20160305_183843_(resized).jpg
20160213_090035_(resized).jpg
20160305_183717_(resized).jpg
100_9620_(resized).JPG
100_9242_(resized).JPG
100_9544_(resized).JPG
100_9519_(resized).JPG
100_9498_(resized).JPG
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Amazing work as always Wally!

I am wondering when I will finally be able to find a NBAFB and save it from your wrath

#52 8 years ago

incredible work once again Wally, what a beautiful machine.

#53 8 years ago

Im surprised no one has taken a MB and created a NBAFB....

oh... wait...

Awesome work!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Im surprised no one has taken a MB and created a NBAFB....

Dare you.

#55 8 years ago

Awesome! Wally you are awesome!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

MB was the most complex in terms of mechanical and wiring of the pins that I have built. (MM, AFM,CC)

That's awesome man, well done!

2 weeks later
#57 8 years ago

Just finished installing a ColorDMD. It really looks sweet on MB.
Wally

100_9620_(resized).JPG100_9620_(resized).JPG

#58 8 years ago

Awesomely awesome!!!!!!! Very impressive!

#59 7 years ago

Congratulations Wally!

There is yet ANOTHER Monster Bash. Under Wally's leadership, I worked in parallel with him on my Monster Bash build.

I didn't use a donor game (primarily because I didn't have access to one at a reasonable price). So, it IS possible to start from scratch. For reference I'm listing the main components/sources:
1) Virtuapin Cabinet
2) Mirco Playfield
3) ColorDMD Display
4) Back Alley Creations Powder Coated Hardware (rails, legs, etc.)
5) Rottendog Boards (CPU, Sound, and Power)
6) Flipper Fidelity Speaker System (plus Polk subwoofer shared w/ MM)
7) Custom Painted Figures by Rich Z (great detail and workmanship)
8) Inner Side Cabinet Decals from Pinsider Sillyoldelf (UK)
9) Transformer and Power Assembly from Pinsider Arakissun (Bulgaria) (Trust this seller! Never had issues with shipments from Bulgaria even at 50 lbs)
10) Five custom made NLA lamp PCBs by me
11) Custom made NLA ball guides and other NLA parts.....Steve D. (Thank you for all your help and advice)
12) Wally....Thank you for misc parts and advice
13) Parts vendors from all over the world....US, Australia, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, UK......
14) Ebay........
15) Handmade wiring harnesses
Obviously, many of these add-ons aren't necessary and not for everyone. Heck, I didn't even keep track of cost. Over a year to complete, but for me well worth the journey and effort. Met and worked with some great pinball people along the way. The hardest part was finding/ making NLA parts and making the wire harnesses by hand.
Love this hobby!

20160305_183717_(resized).jpg20160305_183717_(resized).jpg

20160213_090035_(resized).jpg20160213_090035_(resized).jpg

20160305_183843_(resized).jpg20160305_183843_(resized).jpg

20160110_181506_(resized).jpg20160110_181506_(resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago

Hey Greg
Your MB looks great!
The siilyoldelf interior side art is a really nice touch.
Thanks again for recreating the NLA lampboards.
Wally

1 week later
#61 7 years ago

A fellow Pinsider has asked me about the position of the hex post behind the left blue target. This is a pic of the area on my MB.
Wally

100_9645_(resized).JPG100_9645_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#62 7 years ago

OK, so now there are two, this is most excellent! If I could source all the parts as a kit I'd be all over this.
Watching the MMr problems and then the lack of announcement at Texas pinball festival deflated my faith PPS can make it happen, or at least make it something I'd feel good about purchasing.

There seemed to have been a recent spike in turnover of MB, probably to cash in before an announcement. Given that didn't happen, now the few MB that do come up are reaching for orbit on price again.

There seems to be no hope of getting this title for a reasonable price except building your own

But I am glad others have done it, twice

#63 7 years ago

I think I actually drooled a little while looking at all these pictures. You guys are freaking awesome! Both of those machines are just gorgeous.

