Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

double.gif
    4b69fa75e6c62303e1dfadd587839b27 (resized).jpg
    96854C81-0113-45CD-B948-457DFCB619D4 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.04.24 AM (resized).png
    20200215083500_20200215084000_0_thumb (resized).jpg
    20200215065500_20200215070000_0_thumb (resized).jpg
    Resized_20200213_132845 (resized).jpeg
    tenor5.gif
    e037b07f7ee3f1bef0ef1b4f9138418a--miami-memes (resized).jpg
    765BB5AB-FDC4-4BA1-B17C-4DE7E8C41AEC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200204_205341 (resized).jpg
    suspicious (resized).jpg
    2E44488E-BC52-4EBA-87DC-77BFFD412D2D (resized).jpeg
    32162D0F-F18F-4529-AC0F-F34B2F475D35 (resized).jpeg
    BD4B54AB-F3F0-4602-908C-DDF7343DA054 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasenwm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 4 years ago

I don't understand why people are so paranoid about the government spying on them? If the government is spying on you you will not know it. Also you are not important. I am not important. People won't have a Amazon Alexa or a camera because ''The Government'' yet you will put your entire life, where you live, phone number,job everything on Facebook. No one cares about me, I'm a no one. I doubt the government cares about anything I do besides if I pay my taxes.

I would recommend everyone own at least one firearm, have a alarm for your home and a big dog is always a good deterrent. I own firearms have a alarm,cameras,ring door bell and have two Great Danes and Doberman. People walk across the street to avoid walking past my house.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Especially, completely avoidable, petty crime like some dumba$$ homeowner leaving a battery in plain view, in his driveway that of course, eventually gets stolen by some brokea$$ punk for the $5 or $10 recycle fee at walmart so he can buy a pack of smokes.
    Similar to people not locking their car doors when parked at home in their driveway and then calling police because someone "broke into their car" and stole something. LOL
    Cops can't fix stupid.

People have no accountability. I like the someone broke into my car complaint. No noone ''broke into your car'' they opened your unlocked door. I had stuff taken out of my car one time when I was 16 years old,because I didn't lock my door. Since then I have locked my door EVERYTIME, I'm now 43. The excuse of I forgot is not an excuse. You have to literly look at the lock button when you open the door, its less then a inch from your finger. I have been in Law enforcement for 15 years and have only seen one car window smashed on a locked vehicle because the person had cash laying on the seat in plain view. People need to help themselves instead of expecting the police to solve every problem that can be prevented with a little effort by them. Rant over.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Theft does not require 'breaking and entering'
    Theft is theft.

My point was people are careless and don't do the simple things that will prevent them being a victim, ie locking doors.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Yes, if the doors were unlocked, you invited them inside. If you left your keys in it then absolutely YES, you invited them to take it. I wouldn't even call that stealing. I'd call that borrowing or just taking.
    I doubt they were specifically targeting your exact make and model. They took it because you made it easy for them and they needed a ride home. Sorry but true.

People often tell me ''well people shouldn't commit crimes, they have no right to go into my vehicle just because it's unlocked. I totally agree with this but you can either cry about how people should act or take action to make yourself less likely to be a victim. I'm only talking about car break ins , 99.9% of the times it's teenage kids walking around checking for unlocked doors. Crime of oppertunity. Most times they just get some spare change but once in a while someone will leave valubles,cash or the best one I had was people leaving the key fob to start the car in the car and the car gets stolen. No people shouldn't steal other people's things but they do, that's reality.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But did you even read this thread?
    The OP isn't "crying" about anything. He just posted a video of some asshole stealing a $10 trailer chock from his driveway, and then let us know about how the story ended up, with him confronting the guy at a bagel store.
    It was mildly entertaining and we all moved on with our lives, until the "YOU MORONS ARE ASKING FOR IT!!!" brigade showed up. Like, what's the point? It's not like he left his brand new La-Z-boy on the sidewalk, or his wife's best jewelry in the driveway.
    Is the argument that he should be so ashamed of his stupidity he shouldn't have posted the video here? Or that he deserved to lose a dead battery and we should be celebrating the perpetrator, and perhaps contributing to his legal defense?
    In classic Big style, "I don't get it."

I'm speaking in general,and not even about the OP story, did you read my comment or just repost it? I for one don't blame the OP at all, I don't think he was careless in leaving a battery in his driveway. The battery was behind a trailer and far in the driveway. I'm surprised anyone could even notice it.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a brilliant unimpeachable point and we appreciate you making it.

Protect and serve my friend,protect and serve it's what I do. You are welcome.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jasenwm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thief-caught-on-my-ring-camera-?tu=Jasenwm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.