Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

double.gif
    4b69fa75e6c62303e1dfadd587839b27 (resized).jpg
    96854C81-0113-45CD-B948-457DFCB619D4 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.04.24 AM (resized).png
    20200215083500_20200215084000_0_thumb (resized).jpg
    20200215065500_20200215070000_0_thumb (resized).jpg
    Resized_20200213_132845 (resized).jpeg
    tenor5.gif
    e037b07f7ee3f1bef0ef1b4f9138418a--miami-memes (resized).jpg
    765BB5AB-FDC4-4BA1-B17C-4DE7E8C41AEC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200204_205341 (resized).jpg
    suspicious (resized).jpg
    2E44488E-BC52-4EBA-87DC-77BFFD412D2D (resized).jpeg
    32162D0F-F18F-4529-AC0F-F34B2F475D35 (resized).jpeg
    BD4B54AB-F3F0-4602-908C-DDF7343DA054 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeraptor2003.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Real smart having high tech surveillance equipment to monitor your stuff.
    Leaving things you want to keep in the driveway in front of your house, not so much.

It was a bad battery that was pretty much stopping my trailer from rolling but yes you make a valid (though kinda of douchey lol) point.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I have been reading about this Ring doorbell seeing the action going on.
    Someone got kidnapped a few weeks ago. Ring got the voice of a girl screaming for help. Nobody knew who she was or the driver of the car who kidnapped her. I have not heard anything else about here.
    And now this guy stealing is a battery. Can anybody identify him? I sure can't. Did you get your battery back? How about his license tag?
    It looks to me it might be helpful if someone actually rings your doorbell and gets close enough to the camera so you can see who the perp is.
    But if I wanted video security, I think I would get something else.

As you can see the clarity is there and I actually have seen this loser around at 711 a few times..on top of which I was able to identify his vehicle which is a Green Suzuki Vitara. How many of those do you see around?
    So yes it did help out with the police ..and I know most of the cops in my town so it's just a matter of time before he gets caught. While the Ring does have its limitations..it does help and better than nothing at all.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What a dickhead! I thought it was odd he would somehow see that battery. You guys are right. He’s casing the trailer and just takes the battery because the guys an asshole.
    Joe, would you say something to him if you saw him again, or just let the police handle it?

The cops around here are pretty vigil so I would let them deal with him.. push came to shove though..he would be in a world of shit. Trust me on that.

There is no more privacy folks.... you can disable one device..but then another device takes it place.. Your Phone is your worst culprit. I once tried to count how many cameras I walked by that I knew of from my house to the train to Penn Station in NYC... I gave up after 30. Cameras are everywhere. Someone gave me an Alexa device for Christmas.. I threw it out.

It's going to be totally unavoidable soon. Everything will be integrated. From you smart TV to your driverless car...

#68 4 years ago

Easy there Tiger! haha ..yes I figured that out afterwards... but thank you for your looking deeper into it.
    I was almost able to get a shot of his plate with your screenshot.
    And BTW..my other two cars are Hondas..

Quoted from orangegsx:

As the owner of a green crv I just have to clear this up. This is more in line with the behavior of a suzuki xl7 owner. Don’t put this evil on honda owners.
    Also the dude got five bucks for your battery on recycle. I actually find it convenient that I can throw old batts in my alley driveway and they disappear by morning.... tweakers...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
    #125 4 years ago

So A few days ago..I went to the local deli to get an egg sandwich.. as I was getting back into my car..
    this Green Suzuki pulls into the parking lot.
    I am like..you gotta be kidding me.really?!?
    It's the same guy
    Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.04.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.04.24 AM (resized).png

I was in such a good mood too...now I have to confront this asshole...
    So I pull up the video on my phone...I walk into the deli and I ask him if the person in the video looked familair...

At that point a lot of nervous chatter came out of his mouth and he proceeded to turn white.
    Believe it or not I really felt bad for him at that point. He was really scared. Legs shaking and stuff.
    So many other things ran through my head.
    But, Instead I walked out and I snapped the picture of his plate.
    I let him see me take the picture. I looked him again he understood from that point on.
    He won't be coming 'round no more.

I gave the picture to the cops..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeraptor2003.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thief-caught-on-my-ring-camera-?tu=joeraptor2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.