#64 7 years ago

Between this, CC, AFM, and your MM is that four less NBAFB? I wonder how many NBAFB have died to make "better" games?

NBAFB will eventually be rare!

#65 7 years ago

This thread is simply inspiring!

I must admit that i have played with the thought of making a game from scratch, just buying all the parts i need.

I also guess that if you don`t mind the search for parts, you could eventually find all the parts you need.

@goldpins when you made the wire harness, did you buy all the correct colour coded cables?

Axl

#66 7 years ago

Some of the color coded wire can be purchased, but a lot of it has to be striped by hand! I am waiting on one part for my MB build from scratch to be completed. Could never have finished it without help of Wally, gg, and others. A ton of work....

#67 7 years ago

Axl,

As perryd stated, to keep costs down striped wire can be made using base color wire and striping it yourself using simple paint pens and a simple feeder tool. Trying to find all of the striped wire at a reasonable price is very difficult.

IMHO, the most important advice to give someone in making a game from scratch....find a good support group.....two or three people who have done it or are doing it in parallel. It can seem very daunting and at times hectic when things aren't working out. But, a couple people can chip in doing different tasks, for example, one person responsible for finding transformers/power chain parts, one person getting the metal guides redone, one person tracking/researching/looking for NLA parts. People to bounce ideas against and ask opinions/advice. These people ARE out there.

And patience, patience, patience.....it's a lot of work and takes many months.
And resourcefulness....sometimes you have to adapt parts or make parts yourselves.

But, as you see, it is possible and very rewarding.

If anyone wants to learn more, PM me.

#68 7 years ago

Woulda loved to have had Wally around when it was science project time...

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

IMHO, the most important advice to give someone in making a game from scratch....find a good support group.....two or three people who have done it or are doing it in parallel.

yes, so very important to have some help along the way when you run into problems and issues...and believe me, you will!
GG (goldpins) thanks again for all the assistance along the way!

3 weeks later
#70 7 years ago

So I finally had the privilege of playing this beauty!! Wally should start up his own pin company, and then adopt me of course.

And next time Wally remove those damn tilt bobs!

#71 7 years ago

By the time CG/PPS get around to making MBr, we might as well make them ourselves. Excellent job Wally

#72 7 years ago

One of the prettiest games out there. Colors are awesome. Terrific job Wally.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

NBAFB will eventually be rare!

No it won't. Williams made hundreds more NBAFBs than MM, MB, AFM, and CC:
MB 3361
MM 4016
AFM 3450
CC 903
NBAFB 4414
So even if 200-300 NBAFBs were converted into other titles, there would still be more of them than the others. I estimate less than 25-30 NBAFBs have been converted. I followed Wally and have a homebrew MM and CC myself. They were very challenging and rewarding projects, and both turned out beautifully.
Wally is the man! Here are a couple vids of mine. You can see the other progression videos too.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

MB 3361
MM 4016
AFM 3450
CC 903
NBAFB 4414
So even if 200-300 NBAFBs were converted into other titles, there would still be more of them than the others. I estimate less than 25-30 NBAFBs have been converted. I followed Wally and have a homebrew MM and CC myself. They were very challenging and rewarding projects, and both turned out beautifully.
Wally is the man! Here are a couple vids of mine. You can see the other progression videos too.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Very nice!!!! And indeed Wally is the man!

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

So I finally had the privilege of playing this beauty!! Wally should start up his own pin company, and then adopt me of course.
And next time Wally remove those damn tilt bobs!

Yep, talkin' some pinball, playin' some pinball, cold beer. It just doesn't get much better.

Wally

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

MB 3361
MM 4016
AFM 3450
CC 903
NBAFB 4414
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Hey Ed
I really like the videos. You have some beautiful pins there.
Wally

#77 7 years ago

This is a masterpiece. Have fun playing or selling that thing for top dollar.

#78 7 years ago

Kudos

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-monster-bash/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.