PXL_20230210_032941957.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20230210_032903290.MP (resized).jpg
08973BD0-3845-4663-93D8-BFAE0B7E1999 (resized).jpeg
106F2E9B-9175-4FEA-96C1-674D4ED52F3E (resized).jpeg
3CB8B6E1-FC94-40B3-AE15-ED2183AD2353 (resized).jpeg
20220629_103625 (resized).jpg
16419450009361159971640059273153 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220109_060933388 (resized).jpg
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 7 years ago

Back by popular demand! New designs soon to be added, as well as other MODs, so check back often; here, and at:

My Pinside shop (most updated):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1039-metal-mods/by-category/341-playfield-decals

My website (needs updating):
http://www.metal-mods.com

Or feel free to email me at:
[email protected]

I want to thank Jean-Luc-Picard for all of his help in getting this going for me. Without him, you'd be ordering via an old Sears catalog and paying via money order or blue chip stamps lol.

Following are installation instructions and pictures, as well as pictures of final product installed:

decal_1_(resized).jpgdecal_1_(resized).jpg
(+) FINISHED PRODUCT
1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 1 - peel off the decal
3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 2 - Get some windex
2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 3 - Mist the back side of the decal. The more windex, the longer you can slide your decal
4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 4 - Apply the decals, you can slide it around till it lines up. Make sure the decal is free of bubbles.
5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 5 - Grab the out ring. I would recommend not spraying, or misting extremely light. This part you want the decal to stick quickly. If it is too wet, you will have a hard time getting the decal to make the corner. If you put too much on anyway, no worry just blow on it and it will evaporate fast.
6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 6 - Apply one end first. "The spot facing the player"
7_(resized).jpg7_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 7 - With (2) thumbs smooth down the decal working your way around evenly.
8_(resized).jpg8_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 8 - Work both sides to a point
(+) The reason you have extra decal is because the cap is not flat. It is a curved surface. We work it to a point so we can compensate for the curve. Otherwise you will have kinks and an uneven decal. Don't be alarmed, when done correctly you will "NOT" see the seam. However, to make it even more invisible you point the seam away from the player. AKA back, or side near the ramps. Again, you will not see this seam in game "with" or "without" the game on.
9_(resized).jpg9_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 9 - Cut the decal as clean as you can
11_(resized).jpg11_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 10 - with a finger catch one end and let the other end fall. Adjust the end already down and lower the other flap to line up with its edge. "Center part is still wet and not aligned, later I slide this back to align it before it dries"
10_(resized).jpg10_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 11 - Smooth out the decal, free of bubbles. Wait for it to dry "till it no longer slides"
12_(resized).jpg12_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 12 - When dry, spray with windex
13_(resized).jpg13_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 13 - wipe and buff till it shines free from gunk or finger prints. "Use a soft cloth, not paper towel"
14_(resized).jpg14_(resized).jpg

(+) STEP 14 - Make it shine!
15_(resized).jpg15_(resized).jpg

MORE EXAMPLES:

startrek_(resized).jpgstartrek_(resized).jpg
williams_logo_(resized).jpgwilliams_logo_(resized).jpg
AFM_pic_(resized).jpgAFM_pic_(resized).jpg

TZ_pic_(resized).jpgTZ_pic_(resized).jpg
BK2K_pic_(resized).jpgBK2K_pic_(resized).jpg
gunsnroses_pic_(resized).jpggunsnroses_pic_(resized).jpg
F-14_Pic_(resized).jpgF-14_Pic_(resized).jpg
highspeed_pic_(resized).jpghighspeed_pic_(resized).jpg
demoman_pic_(resized).jpgdemoman_pic_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Awesome news! So glad to hear that these will continue to be made available. Best of luck in the new venture, Jason!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Awesome news! So glad to hear that these will continue to be made available. Best of luck in the new venture, Jason!

Thanks! Tell your friends lol! Free puppy with every order! (Disclaimer- there will be no free puppies with any orders)

#4 7 years ago

I'll buy a set for my chromed out Getaway. Thanks man!

#5 7 years ago

Hell, I bought both sets because, why the hell not

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hell, I bought both sets because, why the hell not

Exactly! Why the hell not lol! They'll be in the mail tomorrow! Thank you!

#7 7 years ago

Nice job. They look great. Do you do custom requests?

Oh, and I personally would have steered clear of this one...just saying..LOL

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Oh, and I personally would have steered clear of this one...just saying..LOL

Its for Indiana Jones. Have you seen the other mods people use? The blimp for example.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Its for Indiana Jones. Have you seen the other mods people use? The blimp for example.

Yes, but the blimp appears in the films. This is just um...well it just a sticker with a Nazi symbol on it unrelated to pop bumpers...IMO.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, but the blimp appears in the films. This is just um...well it just a sticker with a Nazi symbol on it unrelated to pop bumpers...IMO.

Them decals are on several pinsider machines. Once they are put in the machine they make sense. By themselves, out of context I agree they are unrelated and are offensive. However, when you hit the pop-bumpers you are fighting the Nazi's so that is the meaning behind the decal and is not intended to be offensive.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Them decals are on several pinsider machines.

What a bunch of Pinsiders do isn't a ringing endorsement for many things
I'm familiar with all the arguments each way, and I don't care what anyone does to their machine, I'm just saying it's a bit touchy.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What a bunch of Pinsiders do isn't a ringing endorsement for many things
I'm familiar with all the arguments each way, and I don't care what anyone does to their machine, I'm just saying it's a bit touchy.

They are related to the fight scene in the game when you hit the pop-bumpers. It is meant to be used within constraints of the movie and the game. Do note, Jason acquired these current designs and that particular design was requested by a fellow Pinsider thus why it is in the store. That all said, lets just focus on all the other decals he has to offer and ignore that one

#13 7 years ago

My brother (who's Jewish) as am I- just put the nazi blimp in his Indy. I find it offensive frankly and I've told him that. We could do with fewer symbols of hatred - especially in a pinball machine.

My 2 cents. I really like these- but can't get past that one being sold.

Attack- Pinside. I know you will.....

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

My brother (who's Jewish) as am I- just put the nazi blimp in his Indy. I find it offensive frankly and I've told him that. We could do with fewer symbols of hatred - especially in a pinball machine.
My 2 cents. I really like these- but can't get past that one being sold.
Attack- Pinside. I know you will.....

I'm NOT shocked in less than 4 minutes I was down voted. Nice Pinside. You're living up to my expectations.

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for DOWNVOTING ME A SECONDTIME---

SPENCER
Pinsider #19295
Joined Pinside: October 27th, 2013
Last seen here: July 9th, 2016

Your second down vote only took 10 minutes.

#16 7 years ago

Maybe leave his for sale thread alone and stop cluttering it up with your views. Thanks for the PM too, your a very classy individual.

#17 7 years ago

Folks, let's please try to keep things on-topic and not open a can of worms. Thanks

#18 7 years ago

Hey Folks!

Sorry I haven’t been able to jump in here sooner- I’m a contractor by trade, play drums in multiple bands, host a local pinball league, and try my hardest to keep a woman happy, lol. Soooo my responses may not be immediate.

Anyways I want to let everyone who’s reading this thread know a couple of things-
1) I bought this business from a fellow pinsider, and all the designs offered are requests from the pinball community.
2) New designs will be forthcoming. Most will be my own design, but many will be customized requests, just as before.
3) The goal, previous to me, has been, and will continue to be fulfilling people’s requests for artwork, in addition to the artwork I develop, alone or with other’s ideas.
4) Art is a subjective and personal experience, and may contain strong or adverse imagery. These designs are not meant to exploit or enhance hatred or racism, but are tied into the themes of the games for which they are made. If you don’t want to put it on your game, please don’t.
5) “Hey, its only pinball…..”

New designs will be coming this week!!

#19 7 years ago

Custom Foo Fighters design for a pinsider doing a re-theme. More stuff coming up!

20160711_120005_(resized).jpg20160711_120005_(resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

Very Cool!

#21 7 years ago

Just got mine for T2, took 10 minutes top to install. Huge improvement over plain red caps

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#22 7 years ago

Looks Awesome! Really think this should have been part of Williams original design.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffLadder:

Just got mine for T2, took 10 minutes top to install. Huge improvement over plain red caps

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing the pic!!

#24 7 years ago

New design for BSD. Or........
More to come!

20160720_104457_(resized).jpg20160720_104457_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

I put these on my Getaway. I have the jeweled caps so the outer ring wasn't as easy of an install but I still think it works.

Thanks!!

#26 7 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

New design for BSD. Or........
More to come!

Them look spooooooky and awesome.

Quoted from Grinder901:

I put these on my Getaway. I have the jeweled caps so the outer ring wasn't as easy of an install but I still think it works.
Thanks!!

First time I saw these decals on a jeweled cap, I think you are the first person to try it. I am surprised you were able to get them on, congrats.

