7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by HitLines
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0144.jpg
    DSCF9340.JPG
    IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    tumblr_lrdw901w0y1r2ip5qo1_500.gif
    Picture_195.jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I just sold my Alienware m17x Gaming/Editing Notebook computer in order to save up for my IJ. Yeahhhh, I'm probably going to need another laptop soon.

Anyway, this got me thinking...

What are some things (worthy or worthless) you all have sold in order to buy that next pin?

edit: this should probably be moved to the "All Pinball" sub-forum

#2 7 years ago

I sold a nice Camaro SS to buy an MM, IJ, and some other pinball stuff. The pinball stuff costs much less to insure and gets much better mileage.

The Camaro was just a big toy, so I just viewed it as trading one toy for multiple toys.

#3 7 years ago

Exact opposite, traded my LW3 for a Jet Ski.

#4 7 years ago

3/4's of my guitars/pedals/amps and almost all my camera lenses. Not ashamed whatsoever though...pinball is 10x more fun

#5 7 years ago

apple stock

#6 7 years ago

Haha! *cringe*

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

edit: this should probably be moved to the "All Pinball" sub-forum

Yeah, SC's on the prowl today... (Spring cleaning?)

I have pretty much sold everything I haven't touched in a years time for pinball.
    It's a "win-win" as far as I'm concerned, more room for pins AND a clean garage!

#8 7 years ago

Sold my Fabi Jitz table and one of my many snowboards (Sims Fader Jenna Jamieson & Brianna Banks special edition) to fund my first pin purchase. Last October I sold my 4'x8' slate pool table because I ran out of space and figured I would be good for the next year. Before the year ended I am one machine from being tapped out of room once again

#9 7 years ago

I need to sell my rc planes. I just don't have time to get to the field anymore. And a new pin would make that loss all the more easy to accept.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I need to sell my rc planes. I just don't have time to get to the field anymore. And a new pin would make that loss all the more easy to accept.

Are RC planes as expensive to maintain and repair as RC nitro powered cars? My brother in-law is big into this and a full day outing usually results in repairs and replacements parts equivalent to a classic Stern lol

#11 7 years ago

Been there not for pinball but still sucks nonetheless. I've been lucky enough not to have to sell anything to pick up Pins hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

#12 7 years ago

More like *cry*

#13 7 years ago

This is new car year at my company for me. Opted out of new car, gonna drive current longer, and bought pins. If this works out, I might drive it for 2 or 3 more years. The inevitable entry of more manufacturers, with really cool ideas, may necessitate it. Pins > car.

#14 7 years ago

+1...
    You sure have your priorities in order rommy!
    "I like the cut of your jib!"

#15 7 years ago

Going to sell all my video equipment in sept after I finish a couple weddings. Anybody want some?

#16 7 years ago

CUSTOM built bicycle. However I have several more around.

Working on my cleaning my closets are filled with mountain and road bike gear and components. Want clean that clutter and get a new DMD.

#17 7 years ago

I sold this for WOZ It better be good!!

Picture_195.jpg

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Are RC planes as expensive to maintain and repair as RC nitro powered cars?

If you crash it - worse... I have 2 planes (nitro), one truck (nitro) and 4 boats (1 nitro, one electric and 2 gas). All 3 tap me out about the same. I spend less on the planes then the boats or cars if things go "good". But one bad landing and I'm back to par with the truck/boats. Check out RC jets, now that is $$$.

Back on topic - I'm considering selling/trading my 02 mustang for a couple nice pins or a MM.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I sold this for WOZ It better be good!!

Whoah...I guess it better.

#20 7 years ago

Selling a kidney for ZA.

#21 7 years ago

Had 12 guitars, now only have 3.
    No regrets.
    No more guitars for sale either.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

Going to sell all my video equipment in sept after I finish a couple weddings. Anybody want some?

What do you have? Seriously.

#23 7 years ago

I sold 4 pins for one, does that count?

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

What do you have? Seriously.

Dude, buy an HD camera and overhead mount and get some great footage of IJ once you get it for the rest of us!

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

I sold 4 pins for one, does that count?

