Image uploaded from iOS (4) (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 10.00.27 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 10.01.11 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.36.33 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

This is really great! Very awesome.

One question. Is there a ruleset for Wizard Blocks that was completed by Williams in some sort of draft form? Or is the ruleset something that you're coming up with? Cool either way, I'm just not that familiar with the history of the game.

--Luek

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Luek,
Thanks for posting! So the design team had a rough outline of what the ruleset was supposed to be. In fact, it was outlined here: http://www.pinball2000.de/wb_story.html
I have no choice but to take the ruleset a bit further given that much of the story line hadn't been thought of yet. Basically, Pat says there are 5 wizards and 5 different challenges. Collecting a wizard block unlocks a wizard, and you complete the challenge that that wizard comes up with. There are other awards in the blocks that you can get directly, and you can also get "scatter awards" by spelling things with blocks that contain letters. Obviously we want to add more to the game, but it doesn't have to mean we add more wizards. We can add more modes to compliment the storyline. One such example is the GREED mode in TZ, its a fun mode that doesn't necessarily directly correlate to the storyline. I can confirm that WB also has a greed mode as part of the original design.
Much of what was on the drawing table has to be reverse engineered. One such is example is that we have the playfield art, but the original playfield art didn't have any insert labels. Some of the whitewoods had inserts labeled with a sharpie. So if Pat says we have 5 wizards, and we actually have 7 triangular inserts at the bottom of the playfield, we KNOW that those inserts aren't for the wizards. (They're for missile awards).
The ramp inserts were also for which block you could drop. For example, the left ramp has an insert labeled "Spinner". If you shoot the ramp while its lit, it drops a spinner block down onto the stack. Same thing with "Wizard" and "Lock Block" which drops down a block to lite the lock or spot a wizard.
I hope this helps provide a bit of insight to the thought process I'm taking.

Interesting...that sounds awesome. I hope I get to play it some day when you're finished.

--Luke

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-wizard-blocks?tu=HighNoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.