(Topic ID: 298616)

Things you should/should not do on day one with your NIB game.

By TechnicalSteam

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aeolus7:

Been collecting a while, but just had my first NIB experience. One thing I didn't expect to see (but makes perfect sense) is dust on the game. A new game may have been sitting in a warehouse or on the production floor before getting boxed up. So I'd recommend giving the playfield & cabinet a good wipe with a new, microfiber towel. Maybe even spray with an air can to get dust of the mechs, etc. Once it was clean, I waxed the game on Day 1.
    I also went around the playfield and checked for loose components or screws, made sure everything was tight. I actually found an orphan washer inside one of the scoops and was able to grab it out with a long, magnetized drill bit.
    Don't do what I did and install the wrong number of balls, lol. The game called for 4, but came with a 5-pack and I added all 5 in my excitement to play. I managed to confuse the game and thought it had an issue until my buddy realized what I did wrong...

I usually hit any game I get, new or used, with some blitz wax. Also, clean or use different balls. I know it's been said, but it's that important so I said it again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-you-should-should-not-do-on-day-one-with-your-nib-game?tu=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.