thinking about selling "almost all" of my collectibles. cards, comics, coins, figurines...problem is that i want to buy a pin, but still need to build a deck in the back and finish the basement...

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Michael Jordan rookie card Pga graded 8.0

thats too bad. but in all honesty, if you can sell any form of professional player cards these days, take the money and run.

Quoted from iceman44:What's up Balls...at least $200/month here in Texas and beer and pinball go together so there is no point in giving up the beer for any reason whatsoever

ya beer and pinball are what life is about.

Quoted from v8torino:

I sold an EM machine for $20.00 to buy a case of beer.(Really did-grew to hate that machine)

a friend of mine got an older cocktail pin from some drunk in leadville...he told me he just wanted to part out the pin for as much booze money as he could get for the over priced pin.

#68 12 years ago

My First Marriage.

Funny thing, I'm still in love with my pinball machines

#69 12 years ago

I sold a load of iPhone apps to pay for my WoZ

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

M1 Carbine (saginaw reciever)
    Winchester 1300
    Baby Desert Eagle

On the 586 and 686 are talking about the S&W revolvers? They would fit in the context but I figured I would ask.

#71 12 years ago

Nothing yet. I was thinking about selling my 66 Cuda and 68 Firebird conv.

#72 12 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Anim8ormatt said:I need to sell my rc planes. I just don't have time to get to the field anymore. And a new pin would make that loss all the more easy to accept.
    Are RC planes as expensive to maintain and repair as RC nitro powered cars? My brother in-law is big into this and a full day outing usually results in repairs and replacements parts equivalent to a classic Stern lol

My friend has some Traxxis RC trucks he paid $800 a piece, and he is always having to replace things on them. Everytime I'am over all 3 are broke and need parts. I would rather have pins more fun!!

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

I have been thinking the same thing, really want MB. Eco islander how much you asking?

Attachments DSCF9340.JPG (328 KB, 0 downloads) 14 hours old

That gas pump alone should fund your TZ! I like the brick, is that a Mame cab? very cool.

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Attachments IMAG0144.jpg (990.7 KB, 2 downloads) 7 hours old IMAG0117.jpg (287.4 KB, 0 downloads) 18 hours old IMAG0037.jpg (162 KB, 0 downloads) 18 hours old IMAG0039.jpg (143.9 KB, 2 downloads) 18 hours old

keep that coke machine!!!

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

My First Marriage.

Funny thing, I'm still in love with my pinball machines

this made me lol.

#76 12 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

I sold off my shepard fairey (obey giant) art collection and bought three pins.
    Demo man, Rollergames, and Sorcerer. bought most of the prints for 35 bux. sold most of them for 200 others for 400.

I did the same, along with other street art prints. I had over 100 Shep prints at one time and have slowly liquidated them over the past 5 years. I'be kept all of his fine art and most if my Banksy prints though.
    I also sold off a David Choe hand-embellished City Girl edition of 76 print for $800 in the Fall to put towards a Junkyard pin. He's the artist that has been in the media recently for the Facebook stock he was given for painting their office building. With the recent publicity his prices have risen and I could have gotten $3k+ for that print today, oh well....

#77 12 years ago

'66 Porsche up for sale to pay for my WOZ-LE

#78 12 years ago

Love this topic

I'm not that ashamed to say that I sold my CSI to fund WOZ.

#79 12 years ago

Arm for a MM. Leg for a ZA.

#80 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Love this topic
    I'm not that ashamed to say that I sold my CSI to fund WOZ.

...What if WOZ sucks?

That would ruin everyone's day.

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

...What if WOZ sucks?
    That would ruin everyone's day.

i'm a gambling man, and i'd gamble a nice bet on "WOZ is not going to 'suck'" i'm not on thebandwagon, and i didn't order one. This machine may blow sterns products out of the water from what i've been following. just my opinion.

#82 12 years ago

We'll see, but I have high hopes.
    At least I didn't give my arm or leg for it.

#83 12 years ago

Sold my '68 Gibson SG Special to get my first pin (Goldeneye). Just like someone else mentioned above - the pin has had more use in the last 2 months that the SG had in the past 5 years. I wonder - What else could I sell ??? : )

#84 12 years ago

Sold a 31' boat - not really to buy a pinball but to get into other things.
    Blew most of the cash from the boat on a Audi S5 but saved plenty for more pinball machines.

#85 12 years ago

i'm surprised nobody has mentioned bodily fluids yet. I'm talking plasma and not otherwise. I haven't sold anything yet.

#86 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i'm surprised nobody has mentioned bodily fluids yet. I'm talking plasma and not otherwise. I haven't sold anything yet.

Why not otherwise...

errrrr...

#87 12 years ago

Hmmmm...how much money can one get for "bodily fluids" anyway? I'm asking for someone else by the way...

#88 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Winchester 1300

That was my first shotgun and I still use all the time. Nothing sold yet but I have a garage full of stuff waiting to hit CL this summer.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-youve-sold-to-buy-a-pinball-machine-ashamed-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.