(Topic ID: 208763)

Things you have been offered for trade for your pinball machine

By chad

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

What items have you guys been offered as a trade? I have had a car once and one offered brand new bed room sets. Needless to say I passed.

#2 6 years ago

I've not been offered anything other than cash, but I just acquired a boat I'll trade!

#3 6 years ago

A barb wire for my high speed+money. Passed.

#4 6 years ago

Broken stove, which may just need a new element. Used weightlifting equipment. Those are the dumbest ones I’ve had. And no, I was not looking for either.

#5 6 years ago

Various arcade video games on various occasions. On two of those occasions, I took some arcade games I always wanted in on trade.

#6 6 years ago

A boat for an EM. I already have one black hole hobby I throw money into, why would I want a second?

#9 6 years ago

Also the occasional weapon (guns)

#10 6 years ago

The craziest: a real human skull.

Others:

a musket. (edit, or maybe it was an old rifle, I just looked up muskets and they are worth real money, but the gun I was offered didn't show up as worth anything online)

a moped.

a dirtbike.

"50 bucks and I'll clear that junk out for you".

a much less sought after pinball machine for my machine plus a significant amount of cash.

An xbox, more than once.

#11 6 years ago

We used to have a guy here in town that owned a mattress store that would always offer a mattress in trade.

I did actually trade a pinball machine for a Corvette once. The guy who got my pin made out best in the trade.

#12 6 years ago

Traded a Bally Vector for a new roof on my carport.

#13 6 years ago

Craziest thing ever : I actually had a guy offer me “the services” of his wife and 1000 cash for my Bk2k needless to say i said no and WTF?!??

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Craziest thing ever : I actually had a guy offer me “the services” of his wife and 1000 cash for my Bk2k needless to say i said no and WTF?!??

Were you able to see and inspect the wife?

#15 6 years ago

Sports memorabilia autographed by various New York teams. Go Red Sox!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Were you able to see and inspect the wife?

Or at least get shooter lane pics?

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

Crazy indeed!!!!

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Crazy indeed!!!!

I'd have to see wife first before declaring "crazy" or "WTF".

#19 6 years ago

Unfortounatly...pics were included in offer and trust me itnwas wtf lol

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

pics were included in offer and trust me itnwas wtf lol

The ole, "take me wife PLEASE!" Lol

Yikes.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Also the occasional weapon (guns)

I would at least consider those trades.

#22 6 years ago

I traded a garage door for pins a few times
    I traded a pit bike for a no fear
    I did a 3 way trade: a garage door for a kayak for a pinball ma hine

#23 6 years ago

My buddy wanted to trade me nice street bike for tspp....I didn't make the trade thou...

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drickey86:

It would only be fair if he got to test play the BK2K that you get to test play the wife!

#25 6 years ago

Traded my BK project for a S10 with 68k miles and bad fule pump. The truck has made me more money then the pin and I'm still happy.

#26 6 years ago

All these have been sent to me as offers. Of these, I don't know which ones were legit and which ones were someone messing with me, but they were all received by text or email in response to ads over the years.

- 4-wheeler
    - Motorcycle
    - Project car in mid restoration (several of these offers)
    - Guns
    - A "really fun" date with a man's girlfriend
    - Video games
    - Custom PCs
    - Arcade games
    - Camping gear
    - Mountain bike
    - Fishing boat
    - Digital camera
    - Massages (it was something like 20 massages)
    - A year of IT support
    - Gift cards
    - A soda fountain
    - Pool table
    - Bathroom remodeling
    - Magic the Gathering cards
    - Riding lawnmower
    - Tool cabinet full of probably stolen tools

There are probably plenty more I'm forgetting. When you put out lots of for sale ads over the years, they get noticed and often attract a wide range of offers aside from cash.

#27 6 years ago

Nothing.

Most people who see my machines think I am out of my mind.

#28 6 years ago

Wow alot more offers than I would have thought. Keepem coming.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I traded a garage door for pins a few times

Either you install garage doors for a living...or you have tons of doorless garages at the moment?

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Nothing.
    Most people who see my machines think I am out of my mind.

I agree with this scenario as I can barely get people that come over besides my select group of pinball buddies to even play. I do have close friends that play a little but they don’t own any of their own machines and don’t plan on it either

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Either you install garage doors for a living...or you have tons of doorless garages at the moment?

Some of us collect things in addition to pinball machines...

#32 6 years ago

Star Wars collection, a handgun, glass bong, weight bench, tools, music gear, etc.

#33 6 years ago

A giant inflatable clown head.

#34 6 years ago

I have offered to pay for games in gold or silver before

no one takes the offer

I also have a really nice clean seeburg M100B jukebox that i have tried to trade for a pin before.

so i guess I'm part of the problem.

but pm me if you got a WPT or similar dmd game lol

#35 6 years ago

Hey, I got my Jurassic Park in trade for doing some online marketing for a smaller distributor. Nothing wrong with offering the trade, but obviously you don't push it if they just want cash.

#36 6 years ago

An old Coke vending machine that did not cool. Said no.

#37 6 years ago

I was 0ffered a Mac10 for a Stern Galaxy. It was loaded too!

#38 6 years ago

10-15 years ago there was a guy who answered many pinball ads asking to trade a mattress. I know a dude who actually took him up on this!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

a Stern Galaxy. It was loaded

A loaded Stern Galaxy, sweet.

#40 6 years ago

Junk cars, broken atvs, damaged arcade games- lots of old broken junk. No thanks

#41 6 years ago

Once was offered a motorcycle, but the AR15 was the best offer haha...

#42 6 years ago

Just stumbled across this on craigslist....

chicago.craigslist.org link

#43 6 years ago

Neon signs, bar tab, 1985 Cadillac convertible, super Chexx bubble hockey, well at least that’s what I have now to trade for a pin if anyone is interested?

#44 6 years ago

Things I have traded for Pins or services range from landscaping to braces for the oldest sons teeth and many things in between

#45 6 years ago

A nice 2008 Jetski for my BTTF.

#46 6 years ago

I would consider a nice UTV in trade for a machine if someone's close and wants to make it happen.

I usually just get offers of really crappy games, lol.

#47 6 years ago

I occasionally get offered an older, non working, classic. That they fine tuned, themselves. For something newer and working.

LTG : )

#48 6 years ago

I traded a $500 Whirlwind (truly was a fuse! and needing a good cleaning) for a brand new home furnace, installed.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

2 years later
    #49 4 years ago

2 AR-15’s

#50 4 years ago

Someone once offered me a pachinko machine in response to a Craigslist ad. After I indicated I wasn’t interested, he was persistent and sent me another message about how cool it was and offering to come over and have me try it. I didn’t have too much trouble mustering up the strength to resist his offer.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-you-have-been-offered-for-trade-for-your-pinball-machine?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.