(Topic ID: 218579)

Things to Do in Chicago

By WavingWilly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B7ACAD9-8B32-4CE4-8C34-8004D6BACA31 (resized).jpeg
    98C2CB08-6392-41A9-9896-9AD51500C5C9 (resized).jpeg
    20180108_145806 (resized).jpg
    20180108_150206 (resized).jpg
    20180107_131824 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

Galloping Ghost Arcade - Largest arcade in the world !!!! Doc the owner is an encyclopedia of arcade knowledge from the games themselves to the people and companies who make them. They have regular visits by well known designers and industry leaders. Plus Doc and his staff are just awesome folks who love to chat and have a good time.

Thanks
    Blake

1 week later
    #14 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

Galloping Ghost looks to be a bit of a haul on CTA/Metra from the North Side (Rogers Park) where I'll be moving soon, but sounds like it's worth it. Same with Stern. Both the pinball player and the urban/street photographer and architecture fan in me are going to be happy.
    There are a LOT of pinball locations that I see on the maps. Particularly from the Loop area and north. Wouldn't expect anything less from the city where most of these games were made. Already making notes of where to play certain pins I haven't seen in a long time.

there is a great walkthrough vid on youtube from Johns Arcade. Doc Mack takes John through the entire place giving commentary on some of the rarest prototype and unreleased titles in the industry. Super cool if you love vids and the history of the coin op industry.

Thanks
    Blake

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-to-do-in-chicago?tu=Blake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.