(Topic ID: 172215)

There's "tight", and then there's...

By goingincirclez

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161001_173120 (resized).jpg
    Stairs (resized).jpg
    20161001_172134 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

20161001_172134 (resized).jpg20161001_172134 (resized).jpg

The observant among you might note the cardboard on the right side not clearing the door jamb...

...however I am pleased to report that no Doctors, Tardii, or WMS/BLY facsimiles were harmed or scratched during this episode. I, however, did suffer a mild pulmonary aneurysm. Still, let's hear it for "standards", "tolerances", and "(barely) getting away with it"!

#2 7 years ago

I have removed door trim in my house to get certain pins into the gameroom. Glad it fits.

#3 7 years ago

Now the question is, are you going to sell the pin with the house, or haul it back out?

#4 7 years ago

I used to have to remove the heads off any game I bought, stick the body through the basement window and then reassemble everything where it would go. Roadshow was a particularly fun one.

#5 7 years ago

My brother has exposed screws for easy removal of his basement door jambs for just such occasions.....

Later,
    EV

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Now the question is, are you going to sell the pin with the house, or haul it back out?

Actually that IS the haul-out photo! Getting it down originally was just as much "fun" but I had gravitational assist that time. This time... ugh...

...I again considered removing the head, but one remind-ative look at the rat's nest of connectors (mostly unlabeled) had me reaffirming the "eff that" decision I made the first time.

Winches are your friend!

Stairs (resized).jpgStairs (resized).jpg

20161001_173120 (resized).jpg20161001_173120 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-tight-and-then-theres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.