100_8734.jpg
100_8641.jpg
100_8558.jpg
100_7495.jpg
100_7474.jpg
100_8909.jpg
100_8917.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Put together a CC from parts this Fall. Built most of the ramps and assys last Winter. Handmade parts include harnesses, ball guides, hex posts, and a few others that are NLA. Acrylic was used for backplastic, really never cared for the rivets on the original. Used color posts for standoffs instead of the original zip ties. More pics in my Skydrive. http://tinyurl.com/j9mj2n5
Thanks to Dino (Heman 40) for lending/trusting me with his CC ball guides so that I could put them into CAD. (also for laser cutting), Eric P for some close up pics, R Winter for his excellent teardown pics, Rick B (PPS)/Mirco for getting the playfield produced, Kerry (Mantis) for making a couple of NLA weldments, Steve D (dankme) for spotting a significant wiring error in the manual ( I would have spent a lot of time troubleshooting that one) Greg Goldey for making the NLA lampboards, Chris Kennedy (Perth, Aus) for finding several rare parts, Ed V for getting a NLA Bad Guy part made and all the other major parts suppliers PBL, Marco, PSPA. Couldn’t have done it without you guys.
Wally
100_8917.JPG100_8917.JPG100_8909.JPG100_8909.JPG100_7474.JPG100_7474.JPG100_7495.JPG100_7495.JPG100_8558.JPG100_8558.JPG100_8641.JPG100_8641.JPG100_8734.JPG100_8734.JPG100_8864.JPG100_8864.JPG

#2 8 years ago

Wow, Nice Job Wally!

#3 8 years ago

Simply amazing! Congratulations!

#4 8 years ago

Crazy Awesome, Wally!! There's also a nasty mistake in the BSD manual that I found the hard way from a BSD I had to behead to move--friggin WMS. Glad you didn't have to waste your time with one of those and focus on getting this bad boy built instead.

#6 8 years ago

love it

#7 8 years ago

That's some next level shit right there

Wow

#8 8 years ago

Very impressive! I'm sure it's a labor of love for you because that must have taken a ton of time and effort. Congrats!

#9 8 years ago

Jesus Wally. You need to knock it off. You're making us look bad! Seriously, my hat is way off to you. This is a great accomplishment, and I really enjoyed reading about all of your progress on the MM.

#10 8 years ago

Awesome!

#11 8 years ago

One of the guys PM'd me and asked if the art was applied by the wet or dry method. I applied them dry per Jim McCune's video https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/install-decals-dry-video-this-is-how-i-do-them
Worked like magic.
Wally

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Jesus Wally. You need to knock it off. You're making us look bad!

No shit!! I thought I was pretty good at restoring games, but Wally....OH NO....he just builds new ones!!

#13 8 years ago

Now put CCC on it and it will be even better.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Rick B (PPS)/Mirco for getting the playfield produced

Does it make sense to make CC playfields with so few machines produced? Maybe they are gearing up for a remake.

By the way, fantastic work!!

#15 8 years ago

great work once again Wally

#16 8 years ago

you are a god damned animal Wally!

nice job as always.

Can you help a guy find a NBA FB now please

#17 8 years ago

Now that is sexy. Great job Wally. Now what's next ??

#18 8 years ago

Next up Popeye, right Wally?

#19 8 years ago

Maybe going in a classic pin direction....Loch Ness!

#20 8 years ago

Wow, that thing is B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L!! Great Job Wally!

#21 8 years ago

Better Than New

#22 8 years ago

So nice!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No shit!! I thought I was pretty good at restoring games, but Wally....OH NO....he just builds new ones!!

At some point, isn't that what restoration really is? When you replace just about everything on a game, why not start from scratch?

#24 8 years ago

Thanks for the nice/funny comments you guys. What a great hobby! A little carpentry, a little sheet metal work, a little bondo, a little painting, a little electrical/electronic, a little machining, and then when you're finished; you get to play it.
Wally

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Thanks for the nice/funny comments you guys. What a great hobby! A little carpentry, a little sheet metal work, a little painting, a little electrical/electronic, a little machining, and then when you're finished; you get to play it.
Wally

And 1000% talent.

#26 8 years ago

And people say "making pinball is hard"

Congrats on your new pin, I bet you will enjoy playing it more knowing that you built it yourself

#27 8 years ago

Well done!

#28 8 years ago

Wally is the man! There is no equal when it comes to his *build from scratch* skills. First a MM, then a MB, now a CC!
Terry.

#29 8 years ago

You're the best Wally!

#30 8 years ago

Wally for president (but I aint changing my damn name)!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just get a haircut.

#32 8 years ago

Impressive as always!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was explaining to some at the Pinball Life Open House that if I'm elected, there are several things that are gonna' change.
First: No more .9 on gas prices. If it is $2.49.9, it is gonna be $2.50
Second: No more time zones or daylight savings. If it is 2am in Chicago, it's gonna' be 2am in New York and LA.
Third: Everyone has to change their name to either Bob or Mary. Your pick. (I'm having a little problem remembering names and this should take care of it)
Forth: Pinball Life Explosion goes to two days.
Wally

#34 8 years ago

Make the pbl party a sleepover

#35 8 years ago

I bet CGC couldn't build one this fast. Let alone this nice.

7 months later
#36 7 years ago

Installed CCC on my CC with the help of my sons. Running with Windows 10 on NUC 2820. Audio supplied through a Lepai amp with MA Audio Y3050K speakers in the panel and Dayton DC160S-4 in the cab.
Thanks again, Eric, for this wonderful upgrade. All of your many hours programming and developing are much appreciated.
Wally

100_9746_(resized).JPG100_9746_(resized).JPG

100_9761_(resized).JPG100_9761_(resized).JPG

100_9739_(resized).JPG100_9739_(resized).JPG

#37 7 years ago

When Wally does it, he does it right.

#38 7 years ago

nice job Wally!

#39 7 years ago

Nice work Wallly

#40 7 years ago

Forgot to mention that the small PCB mounted to the right of the NUC is Scott Danesi's Computer Startup and Shutdown Controller. It safely starts and shutdowns the NUC. Works great!
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=398
Wally

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Installed CCC on my CC with the help of my sons. Running with Windows 10 on NUC 2820. Audio supplied through a Lepai amp with MA Audio Y3050K speakers in the panel and Dayton DC160S-4 in the cab.
Thanks again, Eric, for this wonderful upgrade. All of your many hours programming and developing are much appreciated.
Wally

Eric's work on the CCC upgrade is fantastic. Played it for the first time this weekend at league, and loved every minute of it.

#42 7 years ago

Wally, since you are hopefully done killing NBAFB

can you now help to find me a decent one for e good price please ?

#43 7 years ago

Hey Hilton

Quoted from Whysnow:

Wally, since you are hopefully done killing NBAFB
can you now help to find me a decent one for e good price please ?

There's four for sale in the market right now.
If I ever get tired of CC, maybe I'll convert it back to NBAFB and sell it to you.
Wally

#44 7 years ago

What CAD software did you use?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

There's four for sale in the market right now.

I said for a good price Wally

Quoted from wallybgood:

If I ever get tired of CC, maybe I'll convert it back to NBAFB and sell it to you.

I love you Wally!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What CAD software did you use?

Hey Koz
AutoCAD. My daughter-in-law, Annette, is proficient in AutoCAD. She produced the dwg files from my drawings. It is great to have a talented family.
Wally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-one-more-cc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.