(Topic ID: 218843)

There should be a rap pin.

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be a rap pin made?”

• Yes, I’d buy one right away 72 votes
      20%
    • Yes, I’d buy one used eventually 32 votes
      9%
    • Yes, even though I don’t like rap 20 votes
      6%
    • Sure, but only after a couple more rock pins 1 vote
    • It’s time for a country music pin, you can have rap later 8 votes
      2%
    • It’s time for an electronic dance music pin, you can have rap later 23 votes
      6%
    • No, only make more rock pins, I won’t buy this 31 votes
      9%
    • No, rap is just a fad, don’t waste your time 11 votes
      3%
    • No, I hate rap music and everything about it 161 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 359 votes by 340 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180621-173656 (resized).png
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    aggretsuko (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png
    a1-2 (resized).jpg
    rs_rundmc_lead-bc248ede-688a-4ccf-a506-46e4fc86b1f9 (resized).png
    mr_-yuk (resized).jpg
    2c8mty (resized).jpg
    San_andreas_4 (resized).jpg
    22-watch-chappie-2 (resized).jpg
    indsssex (resized).jpg
    MJ1A8725 (resized).jpg
    079924702fc8a36ea016db8f55a296ba.gif
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

With rap music now the mainstream, beating out rock n popularity. I think it’s time for a rap music pin to be made by stern. There are many different ways you could tackle it, like just pick an artist and completely feature their music, just like the current rock titles (Ac-dc, Metallica, ect). For this you’d need a proficient artist but there’s lots that come to mind. You could have it be a east coast, west coast rap battle and feature a couple artists. Or you could do something else.
    I think it would be cool to have a “Rap battle America” pin. The rules would be kinda like GoT, but instead of picking a house to play as, you would pick a city to represent. Then you would rap battle other cities around North America until you beat them all. Your wizard modes (instead of Hand of the King and Iron Throne) could be a radio show freestyle; and live tv appearance. Or something to that affect. You wouldn’t even have to use any specific artists, you could just have the styles of music and flow from each city. (Toronto, New York, Atlanta, Compton, ect.) it be great to have music from Drake, Jay Z, Ludicrous, and Dr Dre, but that would probably be expensive. (Plus you could change the tracks if wanted.)
    The playfield shots and targets could build a rhyme to battle in each city, with combo shots making better raps. The shots could be labeled as Diss, freestyle, flow, vocabulary, ect. The more shots you make in each city before you lock in the mode he better.
    What are your ideas for a rap pin?
    STERN, GET IT BUILT!

Rap and music really shouldn't be in the same sentence. Rap is not music. Music involves playing instruments and maybe singing.

Rap is basically poem reading with a toddler busting out the same beat track on his casio keyboard in the background. Most cannot play instruments, cannot read music or know the first thing about writing music. The producer, or recording studio, plays some generic track that he wiped up in about 10 seconds, and the others stand around and say....oh that sounds good. Lets lay that down.

I do not like country music, but I acknowledge it as a music. Takes talent to play instruments, write song structures that involve multiple instruments, and singing.

Rap does not fall into any of these catagories. But I do like Old school rap like Run DMC or 2 Live crew. Calling it music is a stretch, but I like it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-should-be-a-rap-pin-?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.