#28 7 years ago

I really like these and thing they can have cross-game use. For example, the IJ gun could be used in Cactus Canyon, Police Force, even Guns and Roses. Or the Barracora one could be used in Fish Tales.

Any love for Taxi? I think the pop bumpers for that game would really look great with some of these mods.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:I really like these and thing they can have cross-game use. For example, the IJ gun could be used in Cactus Canyon, Police Force, even Guns and Roses. Or the Barracora one could be used in Fish Tales.
Any love for Taxi? I think the pop bumpers for that game would really look great with some of these mods.

Thanks for the interest! And yes, they can definitely be used on any game with similar theme.

I'll see what I can come up with for Taxi. Have some more for BSD and nearly complete Fish Tales designs to finish, will brainstorm during that time. Feel free to share your ideas!

#30 7 years ago

Another new design for Dracula.

20160720_104437_(resized).jpg20160720_104437_(resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

Cool design for BSD. Any chance of different chrome colors? Silver chrome doesn't work in my opinion for BSD but maybe a blue or red would. Or a Black Chrome.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Cool design for BSD. Any chance of different chrome colors? Silver chrome doesn't work in my opinion for BSD but maybe a blue or red would. Or a Black Chrome.

I'm looking into that as we speak- the problem is finding material that is the same color on the adhesive side- it's seeming like everything (except chrome) is white on adhesive side, which will show an edge once installed. I'll let you know if I find anything!

#33 7 years ago

And yet another design for Dracula. Place in the direction of your choice....

Fish Tales designs coming next week!

20160720_104405_(resized).jpg20160720_104405_(resized).jpg

20160720_104317_(resized).jpg20160720_104317_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#34 7 years ago

New design for Fish Tales...

20160729_125228_(resized).jpg20160729_125228_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

New design for Fish Tales...

This would also work perfect with Bally Atlantis!!!

Check out them guns....

normal_Bally_Atlantis_BG_BIG_(resized).pngnormal_Bally_Atlantis_BG_BIG_(resized).png

#36 7 years ago

Amazing how many times I've seen this backglass and never noticed the guns....

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Amazing how many times I've seen this backglass and never noticed the guns....

Cuz you are probably looking at the other guns...

#38 7 years ago

Another new design for Fish Tales. Or......

20160729_125138_(resized).jpg20160729_125138_(resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago

Another one for FT. Orrrrrr......?

20160802_102003_(resized).jpg20160802_102003_(resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Another one for FT. Orrrrrr......?

I like this one, I think it would work great with 3 different positions like AFM flying saucers. Tilt position (left, middle, right)

#41 7 years ago

Another design for Fish Tales. Or hell, be different and put it on Time Machine lol

20160729_125301_(resized).jpg20160729_125301_(resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

That new design with the fish on it could look good on a Fathom if you can't find the standard Fathom pop bumper caps.

I'm not seeing any of these new designs on the website...

#43 7 years ago

I installed a set on my TZ and they look very cool (I need to post a picture). The pops have cointaker afterburner LEDs installed, so the metal mod adds a very nice touch.

Next step will be to add them to TAF.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

That new design with the fish on it could look good on a Fathom if you can't find the standard Fathom pop bumper caps.
I'm not seeing any of these new designs on the website...

Sorry, I haven't had time to update the website yet. However, they ARE available- feel free to message me if you would like to order in the meantime.

And yes, these can be used in many different games as you noticed. Even if you have the original caps for Fathom, this would add a huge improvement!

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I installed a set on my TZ and they look very cool (I need to post a picture). The pops have cointaker afterburner LEDs installed, so the metal mod adds a very nice touch.
Next step will be to add them to TAF.

So awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'll be adding new designs for TAF (hopefully next week- a couple different tombstone designs, lightning, and a web for behind the black widow. Keep checking back! ?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Another design for Fish Tales. Or hell, be different and put it on Time Machine lol

How about an anchor design? Would work on Popeye, Fish Tales, Fathom and prob more...

anchor_(resized).jpganchor_(resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago

Great idea! Will put that on the list!

#49 7 years ago

New tombstone design for Addams Family. Orrrrrrrrr.....

20160812_123941_(resized).jpg20160812_123941_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Goldeneye

a_(resized).jpga_(resized).jpg

aaaa_(resized).jpgaaaa_(resized).jpg

aa_(resized).jpgaa_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 159.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they%E2%80%99re-back-custom-chrome-cap-decals-for-pop-bumpers-metal-modsco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.