Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

magnet.jpg
    84494.jpg
    22.gif

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

On the Hobbit thread, ozno reminded me that the Shire is a lame feature of LOTR, which is an otherwise great game. (I'd add the fork switches to that...)

For me, IJ is my grail pin, but the mode hole bounce out sucks big hairy donkey b@!!$.

So pick a truly great game - if it's your favorite, all the better.

What's the one thing that sucks about it?

#2 9 years ago

On CV the "sideshow" gets really obnoxious & does little for the game.

#3 9 years ago

I put the shire/path of the dead deflector on my LOTR.
    It to out the big pause/wait for the ball time.
    The shire is still kinda dumb.

#4 9 years ago

Any game that doesn't have a skill shot is missing out on an opportunity.

The plunger is a unique "feel" aspect of pinball, and should be used to the fullest.

Half of the games in my collection are missing one. (not missing a plunger, LOL, a skill shot.)

If there were 2.0 releases for all the machines in my collection, the skill shot issue would be remedied simply by disallowing a 1-2-3 lane change until the first 1-2-3 lane switch is registered, at that point, allow for it, when the pops take over and try to help you score another lane.

-mof

#5 9 years ago

The Shadow would be the perfect game if Tim Curry did not play up a silly gay character on the pin (he played a straight character in the movie).

Why make him act gay?? It does not fit the pin or the movie.

#6 9 years ago

THE PRICES, unless of course I am selling them . . .

#7 9 years ago

I cannot express the great love I have for Batman The Dark Knight. But the rotating coffee can has to be the biggest waste of space on any playfield. And don't get me wrong, its not like I hate it or anything. It's just that its there and doesn't really do anything.

But then the crane comes out with its heart pounding music and the coffee can will simply disappear into the game. Meh.

#8 9 years ago

Love LOTR without a doubt but those fork switches on shire & gimli really do suck.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

But the rotating coffee can has to be the biggest waste of space on any playfield.

I don't know how much of a waste it is because it's raised up and not taking away space from anything else, but no doubt it's pretty lame.

#10 9 years ago

Building Jackpots on any number of System 11s

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Goodtry:

Building Jackpots on any number of System 11s

Agree, such a shame there's no way to turn it off. Makes sense for location, but nothing else. (tournament, home)
    -mof

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Agree, such a shame there's no way to turn it off. Makes sense for location, but nothing else. (tournament, home)
    -mof

There isn't? You can set HS jackpot @ 750,000 at least.

#13 9 years ago

The far left "shooter" lane in JD, and the accompanying Air Raid shot. No one would notice if those were gone.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

BK2000 comes to mind

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, you can cap the jackpot to minimize the impact.
    -mof

#16 9 years ago

The mine kickout in Whitewater is very unpredictable. It gets used a lot during regular gameplay and super annoying when it drains the ball without a chance of saving it.

#18 9 years ago

That IJ mode hole thing is easily fixed.

As for me, the bonus multiplier on AFM is basically a waste of time.

#19 9 years ago

Just thought of the cannon blocking the right lanes on ACDC.

On WOZ it's (obviously) the GI and I hate that the ball gets caught up on the shooter lane on a plunge. "Randomizer" my ass.

#20 9 years ago

The lower playfield kind of sucks on ACDC. It looks cool and is interesting at first, but after getting in there a few times, the novelty wears off.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

As for me, the bonus multiplier on AFM is basically a waste of time.

Unless you stack Total Annihilation and Martian Multiball together and manage to keep it all going for at least a couple minutes. Then bonus multiplier isn't so useless when every 1x is worth around 60,000,000 to 100,000,000 points. ; )

Actually, if you want to talk about useless bonus multipliers, BSD comes to mind almost immediately, while the bonus multiplier on Black Rose is so tricky to get you rarely see it... and isn't worth all that much anyways. (Still worth more than on BSD though.) : P

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

The lower playfield kind of sucks on ACDC. It looks cool and is interesting at first, but after getting in there a few times, the novelty wears off.

It's still waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that dude's face on the Pro.

#23 9 years ago

The scoop on TFTC. Game is great, except trying to hit that damn scoop.

#24 9 years ago

BSD outlanes...

TAF outlanes...

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Things that suck on great games.

The high price JJP charges for WoZ and TH. (Because I can't afford either of them.)

#26 9 years ago

The two things which come to mind mind first are the uncovered coil on safe cracker and the whole rushed/unfinished cactus canyon pin itself.

#27 9 years ago

Monster Bash: You can't hold down the left flipper button on a ball launch to activate super skill shots, like you can on AFM & MM. Why not???

#28 9 years ago

I can't stand the hammer on the Metallica LE and premium models.

#29 9 years ago

On WWF Royal Rumble the wizard mode is a pop bumper mode

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

BSD outlanes...
    TAF outlanes...

I dunno... The STTNG stock outlanes are the biggest drain monsters I've, personally, ever seen. Saying they are brutal would be woefully understating the truth.

#32 9 years ago

The T-Rex being finicky with eating the ball on JP. Awesome when it is working properly.

Pin-Bot - outlane drain monster... This is also why I love Pinbot so much though. His plastic heart cannot love, he must be brutal.
    22.gif22.gif

#33 9 years ago

The trunk on TOM breaking all the time I feel like I replace that thing way to often

#34 9 years ago

The video mode on (name any otherwise good pin with a video mode)

#35 9 years ago

Gotta disagree. The video mode on BSD is the best.

#36 9 years ago

Balls getting stuck under the iron monger during multiball when it drops back into the playfield on Iron Man.

#37 9 years ago

Monster Bash: The phantom flip
    Cirqus Voltaire: Pointless video modes (the Amazing Roonie, Copy Cat)
    Stern Star Trek Premium: Ugly translight (thanks to Aurich for making a better one)

#38 9 years ago

I am not in love with the black recognizer pad in Tron as it churns out black streaks all over the playfield. Thankfully there is a fix for it.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

The video mode on (name any otherwise good pin with a video mode

I like the video mode on FishTales.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

The video mode on (name any otherwise good pin with a video mode)

BSD and FT are both pretty fun video modes.

#41 9 years ago

Any game that allows you to steal opponents locked balls, such as Avatar.

#42 9 years ago

I would not use the term suck . But The LORD of the RINGs . Path of the DEAD is not so great .

#43 9 years ago

The video mode in DE Star Wars. It's just a cut scene that gives you points.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

The video mode in DE Star Wars. It's just a cut scene that gives you points.

That is call 'Speeder mode " Not so hot. But the Skill Shot video mode is awesome .

#45 9 years ago

Paragon's Beast's Lair...

#46 9 years ago

I know this doesn't get general agreement, but I can't STAND the stock music for the Rinzler battle in TRON. I was always disappointed that while playing the LE I thought I was in the presence of one of the greatest games ever, and then that damn music would play and just deflate the whole atmosphere. Fixed now obviously with pinball browser, but man that was one sucky thing inside an otherwise amazing machine.

#47 9 years ago

RAMPS!! including under play field ramps. Waist of time waiting for the ball to return to game play. Then they usually deliver the ball nice and slowly to the flippers.........

#48 9 years ago

The video mode on Tommy sucked.

#49 9 years ago

I guess you just play older EM or wood rail machines

#50 9 years ago

The cannon blocking player viewing the right inlane/outlane of AC/DC.

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-that-suck-on-great-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.