Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 763 posts
  • 256 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Libertine_bm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430565.jpg
    8b30e3f75426d5c9a5b76a9c033295d6.gif
    ghf.jpg
    super-computer-nerd.jpeg
    angey_driver.jpg
    Pimp_Bitch_Pay_Up.jpeg
    WutDa.jpg
    no.gif
    image.jpg
    TeddyKGB_PAYTHATMANHISMONEY.gif
    gary.jpg
    Pay_Up_Bitch.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 763 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
    #601 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks for the response.......seriously. I am open to any thoughts you may have on how to handle this in a more constructive manner. So you basically believe that just because I posted something you don't like, that a man can essentially rob someone? Is this a Canadian thing because in my head it makes no sense......

Have you called the local police department in Kevin's town? This is theft after all.

#602 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

In the amount of time it took for you to type this garbage, you could have actually made progress getting your money back.

I think by typing all that "garbage", he probably did make progress in some way or the other.

#603 8 years ago

Ok, I admit it. I'm addicted to this tread! I see the green with a number and get all excited wondering if on of the responses on it was Kevin. I know it won't be, but I already refreshed, so I need to look...

#604 8 years ago

TeddyKGB_PAYTHATMANHISMONEY.gifTeddyKGB_PAYTHATMANHISMONEY.gif

#605 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I admit it. I'm addicted to this tread! I see the green with a number and get all excited wondering if on of the responses on it was Kevin. I know it won't be, but I already refreshed, so I need to look...

Wouldn't you be more excited if you sold your WOZ? Maybe you already did. Wish you were closer. Great price. GLWS.

#606 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

The U.S. Judicial system is a process. Just because you're on this forum venting your anger and frustration does not mean you haven't already started the necessary legal steps to move this forward. It is not mutually exclusive.
    To put it into some perspective, if you lose $3600 because of a mistake or an unfortunate situation, it's a horrible feeling. Imagine how much worse it is when someone actively stole that from you. There's a big difference. How you lost that money does matter.

People want the system to work so badly, they want to believe that there is justice............All they need to do is think about the thousands that JPOP & Predator Kevin took. The funny thing is neither one of those guys have even apologized. Great system!

#607 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#608 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

In before the lock.

#609 8 years ago

Pimp_Bitch_Pay_Up.jpegPimp_Bitch_Pay_Up.jpeg

#610 8 years ago

Disgusting threat thread. Nice to see Pinside rules in action...

#611 8 years ago

no.gifno.gif
    So why are you sitting there typing on a forum? Shouldn't you be driving?

#612 8 years ago

People want the system to work so badly, they want to believe that there is justice............All they need to do is think about the thousands that JPOP & Predator Kevin took. The funny thing is neither one of those guys have even apologized. Great system!

You know what to do. You've done the legal research. Just follow through. Get the judgment first.

#613 8 years ago

sorry, I need to stfu. The rums talking

#614 8 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Hill_Pimp.jpeg

WutDa.jpgWutDa.jpg

#615 8 years ago

When I talked to him yesterday, he said he was going to pay the op. I told him he needed to ASAP. He was concerned the op would lie & say he never received the check. I encouraged him to send a certified check over night using FedEx, requiring a signature by the op.
    I then encouraged him to come on pinside & share his side of the story. He told me he was holding the money to basically mess with op. He was very reluctant at the notion of discussing this on pinside.

For the record. I'm trying to help the op because whether he did wrong or not to Kevin, he deserves his $money$! This whole situation goes away if/when Kevin refunds the op his $money$. A very simple solution to this shit storm! Give him HIS $MONEY$ BACK!

#616 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

When I talked to him yesterday, he said he was going to pay the op. I told him he needed to & that ASAP. He was concerned the op would lie & say he never received the check. I encouraged him to send a certified check over night using FedEx, requiring a signature by the op.
    I then encouraged him to come on pinside & share his side of the story. He told me he was holding the money to basically mess with op. He was very reluctant at the notion of discussing this on pinside.
    For the record. I'm trying to help the op because whether he did wrong or not to Kevin, he deserves his $money$! This whole situation goes away if/when Kevin refunds the op his $money$. A very simple solution to this shit storm! Give him HIS $MONEY$ BACK!

