Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

What are some things about pinball machines that make zero sense to you?

How putting your initials in some games makes the flippers flip!

Twilight Zone how the “gate “ closes and than opens when it fires from the left lane

Guardians reset a game with ball in Groots mouth it will come out and the magnet will be on

Just stupid stuff like this drives me crazy!

What other things can you think of ?

#2 11 months ago

QC issues from manufacturers for NIB pins, it just seems like it's getting worse by each new release.

#3 11 months ago

Taking deposits for games...
    Not producing games for 2 years, not getting proper UL for shipping games.

No customer service for a 8 to 15k purchase.

#4 11 months ago

Balls that come with NIB games that are rusted and pitted right out of the pack

#5 11 months ago

How about a change machine that is out of order?

#6 11 months ago

People buying (specifically preordering) games they've never seen or played based on theme

#7 11 months ago

That all new pins don’t have headphone jacks by default.

#8 11 months ago

The black stripe on the bottom of Stern cabinets

#9 11 months ago

I think not putting an auto-plunge in Star Wars Episode One was a pretty foolish blunder. I wouldn't say that it literally makes no sense, it's an understandable mistake to make, I suppose.

Some Data East games have two scoops for no reason, which I'd say is bad game design.

It doesn't make sense that the most recent code update for JJP PotC is still only available under the counter and isn't on the website yet.

It doesn't make sense to put pop bumpers in your game and not have them do anything interesting besides knock the ball away.

The upper flipper on Hotdoggin' doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense to base a pinball machine off of a movie that hasn't come out yet and might bomb. (although this changes somewhat if it's a movie that's part of an iconic franchise)

It doesn't make sense to give up the Legend of Zelda license to go after American Gladiators instead.

It doesn't make sense for a family entertainment center to have five pinball machines that are all in disrepair and unplayable when they could sell one and use the proceeds to hire someone to repair the rest.

It doesn't make sense for an operator to comment that they are planning on sending someone over to repair a broken pinball machine on pinballmap and then not do it for over a month.

It doesn't make sense for a player's heart to fill with loathing when the referee at a pinball tournament makes one singular call that they disagree with, but it happens. Too often.

#10 11 months ago

It doesn't make sense that people complain so much.

#11 11 months ago

Pinstadiums on a JJP! That's worse than new wipers on a broken windshield for me!

#12 11 months ago

It doesn’t make sense that Stern’s fake/simulated knocker sounds nothing like a knocker.

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

I think not putting an auto-plunge in Star Wars Episode One was a pretty foolish blunder. I wouldn't say that it literally makes no sense, it's an understandable mistake to make, I suppose.

It’s pretty annoying if you have RFM and you want to be able to swap in and out easily. Plus it’s strange when you’re in a Multiball and the game plops a ball into the shooter lane while you’re playing (I guess I could turn off MB ball save to avoid that).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/things-that-make-no-sense and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.