(Topic ID: 31253)

things you say while playing pins

By mrgone

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-13.jpg
    Gob_COMEON.jpg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

You dirty twit. But i mostly substitute the "I" in twit with an "A"

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

My college-age daughter points out that Rudy calls her a bitch when her player is named "Biff".

This is awesome. I actually did laugh out loud at this. She must really love-hate that game. I know I do. I used to have conversations with it all the time!

When I'm doing well, it's a bunch of "Hell Yes" and "Damn Straight" and "C'mon, get up in there you dirty whore!".

When I'm doing poorly, it's just a bunch of "Really?", "You gotta be kiddin' me!", and "Of course, why not?", followed by a little bit of "Fargin' Bastidges", a la Roman Maroni.

I do a bit of the "don't....even....think....about...it" when I get the ball up into the Hitchhiker area, but it doesn't go around into the Town Square and it comes flying back down the chute and right out the right outlane! I've tried numerous directions of nudging, all to no avail.

#53 11 years ago

My girlfriend says "christ chex on a stick!"

#54 11 years ago

Depends on how many beers consumed and if I am having a good or bad game.....

#55 11 years ago

Anything Bryan effin Kelly would say

#56 11 years ago

Me, to the Pinball machine..
    You suck!!
    or
    I Suck!!
    or
    This Sucks!!!

When my wife is playing and TAF is constantly draining her pinballs....
    Honey this thing is broken! Fix it!

#57 11 years ago

My wife yelling "Turn that shit off!" so she can listen to Dr OZ sell her some super vitamins that will make our cat live 20 more years. Hey now!

#58 11 years ago

Our SDTM saying is "STRAIGHT DOWN THE MYRTLE!"
    My retort when rudy says "you're making me very unhappy" is "SUCK IT, BIOTCH!" LOL....great thread!

#59 11 years ago

"You gotta be F'n shittin' me!"
    "F'k this shit!"
    "Bull F'n shit!"

All 3 almost always in response to outlanes.

#60 11 years ago

Schizer is used a lot, not sure why, I'm not German.

#61 11 years ago

Depends if the boys are in the house. If so;

"Gosh dibbly dag nab it!"
    "Oh, sschucky dang darns!"
    "Ag-ablaga-raga!"

If not, then;

"Oh fer FUCK'S SAKE!"
    "Bullshit!"
    "Oh, are you fucking kidding me?!"

#62 11 years ago

A lot of times, it's unintelligible yelling/grunts/etc. I find I get irish / hit the tables with "Ayyyyeee!" a lot. Sometimes specific sarcasm directed towards call-outs. What people watching really enjoy is my pin-fu body english - I've ended up under a table or two (briefly) on location out of frustration.

#63 11 years ago

When I got my first machin( FH )my dad was visiting town. He used to play lots of pinball as a child of the 60's and 70's. He was far more knowledgable than me about the machines and parts. While I was playing he was sitting at my desk. I have a tabletop reef tank on my office desk. As the ball drained down the middle he said "you got a fish in the hole." I thought he was teaching my pinball slang for when the ball drains... Seems reasonable I thought "fish in a hole." It turns out he was making a remark about my jawfish which lives below the substrate. Since then me and my friends call draining the ball down the center "fish in the hole." Besides that I tend to say things that should never be repeated in public... Bad collaborations of words that would make 99% of people squirm if they overheard me playing.

#64 11 years ago

Aside from the obligatory "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", I'm pretty quiet when I play... gotta have focus

#65 11 years ago

A lot of various ways to say the f-word.

Or shouting SHOWTIME! when the TAF multiball goes off. I love watching that machine go off when you hit the multiball.

#66 11 years ago

After I shoot a post to post to post to post combo I like to yell "DO SOMETHING!".

#68 11 years ago

"Shut up Scotty! I AM hurrying!"

#69 11 years ago

Fist bump myself and say "OH YEAH", yet ANOTHER high score!

1 week later
    #70 11 years ago

When the ball goes into Merlin's on MM, I start "M-M-M-M-M-M" and finish "ultiball Madness!" in time with the announcer.

After a few horrible multiballs on MM a friend started saying, in a depressed tone "multiball sadness..." I now also use this when I accidentally activate a depressing 2-ball multiball on MM.

Any game's variation of "Collect the extra ball!" is usually followed by some variation of "No S***, a-hole" or (I'm terrible), so: "Don't you think I'm trying!!"

I'm just learning, so when I screw up a flipper move or a failed nudge sends it down an outlane, I forlornly step away from the machine and say "that was me" or "can't blame the machine for that one" or Gob Bluth's "I've made a huge mistake" or some other more colourful form of self-deprication.

In general, I also pull out the Gob Bluth "Come On!" when I feel cheated, or just repeat "Really?? REALLY?????". Although on a poorly maintained machine I blame the pin for everything.

When I screw up immediately after plunging and lose a ball right away, it's "There goes a third of a third of $2" or "There goes point 2 repeated". When the pins are on freeplay it's "Gotta love Tuesdays!" (Tuesdays are free days at a local place, but I say this on any free pin regardless of day).

#71 11 years ago

I have a tendency to talk like im about to bone the damn thing... Especially if its a new machine!

