Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

magnet.jpg
    84494.jpg
    22.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

The far left "shooter" lane in JD, and the accompanying Air Raid shot. No one would notice if those were gone.

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from superJackpot:

You can fix or drastically reduced this by bending the flap found inside around the corner from the lock entrance. It's positioned above the ball path just before the lock's final resting place. Bending it up or down as required will cause balls that are rejected to bounce down (and still lock) instead of bouncing out and back out the lock entrance.

You can also fix this by putting spacers under the back legs of that same assembly. I used two of those wafer thin washers (that are supposed to sit between the playfield and ball guides) on each leg, and bounce outs went from like 40% to 5%.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from mab487:

I think the ball save on TZ is only for the first ball. You can change (in seconds) how long it is active in adjustments.

By default it's only on the first ball. You can turn it on for the other balls as well.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Interesting I may have to try that could I just use some small washers also?

Yeah, washers will work. (That's essentially what I'm using).

There is some discussion and pics of it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-newbie-restores-twilight-zone

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The "launch ball" button on MM. I hate games that have a fire button that's not even themed with the rest of the game. Give me a gun like IJ or a handle like A13 or something. A button is such a cop out and eliminates any chance of a skill shot.

What was the first game that had launcher that would auto-plunge, when in multiball, and allow self plunging? Scared Stiff?

Edit: I guess Twilight Zone kind of had this, but it was a separate shooter lane. So I'm asking which was the first with both combined.

#196 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I think these default 30 second ball savers are one of the elements that killed pinball on location)

Are you exaggerating here or did pins literally ship with a 30 second ball save time? I'm no expert, but most games I've seen are in the 5 to 7 second range.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-that-suck-on-great-games?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.