I sure everyone appreciates your effort, but it's only Kevin that can help himself.

#617 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

He told me he was holding the money to basically mess with op.

Quoted from Zampinator:

holding the money to basically mess with op.

Fuck em, dude is an asshole through and through

#618 8 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Have you called the local police department in Kevin's town? This is theft after all.

Called the Indiana State police for advice. Hung up when they asked if I wanted to file a report. Shelburn is so small they don't have a police force. They roll up under Sullivan county. This is no mans land.

#619 8 years ago

Whoop his ass.

#620 8 years ago

Called the Indiana State police for advice. Hung up when they asked if I wanted to file a report. Shelburn is so small they don't have a Police Force. They roll up under Sullivan county. This is no mans land.

Seems silly to me. Why wouldn't you file a report regardless of what jurisdiction?

#621 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I sure everyone appreciates your effort, but it's only Kevin that can help himself.

I agree, I've done & said all I can. Its up to Kevin to do the right/ethical thing.

#622 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

Wouldn't you be more excited if you sold your WOZ? Maybe you already did. Wish you were closer. Great price. GLWS.

I'm playing it until it sells (almost melted the witch yesterday!). But you can be sure that when I do sell it the person will get the game or keep their money... because that's how it works... Right Kevin? Hello? Kevin??? Is this thing on?

#623 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

Fuck em, dude is an asshole through and through

Sounds like his excuse will be something like "tried to ship the pin had issues, DK threatened me, so I decided I'd keep his money" Either way you don't just take someones money, not deliver the product then not return the money. Even if you were threatened just end the situation and give back the money.

#624 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

no.gif
    So why are you sitting there typing on a forum? Shouldn't you be driving?

I agree, but I Live 15hrs away. I have taken a week off of work in the near future, don't worry I am going.

#625 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ha! Nope, cross that one out. i'd buy him a beer.

Well shit there goes my guess. I'll take that beer and return the favor though.

#626 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

He told me he was holding the money to basically mess with op.

OP is definitely somebody I would want to mess with.

#627 8 years ago

Go get him!!angey driver.jpgangey driver.jpg

#628 8 years ago

Hope the OP gets his money. I've come close to buying several times on Pinside. Really nervous about doing that now. This is just a reminder that this kind of crap can happen to anyone.

Was this a gentleman's agreement or was there an actual Bill of Sale? Just sold my "98 Fatboy for about the price of an expensive pin. Had a Bill of Sale. With a Bill of Sale, I assume I could march right down to my Police Department and file a claim for theft, but I am not a lawyer.

Maybe future transactions should have a Bill of Sale and Buyers should insist Sellers take Paypal even though there will be the small transaction fee (Seller should assume). If it was Paypal, a buyer could reverse the charge. If Sellers are afraid of Buyers reversing charges all the time, they shouldn't if they disclose on the Bill of Sale an accurate description of the game. Cash could be used by anyone picking up a game in person...

#629 8 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

OP is definitely somebody I would want to mess with.

super-computer-nerd.jpegsuper-computer-nerd.jpeg

#630 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

When I talked to him yesterday, he said he was going to pay the op. I told him he needed to ASAP. He was concerned the op would lie & say he never received the check. I encouraged him to send a certified check over night using FedEx, requiring a signature by the op.

Thank You for your continued effort. It's obvious he is stalling, he is questioning my honesty.....pretty silly......Like I fucking want to be here posting about this shit. I would rather be discussing how GOT art sucks. You are right, he could have avoided this and I warned him multiple times it would go down this path. I cannot wait to see his face when I am standing in front of him. The sad part is, given the attention span of this forum, they would forget this in a week. All he has to do is send me a check. It's so stupid as every bank has a image of every check cashed. I have his signature on my check he cashed if I have to take him to court. Don't give up, sometimes it takes an army.

