(Topic ID: 53062)

They got Dirty Donny signing Metallica translites...I want one!!!

By BackFlipper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by qbass187
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130606_175919.jpg
b97d2993b6b4592040cb51061baa39ec.jpg
DD_auto.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I WANT ONE! I am a huge fan of DD and this game.

DD_auto.jpgDD_auto.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I NEED one too, for my premium!

#3 10 years ago

Those are nice!

#4 10 years ago

I would pay for a "napster bad" signage.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I WANT ONE! I am a huge fan of DD and this game.

Who is they and are they for sale?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who is they and are they for sale?

Stern had Dirty Donny at their offices yesterday. I really think they are going to have Donny do art for a future game. Stern is fully aware of the positive feedback his art is getting on Metallica. I am a huge fan.

No, I don't think these will be for sale.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Stern had Dirty Donny at their offices yesterday. I really think they are going to have Donny do art for a future game. Stern is fully aware of the positive feedback his art is getting on Metallica. I am a huge fan.
No, I don't think these will be for sale.

Yeah Stern should get him to do anything they can before JJP swoops in.

Just think how awesome a ZOMBIE pin by Dirty Donny would be? Could we be seeing a 1st ORIGNAL PIN for Stern? Hell, if not, just make it ROB ZOMBIE and be done with it. More Human than Human would be SICK!!!

#8 10 years ago

People had been throwing around the rumor of a Walking Dead pin a while ago.

Maybe DD could do the artwork for a pin like that.

A Walking Dead pin wouldn't have interested me, but with artwork by DD, I'd be in.

#9 10 years ago

Stern should just do generic zombie pin, by Dirty Donnie, save them licensing fees, so production would be cheaper, but probably would not sell as many, hmmmm.....

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

A Walking Dead pin wouldn't have interested me, but with artwork by DD, I'd be in.

No chance AMC approves DD style art for a Walking Dead pin. It's not a cartoony show by any stretch. Even if Stern goes with the Walking Dead comic book license (like X-Men), DD is still too cartoony. Just not a good fit.

#11 10 years ago

Rob Zombie FTW. Tons of horror movies, great tunes, DD art=awesome. If there are 2 Elvira pins why not Rob Zombie?

#12 10 years ago

I won one last night at the Chicago Launch Party. I have no particular interest in it, and have it for sale. PM me if interested. EDIT: sold.

#13 10 years ago

Like this. I met him Thurs. Mine has Lyman's also. So cool. b97d2993b6b4592040cb51061baa39ec.jpgb97d2993b6b4592040cb51061baa39ec.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No chance AMC approves DD style art for a Walking Dead pin. It's not a cartoony show by any stretch. Even if Stern goes with the Walking Dead comic book license (like X-Men), DD is still too cartoony. Just not a good fit.

Good point, Yancy. Too bad what would be cool doesn't always fit the license.

It would definitely better than a bunch of photo images from the show, though. I could see them overdoing the stars of the show and minimizing the zombies.

But then what do I know...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

I won one last night at the Chicago Launch Party. I have no particular interest in it, and have it for sale. PM me if interested.

Congrats oN the win. Probably worth 350-400 is my best guess. Sweet to have the artists autograph!

#16 10 years ago

GLWTS -

New translite $150, dirty donny signature $5, shipping $20. Now if it was a mirrored or had Babe Ruth's signature then it might fetch $400.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Like this. I met him Thurs. Mine has Lyman's also. So cool.

Awesome!

#18 10 years ago

GLWTS -
New translite $150, dirty donny signature $5, shipping $20. Now if it was a mirrored or had Babe Ruth's signature then it might fetch $400.

You have forgotten that there are guys paying 2500 over msrp for LEs before the game even ships. Dirty Don signed trans are likely not a common thing. 350-400 is chump change to someone spending fat cash to others on LE games.

#19 10 years ago

So I guess I am the only one on the forum that does NOT like this artwork?

I respect his talent, but when I see the art, it does nothing for me.

Glad you guys can get excited over it. I am glad they are using original art and not just photoshopped stuff, but I just can't get into it

Chris

#20 10 years ago

I like the artwork but point out this translite is used in pro edition and not the Dirty Donny LE. Although all four designs for backglass and translites were designed by Dirty Donny.

#21 10 years ago

This translite belongs in the Premium road case doesnt it?

Also got a flyer.

20130606_175919.jpg20130606_175919.jpg

#22 10 years ago

GLWTS -

Correct.

DE SW is really the only pin whose signed translite is maintaining serious collector value...

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This guy just posted one on pinside that he just got during the tourney.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-translite-signed-by-dirty-donny
guess you missed it.

No, he called me but I decided to pass on the pro translite for now.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

Rob Zombie FTW. Tons of horror movies, great tunes, DD art=awesome. If there are 2 Elvira pins why not Rob Zombie?

In this imaginary pinball scenario Zombie would absolutely do his own art.

Which, IMO, is actually better than Dirty Donnie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 25.50
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they-got-dirty-donny-signing-metallica-translitesi-want-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.