(Topic ID: 218843)

There should be a rap pin.

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be a rap pin made?”

• Yes, I’d buy one right away 72 votes
      20%
    • Yes, I’d buy one used eventually 32 votes
      9%
    • Yes, even though I don’t like rap 20 votes
      6%
    • Sure, but only after a couple more rock pins 1 vote
    • It’s time for a country music pin, you can have rap later 8 votes
      2%
    • It’s time for an electronic dance music pin, you can have rap later 23 votes
      6%
    • No, only make more rock pins, I won’t buy this 31 votes
      9%
    • No, rap is just a fad, don’t waste your time 11 votes
      3%
    • No, I hate rap music and everything about it 161 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 359 votes by 340 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180621-173656 (resized).png
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    aggretsuko (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png
    a1-2 (resized).jpg
    rs_rundmc_lead-bc248ede-688a-4ccf-a506-46e4fc86b1f9 (resized).png
    mr_-yuk (resized).jpg
    2c8mty (resized).jpg
    San_andreas_4 (resized).jpg
    22-watch-chappie-2 (resized).jpg
    indsssex (resized).jpg
    MJ1A8725 (resized).jpg
    079924702fc8a36ea016db8f55a296ba.gif
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 5 years ago

IMO modern pinball is now in the most un-cool era in it's entire history. Even as somebody that is "supposedly" in the demographic range these newer retro licensed old rock star and movie games are aimed at, I find nothing cool about them at all.

I find it rather unfortunate that this is what it has taken to keep pinball alive. When and if pinball decides to ever become "cool" again, I might be interested in supporting it.

Cool-

rs-10918-snoop-624-1368121236 (1) (resized).jpgrs-10918-snoop-624-1368121236 (1) (resized).jpg

Uncool-
    3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You still hijacking every thread to complain about pinball themes?

I been gone for over a month sucka!

#120 5 years ago

I'm not overly knowledgeable of the entire history of rap and hip hop music. But I've heard quite a few gems I really like a lot. First rap song I heard was Walk This Way by Aerosmith it would seem.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

When was it cool?

Pinball? Before the manufacturers started reading pinside dream theme threads and thinking there was a goldmine here I think.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm an 80's kid.

The 80s were so cool, there is retro fashion available for you to wear while you are playing your retro 80s themed games whether at home or on location so you can really fit the part!

80s-ClothingStyle-For-Men1 (resized).jpg80s-ClothingStyle-For-Men1 (resized).jpg
    #165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

best decade for music and film and fashion.

That's seriously debatable. If you were a kid at the time of course you will have fond memories, but as a young adult at the time I can say the 80s was certainly not my favorite with the way people acted, dressed, worked themselves to death, and other goings on in the world. It was really a stressed out time.

In fact it would be at the bottom of my list and good riddance when it was over. But we made the best of it and there was plenty of good media and other things to do. I certainly have no desire to revisit it. Never did and never will.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tough age o-din. Too old not to care aboot being nuked into oblivion and too young for enough coke not to give a shit.

They had us do nuke drills when we were kids where we would get under our desks at school like that would some how save us. As far as coke is concerned it was rampant from the late 70s and 80s and I watched quite a few friends of mine that went from smoking weed in the 70s take a real bad road that it some cases went onto meth later on. It was their choice, not mine.

I'm really stoked for when I was born because I not only got to see part of the 60s but also got to live the dream as a teenage skater and surfer in So Cal during the 70s before this place was way overcrowded and the ocean was still clean. At 56 now, I'm not feeling much older either because I just go with the flow and roll with the times. And good times they are.

#220 5 years ago

This might be the only rap most pinsiders can relate to.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't want "family friendly"

Period.

#230 5 years ago

Too late for a Vanilla Ice rap game.

However, if they were to do a "Vanilla Ice Project" home improvement game, that could be very interesting.
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpgvanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg

#251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m quoting someone from the Supreme thread when I say that this is not for you.

I'd like a Supreme between Snoop and Tupac machines. I wanna be as gangsta as I can be!

#287 5 years ago
    2c8mty (resized).jpg2c8mty (resized).jpg
    #322 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It would have to be incorporated into a movie theme like Fast and the Furious or the like.

Well they aint ever gonna do Fast and Furious either so there! Pinball's become so lame....

#329 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well they ain’t going back to EMs either
    So there

LOL.

Actually if pinball survives there probably will be a Fast and Furious pinball machine sometime between the year 2030 and 2040, if that is long enough to make it a "nostalgic" theme.

Quoted from iceman44:

And I'm sure they don't care about what you think Odiner because you aren't buying it anyhow.

They don't want my money that's fine with me. I just bought and opened a brand new TNA three weeks ago.

#331 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Coming from a guy that loves EM's I just can't figure out what's "nostalgic lame" and what's not?

Nostalgic cool would be say something that happened long before we were born. Vikings, middle ages, old west. Nostalgic lame is a movie or band from 30 years ago. As new pinball themes of course. Old movies and music can be cool.

#332 5 years ago

Obviously this is just the way I see it. The other 99% on pinside surely can't be wrong.

#339 5 years ago

This just in!

They are making a Saran rap game.

a1-2 (resized).jpga1-2 (resized).jpg
    #343 5 years ago

How bout some west coast?

#353 5 years ago

Except when the white guy uses the n word, he can expect certain repercussions.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

According to the OP's current downvotes and upvotes this is pinside civil war.

I'll take my 15 up votes as an indication that although not overwhelmingly decisive, there are many pinsiders that would surely rather have a Snoop Dogg game than another Aerosmith.

I still gotta wonder how much Aerosmith or even Kiss paid them to make those games.

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from rolandnadeau:

Anyway, I think a Gorillaz machine would be perfect, and it bridges the gap between rock and rap.

If it's good enough for Clint Eastwood and Bruce Willis, it's good enough for me.

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

imagine if TNA had old rock music.

That would literally.. SUCK!!!!

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gorillaz is good stuff.

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
    I got sunshine in a bag
    I'm useless but not for long
    The future is coming on....

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Last time I checked, white was a colour, no?

Yeah, if you are an albino.

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I mean, just how long you gonna be at that fuckin pump anyways? Whole 10 minutes of loud music is really fuckin yer day up? Gtfo.

Depends on if you fill up at costco or not.

Shit, I'd suffer through trough a whole album of Bruce full blast, rather than watch those feeble fools in front of me dick around instead of putting the nozzle in and getting down to business.

#399 5 years ago

Probably still less painful than watching those fools finish their phone calls and then start searching for their costco cards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-should-be-a-rap-pin-?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.