Well, I guess it depends on...wth, of course that counts! Going from the variety of 4 down to one, it better be good. It will be. (maybe Jpop using force)

#26 7 years ago

Pool table for T2. Don't miss the pool table at all, the T2 a little bit.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I sold a nice Camaro SS

what year?

#28 7 years ago

It wasn't an old one Dave, it was a '97 30th anniversary, white with orange stripes and a 6 speed manual. I bought it when I was 27, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. 10 years later when I was 37, I really wanted to be driving something more discrete, like something black or silver, LOL.

#29 7 years ago

Going to sell coin collection towards purchase of A list pin.

#30 7 years ago

I've still got my M17 Alienware Area 51 gaming laptop.. worst computer I've ever owned, but it's still working like a champ! lol

#31 7 years ago

Haha, that's funny... I was just thinking about selling my apple stock to buy a pin. Should I do it?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

I've still got my M17 Alienware Area 51 gaming laptop.. worst computer I've ever owned, but it's still working like a champ! lol

Sell it!

I kept mine in perfect condition. I loved that thing.

#33 7 years ago

I'm looking to join the pool table crowd. I had fun on it for years but it doesn't get played anymore...should go to someone who would enjoy it more.

That combined finance-wise with me deciding not to turbo my fun car has me looking for my first pin. Deep down I've known I'd get a lot more bang for the buck with a pin, but just recently shelved the idea that it'd be too much power for the car and I'd probably snap a diff/lose a transmission after already spending a ton of $ to get there.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buschjs:

Haha, that's funny... I was just thinking about selling my apple stock to buy a pin. Should I do it?

I sold half my shares and made a good profit, but if I would have sold today I could have made about $70.00 more a share. The way it's trending right now you might want to hold onto it.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Been there not for pinball but still sucks nonetheless. I've been lucky enough not to have to sell anything to pick up Pins hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

initially I sold it so I could finish my shop a bit sooner... but a good chunk of that found its way towards an AFM.

#36 7 years ago

I sold off a rental house

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Are RC planes as expensive to maintain and repair as RC nitro powered cars? My brother in-law is big into this and a full day outing usually results in repairs and replacements parts equivalent to a classic Stern lol

it depends on how often you crash. the initial investment is much higher than cars, but if you're good, you really only need gas.

#38 7 years ago

Sold my 87 Mustang GT for a STTNG and driver twin game.
    STTNG is here Driver turned into another pin...cant remember which lol.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Slaymetender said:I sold 4 pins for one, does that count?
    Well, I guess it depends on...wth, of course that counts! Going from the variety of 4 down to one, it better be good. It will be. (maybe Jpop using force)

Going to a mint TZ, it's a huge step up from what I had

#40 7 years ago

Selling off my '69 Cougar XR-7 this Spring. Someone could save me a lot of trouble and just trade me a pin that ends with an "M"....AFM, IM, wait wait ok MM.

#41 7 years ago

Almost just sold my racing wheels/tires, a few Mac computers and other race parts for a Tron LE :/

#42 7 years ago

traded my 66' cadi coupe for my 66' williams casanova..lol

#43 7 years ago

Sorry, I win.

I gave up beer for a month to throw the extra cash at my ST:TNG.

#44 7 years ago

Haha how much beer do you drink? That might save me 50-60 bucks or so..

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

I gave up beer for a month to throw the extra cash at my ST:TNG

that's at least 200 bucks..maybe more for us wyomingites..lmao

#46 7 years ago

Comic books for most of my collection.

#47 7 years ago

I worked on a pretty large scale mini-series in the art dept. At the end of the show we had several large coils of Manila rope left over. We were unable to sell it and I was told to get rid of it. I took it and eventually found a seller. paid for my AFM with the money.

#48 7 years ago

Sold a few 1950's Coke machines to start it up

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

3/4's of my guitars/pedals/amps and almost all my camera lenses. Not ashamed whatsoever though...pinball is 10x more fun

Funny, I turned a MM into a lot of camera gear and I thought the camera gear is so much more fun

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I worked on a pretty large scale mini-series in the art dept. At the end of the show we had several large coils of Manila rope left over. We were unable to sell it and I was told to get rid of it. I took it and eventually found a seller. paid for my AFM with the money.

goddamn how much rope was left over LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    $ 10.95
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.50
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 39.50
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside