3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 763 posts
  • 256 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Libertine_bm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430565.jpg
    8b30e3f75426d5c9a5b76a9c033295d6.gif
    ghf.jpg
    super-computer-nerd.jpeg
    angey_driver.jpg
    Pimp_Bitch_Pay_Up.jpeg
    WutDa.jpg
    no.gif
    image.jpg
    TeddyKGB_PAYTHATMANHISMONEY.gif
    gary.jpg
    Pay_Up_Bitch.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 763 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
    #1 3 years ago

First let me start by saying I am posting this to warn people about a specific pinhead on Pinside, Kevin Gaskins, but also to remind people of the trash that exists in our country and on this forum. You may remember an Ad posted about 2 months ago for a TFLE for sale in Indiana for $3800. The seller Kevin Gaskins, cashed my check and never delivered a pin. In fact he sold the pin to another pinsider In Michigan. He lied to me and the shipping company I sent to pick up the pin and when we finally agreed to change shippers, he lied about setting up shipping With Michelle Bianchi of Precision numerous times. This guy is classic American scum. The first time, he lied and told me the pin shipped, but it never did. I lost it and was literally on my way to visit him in Indiana. The second time he told me the pin was shipping, but had never finalized a pick up with Michelle.......The fool had the nerve to flat out continue to lie on the phone when I caught him dead in the lie. In the end, he could not produce pictures of the pin, which confirms the tip I received was correct......he sold it. I contacted the Indiana state police and although they said, I would have to take him to small claims court, they stated that the check he cashed is a contract and whoever eventually bought the pin from him is the owner of stolen property, which they can confiscate. The sad part about this story is I actually looked up this guy on Pinside and he has shipped and sold many pins on here. Why he is screwing me out if $3800 is beyond me. But warning to all, this kid is a piece of shit! Kevin, here is your chance to defend yourself......No activity since you sold the TFLE to me.....odd isn't it??

image_3.jpg

#2 3 years ago

The popcorn is popping.

#3 3 years ago

This pin has for some reason seen a lot of action. He had told me about it some 4 months ago, told him I would take it, but then never heard back from him. Not sure whats going on.

#4 3 years ago

I remember that pin I was gonna buy it . Sorry u are dealing with this bud hopefully it gets straighten out as we dont need this in our community.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I remember that pin I was gonna buy it . Sorry u are dealing with this bud hopefully it gets straighten out as we dont need this in our community.

If I get my money back, this post will be removed. I like to consider myself a forgiving person as I believe we all make mistakes, but my patience is quickly running thin.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If I get my money back, this post will be removed. I like to consider myself a forgiving person as I believe we all make mistakes, but my patience is quickly running thin.

I completely agree with that also

#7 3 years ago

Sorry to hear your woes. Unfortunately (or fortunately) whoever bought your pin is off the hook. If they purchased the pin under a good faith belief they were doing so from the legal owner, it's likely theres to keep. So forget about getting it back, focus on small claims court. I won in small claims court once, for a similar amount, it felt great! Good luck!

#8 3 years ago

What is it with pinball and guys named Kevin.......

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Sorry to hear your woes. Unfortunately (or fortunately) whoever bought your pin is off the hook. If they purchased the pin under a good faith belief they were doing so from the legal owner, it's likely theres to keep. So forget about getting it back, focus on small claims court. I won in small claims court once, for a similar amount, it felt great! Good luck!

not if he paid for it first, if the OP paid first, it legally belongs to him at that point, current owner (possessor) would have to prove that he paid for it first and then it was just fraud on behalf of the seller

plus possession laws vary by state and if any state lines were crossed there could be federal issues... all in all it could get messy... but the dollar amount isn't high enough to interest most DAs I would imagine

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

That's actually not true, the buyer is off the hook regarding criminal charges, but they don't actually own the pin. Think of this case as a car and the law becomes much clearer. At least that is what the state trooper told me. They take things back from pawn shops all the time. You cannot buy or sell stollen goods period! Off course every thing in the law is Complicated and no point in discussing it as you are right, small claims court is the way to go. I am not looking to take a pin away from anyone, whoever bought it I would hope was not aware. I just want to make them aware of the situation, imagine if it was one of Kevin's friends.....

#11 3 years ago

Can you issue a stop payment on the check, also you mailed the check, so it falls under mail fraud as well.. I would contact your bank asap

#12 3 years ago

I remember this pin for sale too.....what scum.....hope u get your money back

#13 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I don't know this particular Indiana pinhead, but I'll keep this info in mind if I buy anything from someone in my state.

I really hope you get this resolved soon.

#14 3 years ago

Ripping people off is pretty bad. Although $3800 for a TFLE should have been the first clue that this is 'too good to be true'.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If I get my money back, this post will be removed.

Don't do that. (Unless you literally meant "this post" as in post #5 in the thread.)

Leave your original post up, and post a detailed timeline of how it shakes out. If everything thus far has indeed gone as you posted (like the guy flat-out telling you it shipped) then this isn't a simple mistake on the seller's part, and potential future buyers need to know about it.

#16 3 years ago

I guess this guy really enjoys screwing Americans out of their hard earned pay.......Not to get political, but we have become a country who protects criminals, sad, but true.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#17 3 years ago

This totally sucks! He will get what he deserves one day. Karma is a bitch.

#18 3 years ago

I am sorry to hear about this. Be glad to know that not all Hoosiers are this way.

#19 3 years ago

The above discussion is from this thread.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/windsor-engine-parts/826108-shelby-500-me-thief-scammer.html

His Pinside user name is kevgascan.

#20 3 years ago

what is this person's Pinside name?

#21 3 years ago

If the address he gave you is correct you should go visit him. Wish I lived closer would love to help you put a little pressure on this guy.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

what is this person's Pinside name?

Kevgascan

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#24 3 years ago

I'm trying to copy my PM's from KEVGASCAN & post them here. I just deleted my original comments. Can anyone explain to me how to copy a screen(pm's) & paste them here, as the op has done above.

I'll say again. I bought this pin, unaware of any double sale. I think what KEVGASCAN has done is Bull Shit! I will help the OP in any & every way I can to help him get his $ back!20150819_142956.jpg

#25 3 years ago

Nevermind.

#26 3 years ago

wow what a lowlife. Good news though is it seems the person who bought it is a stand up guy. Good luck

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Good news though is it seems the person who bought it is a stand up guy.

Yes, he is.

#28 3 years ago

I had a BSD that he did not describe well and after I drove 2 hours bought anyway because I hated to leave empty handed.

If it helps, I have his address.

#29 3 years ago

It's really sad when a person decides to go rouge. I purchased a pin from Kevin earlier this year and things were actually fine. The pin was shipped so I never met him, but I did speak with him on the phone a few times and he seemed like a regular person and helpful with the shippers.

I hope this gets resolved, but this appears to be a case of theft, and at the very least, Kevin needs to repay the OP, ASAP!

#30 3 years ago

Kevin got a 'free' game from me and seemed like an OK guy, but it's hard for someone to scam you when you are giving them something, so that's not really useful. I'm sure the OP has his address, as he mailed him a check.

I've posted a link to this thread to the Indiana Pinball Players League mailing list, as well as posted it on the Hoosier Arcade & Coin Op Collectors group on Facebook, urging anyone who knows Kevin to get him to come forward and straighten this mess out.

#31 3 years ago

I picked a game up from Kevin for another Pinsider last year at about this time as I delivered it to expo for him. He seemed like a good dude at the time, but obviously glad I haven't made any deals with him at this point. Hope you are able to get this resolved.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

It's really sad when a person decides to go rouge. I purchased a pin from Kevin earlier this year and things were actually fine. The pin was shipped so I never met him, but I did speak with him on the phone a few times and he seemed like a regular person and helpful with the shippers.
    I hope this gets resolved, but this appears to be a case of theft, and at the very least, Kevin needs to repay the OP, ASAP!

nothing worse than going "rouge" If your skin isn't used to makep it can clog your pores.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

I bought the pin. Paid cash, was honestly not aware of this! This is bullshit! I feel bad for you, I'll do whatever I can to help.

20150819_142956.jpg

That sucks but is awesome to see the integrity of others shine through. If things don't work out to where you both wind up getting taken care of let me offer up to donate to the cause to help ya'll out. I don't have much $$$ now due to some life situations but I'll commit to $20 if someone set's up something to help you two out.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

That sucks but is awesome to see the integrity of others shine through. If things don't work out to where you both wind up getting taken care of let me offer up to donate to the cause to help ya'll out. I don't have much $$$ now due to some life situations but I'll commit to $20 if someone set's up something to help you two out.

This is awesome and why I joined Pinside. The community looks out for each other and in the majority of situations, the people are great.

The OP is a great guy, willing to help anyone because of his love for Pinball. He's delivered a couple of games to me even though it was 2 hours away and barely made any money off the transactions. Anyone who has dealt with him knows his strong moral compass and unyielding character. Unfortunately his trust in people has now been compromised.

#35 3 years ago

Another "Kevin" that's a pinball scammer, liar, thief, POS, etc? Yikes

#36 3 years ago

I bought Kevgascan's BBH back in Nov 2014. It was in absolutely beautiful condition. I did not get the vibe he was any kind of scammer or thief at all. Of course, that may change when you go "cash only," as I took cash and one of my friends as I do with nearly any transaction where I do not know the individual I am doing business with.

I hope Kevin can come explain this situation. He did seem like a genuinely good person, and while I do side with the OP as of now, I am keeping an open mind until I hear Kevin's side. I sure hope he didn't "go rogue" on the community. Seemed like a very straight-forward guy.

I am sorry for what you are going through, OP. Definitely not a cool thing to have to go through, and I hope for a quick and speedy resolution for you.

#37 3 years ago

I just texted him, maybe we can get all this cleared up.

#38 3 years ago

Sounds like progress is being made. Great.

#39 3 years ago

I'm just holding out for a case of an honest mistake and bad communication.

#40 3 years ago

Well i never question when I have an extra $3800 in the bank... ................Joey

#41 3 years ago

Agree, dont like anything to go bad, especially in my state.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I would like to believe this as well, especially being a friend of the OP.. but I cannot see any way possible it is.. the check was cashed and the game was sold to another person... The OP has been in limbo for 2 months.. plus the seller told the OP the game had shipped, which clearly it did not..

#43 3 years ago

Next time, be sure to use an IES to make sure you don't get ripped off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

#44 3 years ago

How do I copy what is on my computer screen & paste it? I would like to copy my PM conversation with KEVGASVAN/
    Thank you.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

I highly doubt that. "Honestly, I forgot all about the extra $3800. In my bank account and the numerous times I talked to the op" It's because of people like this I only buy what I can pickup in person.

#46 3 years ago

Vid, you have a guide for everything.

#47 3 years ago

Sorry man that sucks..for every scum bag there are a 1000 good guys in this hobby, get a Pinsider from that area to help locate the bum and pay him a visit.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

How do I copy what is on my computer screen & paste it? I would like to copy my PM conversation with KEVGASVAN/
    Thank you.

Pinside 101, keep PMs in a PM

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

How do copy what is on your computer screen & paste it? I would like to copy my PM conversation with KEVGASVAN/
    Thank you.

If using Windows, highlight the text using your mouse and press either right-click and select Copy or press Ctrl+C. Then go to the reply window for this thread and right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl+V.

Hopefully, this will get resolved. The pinball community is too small for stuff like this to take place and not get resolved.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Thank you.

Press the ALT and Print Screen buttons at the same time and you will get a screenshot of your active windows. Then open Paint and paste the screenshot and then save the picture. Now you can attach the picture in a reply here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 64.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,000.00
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 92.00
    $ 269.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 763 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside