(Topic ID: 218843)

There should be a rap pin.

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be a rap pin made?”

• Yes, I’d buy one right away 72 votes
      20%
    • Yes, I’d buy one used eventually 32 votes
      9%
    • Yes, even though I don’t like rap 20 votes
      6%
    • Sure, but only after a couple more rock pins 1 vote
    • It’s time for a country music pin, you can have rap later 8 votes
      2%
    • It’s time for an electronic dance music pin, you can have rap later 23 votes
      6%
    • No, only make more rock pins, I won’t buy this 31 votes
      9%
    • No, rap is just a fad, don’t waste your time 11 votes
      3%
    • No, I hate rap music and everything about it 161 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 359 votes by 340 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180621-173656 (resized).png
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    aggretsuko (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png
    a1-2 (resized).jpg
    rs_rundmc_lead-bc248ede-688a-4ccf-a506-46e4fc86b1f9 (resized).png
    mr_-yuk (resized).jpg
    2c8mty (resized).jpg
    San_andreas_4 (resized).jpg
    22-watch-chappie-2 (resized).jpg
    indsssex (resized).jpg
    MJ1A8725 (resized).jpg
    079924702fc8a36ea016db8f55a296ba.gif
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 5 years ago

This guy already got a pin

220px-ShaqDiesel (resized).jpg220px-ShaqDiesel (resized).jpg
    #155 5 years ago

What about an Organized Rhyme? DJ Pin, what could be a better fit?

Canadian hip hop is a strange scene. It is generally has much more polite lyrics. I think artists like Shad are really pushing what rap can be.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s just the start of it. The evil record companies had little to do with the beasties besides profiting from their creativity. And by even their SECOND record they were pissing off the record companies by refusing to release licensed

I know you are talking more about the Capital Records time than Def Jam. But I think it is a little unfair to discount the influence Rick Rubin had. I don't think it is unreasonable to compare Rubin's influence to that of George Martin.

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

A kung fu themed pin with RZA beats and the Wu Tang lyrical portions done more like Spooky's approach to Alice Cooper, where there's "game music" and "mode songs" would probably be ideal.

I think Afro Samurai would lend itself well to a pin. It is stylish, it has a natural story based progression up to the number 2 headband and final wizard mode of getting revenge on Justice. Music by RZA and Wu-Tang. Perfect.

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

It's a good thing Eminem alone didn't sell too many more than 220 million albums worldwide otherwise we might have a serious problem on our hands trying to bring everyone back to real music.

Eminem is interesting. Yes, the Slim Shady LP was successful. The collaboration with Dr Dre brought him credibility and it was a recognized success.

The Marshall Mathers EP is still crude and offensive. But then you have real mainstream success of Stan. Dido was a pretty different collaboration bringing his music to new audiences.

Eminem song like Stan, Rhyme and Reason, Sing for the Moment and Toy Soldiers appeals to white suburban kids. He samples the music of their parents, music they grew up hearing, that they know, but don't identify as their music. Then this rude, sexist, controversial rapper takes their parents music and transforms it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imharrow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-should-be-a-rap-pin-?tu=imharrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.