(Topic ID: 11247)

There's one more MM

By wallybgood

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 12 years ago

Wow that's an impressive feat you took on. I don't want to come off the wrong way but I can't see this as something that would make sense financially. When you factor in the amount of time and effort and $$$ in what it took to do this it seems you would be better off just buying a MM in the 9k range. Of course if someone like yourself was looking to take on a creative project and had nothing but time on his hands it would make for a very interesting project.

Just the sheer time it would take and the frustration factor from not being able to find stuff to the tech issues at building it let alone having to find another MM as a model to base it off of seems like this may be a one time deal.

All that being said I applaud you for your effort. Can't wait to see the pics when your page is working again.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

smassa said:I don't want to come off the wrong way but I can't see this as something that would make sense financially.
I don't think he set out to make a profit, I think he wanted the challenge.
Remember the Heathkit kits? You could often buy the already assembled item for the same (or less) money. You bought the kit so you would have something to do (this was before cable TV sucked up all your evening hours).

Wasn't saying he was trying to sell for a profit. Was just making a point that if anyone wanted a MM it would be quite a bit easier to just buy one.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

smassa said:vid1900 said:smassa said:I don't want to come off the wrong way
Wasn't saying he was trying to sell for a profit. Was just making a point that if anyone wanted a MM it would be quite a bit easier to just buy one.
But what fun would that be????

Might not be as fun but also not as stressful trying to locate NLA parts.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

smassa said:Might not be as fun but also not as stressful trying to locate NLA parts.
I suppose all those mountain climbers could take helicopters to the top as well to avoid the stress.....

I suppose you milk your cows for dairy products and have a bunch of hens out back for your eggs too huh? Dude gimme a break I told him what a great job he did just not sure it's the best idea for someone looking to pick up a MM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-mm?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.