#631 8 years ago

This thread is sad. Hope you get paid. Hate assholes that steal.

#632 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Poor excuse. The proof of it being cashed will be the cashed check. This is nothing but an excuse.

Edit: The OP posted this while I was reading and typing.

#633 8 years ago

So what I have deduced from this long story of twists and turns is that OP has severe tough guy syndrome and said some stuff to this Kevin guy that he probably shouldn't have. Kevin got really butthurt about it and now is being a jackass slimebag about getting the money back because he's a little worm who's getting off on OP raging. Tough guy and little worms are like fire and ice and just do not go together very well.

That said, do I think OP is a bad guy who deserved any of this? Absolutely not! I think this Kevin dude just needs to step up and be a man and just give the money back. I think Kevin has realized if he gets on here and tells us about how OP threatened him we will all say it was no excuse to play with another man's money.

Perhaps both parties need to make some kind of truce, because it seems apologies are needed somewhat on both sides. My suggestion would be for OP to step up and be the bigger man and offer the olive leaf.

I am willing to bet if you texted Kevin and told him something like "hey man, this has gone on long enough. I realize I flew off the handle and it wasn't right. I truly apologize for that and I hope we can just bury the hatchet and put this behind us" it would go a long way. I realize it would suck to have to do that, but I think it would be a good showing of character on your part OP, and hopefully it will work and you can take solace that I still think it would be hard for Kevin to show his face around here again.

I just want to add this edit- I am not trying to insult you OP, and I have no sympathy for the guy who took your money. I am totally on your side. But...I think this strategy might be helpful for you.

#634 8 years ago

Kevin should never be allowed to show his face around anything pinball related ever again.

I truly hope the local pinheads completely shut him out

#635 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Seems silly to me. Why wouldn't you file a report regardless of what jurisdiction?

It is all getting offically filed next week.....I only found out that he sold the Pin Tuesday afternoon. And I spent all week educating myself on the law. I was also hoping we could resolve this.

RI Attorney General
    RI Small claims court
    RI State Police
    FBI
    Private Investagotor in Indiana so he cannot hide. He has a past.....
    Indiana Attorney General
    Indiana State Police
    Sullivan Sheriff department
    Indiana small claims court.

#637 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

So what I have deduced from this long story of twists and turns is that OP has severe tough guy syndrome and said some stuff to this Kevin guy that he probably shouldn't have. Kevin got really butthurt about it and now is being a jackass slimebag about getting the money back because he's a little worm who's getting off on OP raging. Tough guy and little worms are like fire and ice and just do not go together very well.
    That said, do I think OP is a bad guy who deserved any of this? Absolutely not! I think this Kevin dude just needs to step up and be a man and just give the money back. I think Kevin has realized if he gets on here and tells us about how OP threatened him we will all say it was no excuse to play with another man's money.
    Perhaps both parties need to make some kind of truce, because it seems apologies are needed somewhat on both sides. My suggestion would be for OP to step up and be the bigger man and offer the olive leaf.
    I am willing to bet if you texted Kevin and told him something like "hey man, this has gone on long enough. I realize I flew off the handle and it wasn't right. I truly apologize for that and I hope we can just bury the hatchet and put this behind us" it would go a long way. I realize it would suck to have to do that, but I think it would be a good showing of character on your part OP, and hopefully it will work and you can take solace that I still think it would be hard for Kevin to show his face around here again.

WTf??? No. That is just back asswards. Kevin should pay back the money. The OP shouldn't be bowing down to a thief. Stupid.

#638 8 years ago

Buzz, you are my favorite!.......lol.
    Guys to be clear, I have never had a drink in my life or ever done drugs........
    Edited to appear intelligent.........

i never trust a man that doesn't drink.

#639 8 years ago
    Quoted from jchiu:

The U.S. Judicial system is a process. Just because you're on this forum venting your anger and frustration does not mean you haven't already started the necessary legal steps to move this forward. It is not mutually exclusive.
    To put it into some perspective, if you lose $3600 because of a mistake or an unfortunate situation, it's a horrible feeling. Imagine how much worse it is when someone actively stole that from you. There's a big difference. How you lost that money does matter.