#72 11 years ago

A hundred bucks? I don't know. You killed me in that twenty dollar game. Oh what the heck, let's go for it.

1 week later
    #73 11 years ago

My go to seems to be, "Are you f**king kidding me?".
    My gf's is usually, "If that happens one more time, I'm gonna start punching people and break the glass".

#74 11 years ago

For me, the joys of free play are endless. Mainly because when my first ball sucks, I'll drop an "Are you f**king kidding me?" or some other noun, verb, adjective or adverbial usage of the F-bomb -- and then punch the coin door.

Why? Because after all these years I've found that a slam tilt is the quickest way to restart the game -- and I have nicely calloused knuckles to prove it. Besides, the coin door is much stronger than my hand, so no matter how much verbal and physical abuse I give my pins, they still look great in the end.

#75 11 years ago

"There's Poppy!"
    ~My Dad

In TZ he always thought that Talking Tina's name was Poppencita - LOL - because the machine pops when you get an extra ball and says "Hi, I'm Talking Tina. Here's your extra ball."

Most of the other things we say might be a inappropriate for a public thread.

#76 11 years ago

I yell B!TCH! whenever I lose a ball, it just comes out naturally.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

when playing our pins my wife and i have our own little sayings. when the ball bounces back from between the flippers we yell "crazy ivan" or if one of us is starting a game the other will say deal me in. on lotr,when you get bash balrog my wife always says time to bash bull frog. anyone else have any silly sayings they use when playing?

I cant quote the things i normaly say while playing, as i would be violating Pinsides profanity policy...

#78 11 years ago

Gerry,

Although your reply above was very polite and respectful, I would ask that you please consider just sharing with us a select few of your favorite phrases.
    You have too good of a collection to just skip over this thread topic.

I'm sorta curious if you say certain things to vent when playing a certain machine, but say other things when playing some of your other more difficult and challenging pins (either current and/or any owned-in-the-past pins).

To help keep it legal, I believe you are allowed to substitute characters (!@#$%^*+) for vowels,
    or swap out certain cuss words with similar sounding words.

Happy Holidays!

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Gerry,
    Although your reply above was very polite and respectful, I would ask that you please consider just sharing with us a select few of your favorite phrases.You have too good of a collection to just skip over this thread topic.
    I'm sorta curious if you say certain things to vent when playing a certain machine, but say other things when playing some of your other more difficult and challenging pins (either current and/or any owned-in-the-past pins).
    To help keep it legal, I believe you are allowed to substitute characters (!@#$%^*+) for vowels,or swap out certain cuss words with similar sounding words.
    Happy Holidays!

I am going to go take a nap, but i will report back after the kids get done throwing wraping paper all over the house...

I am honored tht you have requested my input, and i will not disappoint ....

to all others Carry on !

#80 11 years ago

"plunge gem"

#81 11 years ago

"wow I wish the code on this Stern wasn't a pile of shit!!"

#82 11 years ago

I use the term 'Pillar Pinball' when you just can't hit anything but posts, but somehow manage to keep the ball alive.

followed by 'Yeah, Yeah I know' or 'Stop taking the p!ss' when the machine thinks that the ball's stuck somewhere and starts a ball search when in fact I just haven't triggered a switch for so long.

7 years later
    #83 4 years ago

FUCKING SHITTTTTT! Sopranos style!

#84 4 years ago

If I’m slow and sloppy on the flippers and it goes down the middle, I’ll say “Old Man River!”
    If I’m kicking ass on an old Bally I’ll say, “it’s time to roll this bitch!”
    If I’m working real hard to keep the ball alive, I’ll say “You want a piece? Let’s Go!” (Army Of Darkness quote).

#85 4 years ago

"scheisse"

#86 4 years ago

While playing Funhouse, when Rudy says “go play on the steps” we reply with “hey kid go play in traffic”. Lots of cussing if the kids aren’t around as well.
    If one of us playing Black Knight SOR we’ll throw a “P*SSY” at one another in our best BK voice.
    STTNG: when Q comes up it’s always “let’s play a little F*ing game”
    Lots of cuss-word like sounds but too much fun.

#87 4 years ago

When my wife and I play our pins,which is daily, we try to psych
    each other out. Something she started. Like "shoot NOW", "awww, too bad",
    "you at sick at pinball today", "you'll never hit that", "just give up".

Its so natural that when others play pins with us we get weird looks.
    Steve

#88 4 years ago

I’m a mechanic, and Scottish. So I’m sure it’s entertaining. JOBBY YA FOOGIN BAWHEED!

#89 4 years ago

Well. I scream "CHICKEN SHIT" quite a bit when I'm having a bad game.
    Good thing both of houses next to me are currently empty.

Another thing I do is quote the game I'm currently playing. So if I'm playing addams family I'll go SHOWTIME before Gomez has a chance to say it. Or if I'm playing funhouse I'll tell rudy to choke on a hotdog.

I do like saying ohhhh nice organ when I'm playing Elvira as well.

#90 4 years ago

recently picked up a Big House & every time the guy says "Break it Down" ... I say "For me Brother" ....... I also say Damn!! a lot while playing my other games

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-you-say-while-playing-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.