Sam_0642.jpg
Sam_0641.jpg
Sam_0632.jpg
Sam_0526.jpg
Sam_0521.jpg
Sam_0488.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

About a year ago, having been inspired by the "New MM" and wallybgood's "There's one more MM" thread about building Medieval Madness pinball games, I decided to follow in his footsteps.
So I bought a trashed NBA Fastbreak, started ordering parts, and coordinated the purchase of a Medieval Madness pinball that would be needed as a reference model to be picked up the weekend after Pinball Expo.

As you can imagine, the timing couldn't have been worse.

But, having already committed a point-of-no-return amount of funds to the project, I decided to continue, now with the goal to keep it under $8k.

Well, I made it. Just barely.

I had the good fortune of having some spare parts and materials around from previous projects (wiring, misc common pinball hardware), some other resourceful individuals working on their own MMs, and generous friends. I don't have an enumerated list of individuals that helped make this happen, but want to make sure to give special mention to Rick Schieve, Brian at HSA Pinball, Mike Chestnut, and Matt Gaulden of Rolling Ball Sculptures. For those I didn't mention: you know who you are; Thanks.

I'm not going to post a lot of photos of how it was built because, honestly, I mostly followed what wallybgood posted in his photo album (except for his crazy wiring templates), which you can see in his "There's one more MM" thread.

I wish I had taken more and better photos (lighting in the gameroom isn't the greatest for photos)

Clean slates (damn, left the door open)
Sam_0488.jpgSam_0488.jpg
Couldn't find these, so I made them with my 3D printer
Sam_0521.jpgSam_0521.jpg
Repopulate the original playfield so I can copy it
Sam_0526.jpgSam_0526.jpg
Parts rack
Sam_0632.jpgSam_0632.jpg
Castle shots of each playfield
Sam_0642.jpgSam_0642.jpg
Sam_0641.jpgSam_0641.jpg
Parts rack starting to dwindle...
Sam_0750.jpgSam_0750.jpg
Also unobtainium at the time. Fortunately I have some connections in metal working that made some up for me. Made an extra.
Sam_0752.jpgSam_0752.jpg
The repro wire ramps were raw when I got them, and the originals were sort of worn, too, so I sent them off to Mike Chestnut who made everything look awesome.
Sam_0833.jpgSam_0833.jpg
Finally finished playfield
Sam_0950.jpgSam_0950.jpg
Finally finished cabinet
Sam_0951.jpgSam_0951.jpg
Finally finished project (for some reason, lighting made the trim look gold, but it's not)
Sam_1052.jpgSam_1052.jpg
As with all projects, I learned a lot from this experience. Like, I really hate putting on pinball decals, always check the fuses, it's really hard to unbend metal once you've bent it, manuals aren't always correct...

I'd like to thank the other MM builders, wallybgood, Ed_In_Texas, Snowman, and people at (the now defunct) wpc95remakes forum who paved the way and gave me helpful advice in getting my own MM built.

#2 9 years ago

Congrats! It's a ton of work, but such a feeling of accomplishment when you're done!

Looks great!

#3 9 years ago

Very cool! I imagine you know MM inside and out now, which must be a good feeling.

#4 9 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS! You did it! Your new Medieval Madness Game looks awesome!

#5 9 years ago

CHEERS!

MM (110).JPGMM (110).JPG
#6 9 years ago

Congrats on the completion of a long project! I almost started into it too, and am glad now that I did not. I would still have parts all over an my man cave would be a mess.

#7 9 years ago

Mark,
Looks great!
Congratulations.
Wally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-yet-another-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.