Maybe a few scammers getting the tar beat out of them during the process wouldn't necessary be a bad thing.

#640 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I am perfectly willing to put down my tough man complex and apologize for anything I did wrong. I was fucking pissed, he lied for 1.5 months. What the fuck was I suppose to do, grab a care bear and hug it out??

#641 8 years ago

kick the shit out of him.

#642 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

WTf??? No. That is just back asswards. Kevin should pay back the money. The OP shouldn't be bowing down to a thief. Stupid.

I hear what you're saying. It's not the way it should work. But I bet it would. Just like with pinball, its not always about force, but about finesse. Yeah, it would suck to have to bow down after being taken for a ride like this, but it would be a real stand up move. Sometimes being a man isn't just about showing your muscles.

Once again, I have no sympathy for this guy who took the money, it wasn't right no matter what the situation. But I can tell you this, if anybody threatened my family I sure as hell wouldn't take it lightly, and I'm willing to bet nobody else here would either.

#643 8 years ago

Run him over with your Hellcat.

#644 8 years ago

What the fuck was I suppose to do, grab a care bear and hug it out??

8b30e3f75426d5c9a5b76a9c033295d6.gif8b30e3f75426d5c9a5b76a9c033295d6.gif

#645 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

kick the shit out of him.

Can I borrow your Hell Cat? It would give me a solid alibi.

#646 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Good lord. Seriously? Have you ever dealt with people like this? Do you really think this idiot Kevin is just withholding money because he feels threatened or is worried about this or that?

He's just buying time trying to figure out what to do so he wont have to pay back the $. You think once it goes into a bank account it's simple for him just to give it back. It's hard enough getting the grass trimmer back from your neighbor.

The guy is obviously an idiot. If youre going to scam someone, why are you still texting everyone including the OP, the subsequent buyer, several other Pinsiders???

Why? Because he obviously have machines on route and everyone in Indiana and all surrounding states now know about him doing this. Plus, people know his real name, where he lives, where he banks, the car he drives.

Guess what? Your delay tactics arent going to work forever. And this guy certainly doesnt have the funds to fly to Switzerland... $3800 aint going to make it (well, maybe in coach).

All his excuses are red herrings. And theyre bad ones too. He's the M. Night Shamalyan of the pinball world.

#647 8 years ago

430565.jpg430565.jpg

#648 8 years ago

I am perfectly willing to put down my tough man complex and apologize for anything I did wrong. I was fucking pissed, he lied for 1.5 months. What the fuck was I suppose to do, grab a care bear and hug it out??

Lol no man, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you should try this angle now. You don't have to be his best bud. You don't even have to like the guy (I sure as hell wouldn't). Just text him and level with him. I'm sure he's sick of all this too. If he still wants to be an asshole after that, then I'll gladly grab a pitchfork and join the angry mob with you!

#649 8 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hear what you're saying. It's not the way it should work. But I bet it would. Just like with pinball, its not always about force, but about finesse. Yeah, it would suck to have to bow down after being taken for a ride like this, but it would be a real stand up move. Sometimes being a man isn't just about showing your muscles.
    Once again, I have no sympathy for this guy who took the money, it wasn't right no matter what the situation. But I can tell you this, if anybody threatened my family I sure as hell wouldn't take it lightly, and I'm willing to bet nobody else here would either.

You do realize I spoke and texted this guy for two months kissing his ass and apologizing for everything. The nicer I was the more he thought he could lie and fuck me over. I NEVER THREATENED HIS FAMILY! He doesn't even have one.

#650 8 years ago

You do realize I spoke and texted this guy for two months kissing his ass and apologizing for everything. The nicer I was the more he thought he could lie and fuck me over. I NEVER THREATENED HIS FAMILY! He doesn't even have one.

He's a eunuch?

There are 763 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thief-indiana-pinhead-kevin-gaskins/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.