Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC70E72F-230E-4107-8688-3A00FF3B1DBC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

So, as a little kid I remember 2 movies in the same vein: The Cannonball Run & The Gumball Rally. Both were entertaining, but I've not seen either for years (decades probably). In the 90's I actually did a ton of IT work for one of the actors in The Gumball Rally over the course of a few years - Walter Smith. He played the policeman and had a few lines, mostly cursing if I recall (which fit him well) - he was quite gifted at it.

I need to revisit both movies to see how they hold up.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I have the cannonball run on DVD, but totally forgot about the gumball Rally. I’ll have to find that one too

The only thing I remember about the movie is that my favorite car at the time (Chevy Corvette), wrecked and split in half just after a minute or two into the race.

3 weeks later
    #25 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

175 on unprepared roads. Brilliant.
    Assuming your competitors are so thoughtful, also brilliant.
    Wanna come up with anymore justifications for recklessly doing whatever you damn well please?

I'm not saying that its not dangerous to others, but the only thing I can compare to is when I visited Wyoming a few years ago. I flew into Casper since it was cheaper and drove across the state to Cody. Don't know my average speed, but I was over 100 much of the drive. I slowed down for the occasional town or two and anytime I had to pass a car of course, but on the open road I could literally count on both hands the number of cars I saw during the drive (I don't remember the day of the week, but it was mid-day). When you're out there in huge open expanses all alone, you don't even feel like your going that fast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theres-a-new-cannonball-run-record-?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.